The BigFooty "Ban the Cheer Squad" campaign

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Join now. Do you, like me, hate giant pom poms? Do you wince whenever you see a lovingly prepared banner with five lines of rotten poetry and an advert on the back destroyed in seconds? Do you ever wish people would come up with a better chant than "<TEAM NAME> CLAP CLAP CLAP"?

Do you wonder what people who wear shirts reading "Cheer Squad Official" and consider themselves 'leaders' do the other six days of the week when they're not acting like mutants at the footy? BAN THEM ALL. Break them up by armed force if necessary. That includes our one, don't you worry about that, especially the guy who does the one hand in the air "MEL" and one hand in the air "BOURNE" chant.

I was stuck next to the Melbourne cheer squad last night. I like the big pom poms and the flags etc, but I'm fed up with them not joining in with the crowd in the big chant. Like there was a massive MELBOURNE chant around the ground last night, it sounded great. But the cheer squad did a different chant. Lazy bastards.

the cheersquads aren't always the glamour supporters of their respective teams, but do put their hearts into their teams

I respect the job they do with the banners, but Cheer Squads are frontrunners, and terribly silent during play - often only waking up when a goal is scored.

I don't think they will ever be eradicated from the game, as they are a part of footy ....but I don't like 'em.

At least Collingwood had the right idea a few backs ago, a cheersquad splintered into different factions who hated each other. That's what it should be like. Then Eddie came along and united them all again - that's as good enough reason as any to hate him.

I want to start a rival faction of the MFC squad. Just to annoy them. Who's in? You don't even have to be follow us. :D

Dont worry, the MFC Cheer Squad, its pretty political in there, with the same old people, doing the same old things year in, year out

its better to sit a few rows away from the pom-pom wavers, and just take advantage of the reserved seating section

I do not sit with or near the cheer squads, but what a totally stupid thread, to make the cheer squads who spend week in week out putting together a banner to celebrate a players achievement.
You should be ashamed.
Kleos

Supermercado said:
Join now. Do you, like me, hate giant pom poms? Do you wince whenever you see a lovingly prepared banner with five lines of rotten poetry and an advert on the back destroyed in seconds? Do you ever wish people would come up with a better chant than "<TEAM NAME> CLAP CLAP CLAP"?

Do you wonder what people who wear shirts reading "Cheer Squad Official" and consider themselves 'leaders' do the other six days of the week when they're not acting like mutants at the footy? BAN THEM ALL. Break them up by armed force if necessary. That includes our one, don't you worry about that, especially the guy who does the one hand in the air "MEL" and one hand in the air "BOURNE" chant.
They are now a vehicle for Microsoft to promote their ********ty XBOX.

Supermercado said:
At least Collingwood had the right idea a few backs ago, a cheersquad splintered into different factions who hated each other. That's what it should be like. Then Eddie came along and united them all again - that's as good enough reason as any to hate him.

I want to start a rival faction of the MFC squad. Just to annoy them. Who's in? You don't even have to be follow us. :D
Isnt that the grog squad, now thats the proper cheer squad.

Ive actually seen a Richmond grog squad shirt they actually look pretty good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kleos said:
I do not sit with or near the cheer squads, but what a totally stupid thread, to make the cheer squads who spend week in week out putting together a banner to celebrate a players achievement.
You should be ashamed.
Kleos

Come on. You've played 200 games, everyone respects you as a great, resilient player. What does running through some paper do for you? Especially when the back of it says CHEER SQUAD DISCO and has an ad for Pizza Hut.

I'm disappointed at the response to this campaign. Don't you ever wonder why the West Coast CS wave signs that say "HUNGRY JACKS" and nothing else? What position does he play?

Supermercado said:

So they wouldn't let you join huh?

I like seeing the teams running through the banner, it's one of the unique things about Aussie Rules. Thank you to the cheer squads for organising them.

Arabian Goggles said:
So they wouldn't let you join huh?

Given the standard of people in there I fail to see how anyone could get rejected... I couldn't think of anything worse than sitting in the middle of that and waving flags like it was the Olympic opening ceremony.

If you look in the dictionary under Nuff Nuff, you see a picture the president of the RFC Cheer Squad. I was a member when I was about 12-16, and at about the age of 16 (1990) I realised that if you want to actually have fun from the footy you need to get yourself away from the cheersquads, so I started hanging around the Grog Squad who were much more fun :)

Do you wonder what people who wear shirts reading "Cheer Squad Official" and consider themselves 'leaders' do the other six days of the week when they're not acting like mutants at the footy?

Geelong Cheer Squad has these people, except it is in a form of badges on their chests which they puff out very proudly.

Hit And Rum said:
Rocky Bay Cheer Squad > IQ then Colonwood Cheer Squad

plus more teeth

H&R that's the pot calling the kettle black, people on BF have a right to know you are the president of the Ricky May Cheer Squad.

That's you on the left.

ricky_1987.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back