Mod. Notice Hawthorn Board Live News Feed of Hawthorn Stories

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey people, I'm in the process of trying out something for next season for Hawthorn news from the various media publications.

Ultimately, I'd like to have a link to a Hawthorn Board aggregated media page where all stories relating to hawthorn appeared in chronological order. Only the headers, then you clicked through to the site. Also for those inclined, an RSS feed of the same thing.

What it would mean is that you could just go to this link and know that every Hawthorn related story would be there as it appeared. Much easier and more comprehensive. Then people could start threads like they normally do etc.

Now, I'm pretty crap at this web stuff, and I'm learning as I go, so if anyone can help with refining the Yahoo Pipes set-up, I'd be most grateful.

Tis a work in progress.

You'll find it up there <arrow pointing up> between the main board thread list and the sub boards. In the mod announcer thing.

Re: Media Mash-up

We now have a live news feed embedded on the Hawthorn boards. Check out the moderator announcement at the top of the page.

I'll tweak the search parameters and filters, plus add links to new youtube content, so we'll know when vids and the like come in. Most excellent.

Ok.

The feed is now an aggregate of The Age (all footy stories), the Herald Sun (Hawthorn Stories), the AFL site Hawthorn feed, the Hawthorn Club site. I'll add the ABC and any Youtube content featuring the Hawks over the next few days.

So what this all means folks, is that by clicking on the link above you'll get a constantly updating list of the current articles about Hawthorn in the press.

Then you can just click on the link of the one you want to read, and start a thread if you so wish.

Any suggestions about content you'd like, or tweaks, let me know.

I'll be asking admin to look at the layout to make it easier on the eyes etc.

Have fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back