Pies Rumour?

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 10, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Newcastle Utd (EPL)
I just want to state, that I am not on here to cause trouble, I am wanting to know if anyone else can shed any light on the rumour that I have heard from a fellow pies supporter.

The rumour I'm hearing is that 5 unnamed pies players have reportedly tested positive after the GF replay to elevated human growth hormone levels. The mail I have been provided is that whilst the levels were elevated they were found to be within the legal limit - just!!!!

I reiterate that at this stage no rules or limits have been broken to my knowledge but this story would obviously be of interest to the football world.

I heard that Harry O'Brien killed a lion with his bare hands and served it up to the other 4 in mention. Clearly this is the human growth hormone that is aforementioned.

I just want to state, that I am not on here to cause trouble, I am wanting to know if anyone else can shed any light on the rumour that I have heard from a fellow pies supporter.

The rumour I'm hearing is that 5 unnamed pies players have reportedly tested positive after the GF replay to elevated human growth hormone levels. The mail I have been provided is that whilst the levels were elevated they were found to be within the legal limit - just!!!!

I reiterate that at this stage no rules or limits have been broken to my knowledge but this story would obviously be of interest to the football world.

I guess there ends the story.

I heard that Harry O'Brien killed a lion with his bare hands and served it up to the other 4 in mention. Clearly this is the human growth hormone that is aforementioned.
Wasn't it an elephant? (Remember Harry's comments about taking one bite at a time is how to eat an elephant).:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

seedsman_paul.jpg

Rafael Nadal & Roger Federer have also just tested positive for a human growth hormone.

However, it was also within allowed limits so it wont be reported on.

From what little I remember from biology, hgh is produced naturally thru the pituitary gland, and quite a lot of it, only starting to decrease output around 25. It's also not unusual for someone to produce a large amount more than another person of the same age. That's probably why they have limits, and only going above those limits would flag a possible problem.
Seems like a non issue to me.

How many players are tested after a game?
The just legally within the limit is good rumour fodder , if the person knows it is crap , as it can't be acted on , but at the same time tries to infer something sinister.

So Little Nicky is already on it then?

Strange. Every other rumour thread has been shut down. How does this one stay alive?
Because it's ridiculous, doesn't allege anything libelous, and nobody would be dumb enough to believe that this idiot has any inside mail, or that anybody is going around talking about legal drug test results, which would be a massive breach of doctor-patient confidentiality.

I don't believe it either, especially the person who's name is being linked to it, just couldn't see him being involved because it all appears to mean too much to him to something that stupid.

What makes you think Saints supporters started it, sure they might be spreading it, but that's not where I heard it orginated from. I heard that several media people are aware of it, but not willing to run with it, because Collingwood (of which I am quite jealous) seem to strike fear into the media and nobody would dare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back