East Fremantle Question

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 10, 2003
London
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Furies
Can someone tell me which of Bruce Monteaths kids are playing at East Fremantle, and are decent prospects for possible drafting?

There are two sons Rhys and Kim, but no one seems to know which one is eligible or talented.

Any info appreciated.

p.s Any other East Fremantle players touted as early picks?

Kim Monteath is the one you are after I think, not sure if he is eligible.

As for East Fremantle draftees, Andrew Swallow is about the only one I can think of.

Andrew Swallow, Mitchell Clark and Josh Kennedy are the 3 East Freo 'stars' but all are too young to be drafted this year. I think Kim Monteath is too young as well but as a 185cm key forward he'll have to become a midfielder.

Kym's older brother Rhys is in the East Freo reserves but would be 20 by now.

Originally posted by Weaver
Andrew Swallow, Mitchell Clark and Josh Kennedy are the 3 East Freo 'stars' but all are too young to be drafted this year. I think Kim Monteath is too young as well but as a 185cm key forward he'll have to become a midfielder.

I think someone posted on here that Andrew Swallow had been made eligible or was going to be made eligible.

Originally posted by coasting
I think someone posted on here that Andrew Swallow had been made eligible or was going to be made eligible.

You are correct, in fact that has been common knowledge for a couple of weeks now. He is now eligible and will nominate and I will be surprised if he doesn't go fairly early in the Draft. He is held in very high regard by several Clubs particularly one north of the border!

Originally posted by mick ryan
You are correct, in fact that has been common knowledge for a couple of weeks now. He is now eligible and will nominate and I will be surprised if he doesn't go fairly early in the Draft. He is held in very high regard by several Clubs particularly one north of the border!

Wouldn't suprise me to see him in a Fremantle Jumper.

It's interesting to note the players who step up in the colts competition when the other guys are playing in the U18 championships.

Originally posted by West Coast Stre
Wouldn't suprise me to see him in a Fremantle Jumper.

It's interesting to note the players who step up in the colts competition when the other guys are playing in the U18 championships.

Such as?

Originally posted by southjoy
Such as?

Crossland from West Perth would be one. Went from an average contributor to an outstanding one with LeCras and Van Berlo out of the team.

Crossland from West Perth would be one. Went from an average contributor to an outstanding one with LeCras and Van Berlo out of the team.

Yes I most definately agree with that. He has gone to another level. Pity it wasn't earlier he would of gained interest from the 18's selectors.
Moores is another from Subiaco who has got a lot better and from SF losing so many then you wouldn't need to look further than Coultas and Clayton Collard

He started the season off well and played some very good games, given the role he normally plays I don't agree the absence of Le Cras and Van Berlo had much to do with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I noticed him, not a bad size actually. Players that size are always looked at closely. Haven't seen him do much though but then again Spaanderman got drafted in the 1st round so who knows.

Originally posted by coasting
Yeah I noticed him, not a bad size actually. Players that size are always looked at closely. Haven't seen him do much though but then again Spaanderman got drafted in the 1st round so who knows.

Players who are 195cm and 100kg who average 16 disposals, 5.75 marks and 2.5 goals per game are usually looked at pretty closely.

Players who are 195cm and 100kg who average 16 disposals, 5.75 marks and 2.5 goals per game are usually looked at pretty closely.

Yes but it is only colts and some players get 40+ possessions. If he is 195/100kg then he is quite physically developed and talent scouts would take that into account. Did he play in the championships? How did he perform? I can't remember seeing him.

Quentin Lynch (as per those dimensions) didn't get drafted.

He has however turned out to be a decent AFL contributer

I asked a question a few days ago and no one answered so i will ask again. Does anyone know anything about kym monteath at all? Like what positon, height, weight etc. Is he a good prospect

Originally posted by wrennyboy
I asked a question a few days ago and no one answered so i will ask again. Does anyone know anything about kym monteath at all? Like what positon, height, weight etc. Is he a good prospect

Smallish/medium forward who was injured earlier this year I think, a shoulder maybe. Skillful but I'm not a recruiter so I couldn't tell you his AFL prospects.

Originally posted by Weaver

Does anyone rate Leigh Conway because i do, is he eligble....very tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back