2nds Peel Thunder 2024 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

JunglistPosse

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
WAFL Grand Finalists in 2023, hoping that we have another successful year in 2024.

I get the feeling we are building some depth, so will be interested to see how the team performs.

I am not over the entire squad, so would be grateful to understand what we think will be our potential line ups for 2024.

Last edited:
WAFL Grand Finalists in 2023, hoping that we have another successful year in 2024.

I get the feeling we are building some depth, so will be interested to see how the team performs.

I am not over the entire squad, so would be grateful to understand what we think will be our potential line ups for 2023.

What is going on with their financial balance sheets ?. Should be doing ok on the financial front.

Team should be solid this year, with hopefully good competition for advancement to the Freo team.

I am not over the entire squad, so would be grateful to understand what we think will be our potential line ups for 2023.

Cooper Simpson, Ethan Stanley and especially Hugh Davies will be ones I will be watching for, some really key opportunities for those fellas to show they can learn and work hard to develop fast, putting their hands up for chances at AFL level if we have injuries or form drop offs from the first 25...

Had a go on some players that will be in the mix for round 1. Tough one, but our depth looks reasonable.

Worner - HB

Murphy -FB

Hughes- HB

Walker - HB

Simpson- midfield

Erasmus- midfield

Reid/ knobel - Ruck

- FF

Banfield - HF

Draper - B

Davies - FB

Noddy- W

Sturt- HF

Delean - HF

Voss (if selected) - F

Tabs - F

Brodie - Mid

Stanley - W

Had a go on some players that will be in the mix for round 1. Tough one, but our depth looks reasonable.

Worner - HB

Murphy -FB

Hughes- HB

Walker - HB

Simpson- midfield

Erasmus- midfield

Reid/ knobel - Ruck

- FF

Banfield - HF

Draper - B

Davies - FB

Noddy- W

Sturt- HF

Delean - HF

Voss (if selected) - F

Tabs - F

Brodie - Mid

Stanley - W

What's the rule this year on the number of afl listed players allowed to play seniors? Same as last year or has it changed again?

That’s why we should be pushing hard for an afl seconds team. Bugger Peel and the WAFL is just a feeder comp anyway. The current set up is not helping our team in anyway
I agree. The two byes every week also makes for too many gaps in players playing in competitive games. By the two byes against competitive teams I mean the one fixturing bye and the bye against decent competition for every time a team that plays the West Coast seconds.

Hey guys. What’s your thoughts on a potential round 1 lineup for Peel?

I realise this doesn’t take into account any cap the WAFL impose on us , but I’d like to have a crack.

Draper McDonald Hughes
Walker Davies Worner
Stanley Erasmus NOD
Banfield Reidy Williams
Voss Tabs Delean

Knobel Simpson Emmett

I'm really excited for Peel this season, I can't wait to see our new toys running around. Simpson is not going to last long down at Peel so I'm particularly looking forward to Delean and Odin who I think could be something special in a few years time.

Hey guys. What’s your thoughts on a potential round 1 lineup for Peel?

I realise this doesn’t take into account any cap the WAFL impose on us , but I’d like to have a crack.

Draper McDonald Hughes
Walker Davies Worner
Stanley Erasmus NOD
Banfield Reidy Williams
Voss Tabs Delean

Knobel Simpson Emmett
Hmm, not many project players this year that could play reserves. Knobel has to be given league games this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odin will play reserves, no room with Tabs, Voss and Reidy all playing league.
Our likely (at this stage) early season Peel WAFL forward line of Voss, Tabs, Delean, Sturt, Banfield (Reidy, Simpson and Knobel likely to rotate) looks like our best freo contingent Peel forward since we aligned with Peel. Blair Bell will also likely also be playing too. Odin might have to start the year in reserves but he'll get a chance to impress soon enough.

Only 6 Freo players lining up for the Peel scratchie this weekend

Brandon Walker
Max Knobel
Corey Wagner
Jeremy Sharp
Conrad Williams
Patrick Voss

Can we read anything into this re next weeks selections. Sharp def needs the extra run.

Only 6 Freo players lining up for the Peel scratchie this weekend

Brandon Walker
Max Knobel
Corey Wagner
Jeremy Sharp
Conrad Williams
Patrick Voss

Can we read anything into this re next weeks selections. Sharp def needs the extra run.
Seems pretty weird to me that we're only playing six. I don't get the logic of not playing, in addition to these six:
1. Every player that is no hope of round 1 (Delean, Murphy, Stanley, Draper etc)
2. Every player that stank it up and/or played limited minutes against Port but is a chance to be considered for round 1, so they can get some confidence/form (Treacy, Sturt, Banfield, Erasmus etc)

Seems pretty weird to me that we're only playing six. I don't get the logic of not playing, in addition to these six:
1. Every player that is no hope of round 1 (Delean, Murphy, Stanley, Draper etc)
2. Every player that stank it up and/or played limited minutes against Port but is a chance to be considered for round 1, so they can get some confidence/form (Treacy, Sturt, Banfield, Erasmus etc)
would have thought Sturt needs a run

Have to remember it's a WAFL practice match, the intensity won't be super high and they probably don't want to take too many spots away from the guys trying to win a spot in the starting league team.
Just play anyone who is in contention for round 1 only.
This doesn't explain Conrad unless it's to determine if he is playing reserves or league.

Last edited:
Have to remember it's a WAFL practice match, the intensity won't be super high and they probably don't want to take too many spots away from the guys trying to win a team in the starting league team.
Just play anyone who is in contention for round 1 only.
This doesn't explain Conrad unless it's too determine if he is playing reserves or league.
Like hearing this!!!!!

Cause Wagner is playing tomorrow 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back