Game Day Pies v Hawthorn, 5 August, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone wondering why we operated at 50-50 all season with rucks, today's the reason. Cameron isn't up to it alone and Johnson is not a ruckman. Nor is McStay.

Daicos. Return him to the HB line. I don't care if he gets 30 easy possessions, he needs to touch the ball to have an impact.

Emancipate Moore from his locked down role, too.

Mitchell and Adams both have failing bodies - so let's think about how we can set Macrae up for success when he returns from a broken thumb. Because sooner or later, he deserves a shot whilst they rest.

This is going to define our season and it's not a melt to say so. We can either kick back and accept a sixth placed finish or knuckle down and deliver a premiership.

After today no team will let Naicos run around by himself. Even at half back he'll get tagged now.

Can only go off what we've seen in recent weeks, anything else is idle speculation.

The flag race is still well and truly wide open and any of 5 or 6 teams could end up with it if they can strike a bit of form at the right time, and that includes us, whether that works for you personally or not.
Ladder position yes, form and how other teams know how to beat us, absolutely not.

We'll likely go out in straight sets unless we find another way to play coz everyone else has worked us out, good luck doing that we 3 games left in h&a to make it work.

In short our run at all costs game has been found out and we can't rely on it.

Geez. 2 weeks ago against Port we were on top of the world. Now this.
Did we make a decision to put the cue in the rack after the Port game and go easy, does that actually happen?
Looks like another week of avoiding media.

Geez, I would so love to be wrong, but the competition has worked out how to stop our run game, even when we got it going today we fumbled it and got exposed the other way, and that's been going on for weeks now.

Certainly got absolutely pumped at cb, just to compound things, that's bad against other contenders but against the 16th place team.

I now have zero confidence.

Please Fly and Co. please please please prove me wrong, and have a biblical seismic shift in game and make it work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be at least 4 changes
And there lies the problem.
Whoever the winner this year will be about to hit their straps and we are in our worst hole for the year.

Four changes will not help that, given nobody is busting the door down.
We have not guns to come back into the lineup either.

I think GWS have a better chance than us right here and now.

Melbourne and Bulldogs starting to lift too.

We need to at least win one of the next three to ensure we get to play at least 2 finals.

from my Delorean

Could’ve been worse, as in Essendon beating us today, after losing to Carlscum the previous week. If that happened l would’ve felt sick to my stomach. Losing to Hawthorn meh, not good, but you can tolerate their supporters.....

And there lies the problem.
Whoever the winner this year will be about to hit their straps and we are in our worst hole for the year.

Four changes will not help that, given nobody is busting the door down.
We have not guns to come back into the lineup either.

I think GWS have a better chance than us right here and now.

Melbourne and Bulldogs starting to lift too.

We need to at least win one of the next three to ensure we get to play at least 2 finals.

from my Delorean
I can understand being annoyed but check the ladder before writing nonsense

How long have you been following Collingwood with a comment like that. I will guarantee you there will still be ups this season but unfortunately downs as well.
That post you replied to isn't an emotional one, it's how we've been found out over the past weeks and is now coming home to roost.

We've been down for weeks yet managing wins, now and last week it's clear it's unlikely we'll win another game seeing how the opposition are now able to stop us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back