Game Day Pie v Pie Intraclub - Wed Feb 14th. 4:30-6pm @ AIA. Streaming via Collingwood app or website.

Remove this Banner Ad

I concur that Cox is a not necessarily a lock in our side this year, despite his solid finals output.

He may run out there round zero, but it’s very easily to see the probability he may be pushed out in that spot by younger talls, especially if Darcy Cameron starts this season as sh*t hot as he’s been training.
No way. People have been writing Coxy off for nine years. Give him some credit....please. We will require his presence up forward as well as in the ruck. Cox was the difference in the ruck throughout the finals. His extra height and leap is so vital at crucial moments. Cameron is excellent when injury free- especially with his second efforts and marking around the ground but Cox is just as valuable with his different skillset and physical advantages.

And why do you think that happened?

Because Cox is the better ruck or Darcy after struggling with injury all year was now running on empty?

Come round 0 Cameron with be our No.1 ruck once again.
Cox was all over Briggs in the prelim with his height advantage. I know Briggs was playing with an injury but Coxy took advantage. His mark and goal from 45 m out in that titanic last term was simply sensational.

Yes ok if he’s at a level where he’s statistically a top 5 ruck in the comp again he is ahead in my (and likely everyone else’s) opinion, except yours. Happy now?
Yes yes as always you are always right. You are such a ninja master here. Do you always & I mean always have to be such a dick?
You argue with almost everyone here as if we support different teams. You have issues.

Like I said Jen & no offence intended here. Sometimes we put too much emphasis on pre season training form. I think they will use Cameron in the ruck early in the season as they like Cox in the forward line as well. But I bet the likes of Gawn & McInerney & even English would much prefer opposing Cameron to Cox at centre bounces & stoppages. When the real stuff starts we will have a better read on this. I'm also a little excited by Fin & Reef's form, but until they show this in real games for 4 points against desperate opposition it really doesn't mean diddly.
I think Cameron is still on he improve and could become a very good player.

Hill, Lipinski and Macrae were my three stand out performers watching it live and the post game commentary just confirms it for me.

Funny because baring injuries I think Lipinski and Macrae are going to compete for the same position (roughly because I don’t think Macrae can take the first inside mid extractor job against the better midfields and Nick and Jordy are untouchable as the rest of the clearance mids). The only other factors here are Elliott as a half forward+wingman who will likely get managed as he was getting pretty puffed out last year a times and WHE who has been a great versatile asset (wing, half back and CHF at times!) but may be forced to play a different role or sub.

With the tall debate I think Cox will get managed too. I would make him first in line for the forward ruck job (Cameron I’ve always thought would be first ruck based on Fly’s comments and him being our best contested mark) but Krueger or Johnson can overtake him if their form warrants it. I’d just play more of a 50/50 role to negate top opposition rucks like Gawn, Darcy, English and McInerney.

I suspect with injuries and these positional trials we’ll see more changes at selection versus last year where stability was rightly prioritised. But with an aging list we can’t just replicate that and we need to plan for the future too.

Yes yes as always you are always right. You are such a ninja master here. Do you always & I mean always have to be such a dick?
You argue with almost everyone here as if we support different teams. You have issues.
Ok mate, you totally didn’t start this by getting defensive about my opinion 🙄

I'm going to the praccy match against norf and I want to watch HH closely because he looked really good the other day. If he keeps improving, as he seems to have already, it's going to be hard to fit all our quality small forwards in the one team. Are we going to go into some games with a pure mosquito fleet. The mind boggles and anything is possible with Fly

You're fine bro, a bit ballsy but I like that. I bet you were a midfielder in your playing days. Good midfielders need to be ballsy because we do all the hard work and others reap the rewards. You can be a bit mean though

I said this
He is ahead in your opinion & not in mine. That's opinions in a nutshell.
It did not need anything further. We disagree on who is the better ruckman.
Was it impossible to just leave it there?

It’s like nobody remembers last season and how Cox was clearly number 1 ruckman in all the finals and Cameron really wasnt useful.
I’m not going to bother anymore there are posters whose mind you can’t change about Cox no matter what he does. I guess I’m like that with Reef, you’ll never convince me he should be on our list let alone get a game.

It’s like nobody remembers last season and how Cox was clearly number 1 ruckman in all the finals and Cameron really wasnt useful.
I’m not going to bother anymore there are posters whose mind you can’t change about Cox no matter what he does. I guess I’m like that with Reef, you’ll never convince me he should be on our list let alone get a game.
Of course people remember. And Cox helped a great deal. But DC was also never quite the same with his knee injury and he played with broken ribs in the finals.
What happens in the finals doesn't matter now. Its a new year, new preseason. Things change. And DC is fitter than Ive seen him in years and he staking his claim to have that #1 ruck role back.

But in the end, does it really matter? Both will play ruck and forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm pro Cox and I'm really happy for him to be our primary ruck, however I feel that when our rucks share the duties close to 50/50 that's when they function the best. An inform Cameron only strengthens the Pies. He was out of form for most of 2023. His 2022 form was very good.

I'm pro Cox and I'm really happy for him to be our primary ruck, however I feel that when our rucks share the duties close to 50/50 that's when they function the best. An inform Cameron only strengthens the Pies. He was out of form for most of 2023. His 2022 form was very good.
Agree, individually, neither Cox or Cameron would be considered AFL best, together, well, they're a flag winning combination. Our ability to control games, especially the last 5-10 minutes is, in no small part due to the Cox/Cameron combination - not just competitiveness in the ruck, but also their contested marking capabilities. Essentially, they are a one, two combination that most teams struggle with - it's largely a moot point which one is our best, what matters is how effectively they matchup with the opposition.

Agree, individually, neither Cox or Cameron would be considered AFL best, together, well, they're a flag winning combination. Our ability to control games, especially the last 5-10 minutes is, in no small part due to the Cox/Cameron combination - not just competitiveness in the ruck, but also their contested marking capabilities. Essentially, they are a one, two combination that most teams struggle with - it's largely a moot point which one is our best, what matters is how effectively they matchup with the opposition.
This ⬆️

Why does everyone have to s**t on the other ruck when praising one.

Can’t we except we just have two good ruckman that work well together?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back