Top 5 Favourite Pies Players ever? (Not the best, your favourite).

Remove this Banner Ad

Tarrant
Buckley
Clement
Lucuria

Julian Rowe

Peter Daicos
Darren Millane
Leon Davis
Alan Didak
Jamie Elliott

Daicos Senior
Peter McKenna
Scott Pendlebury
Dane Swann
Billy Picken

Peter Daicos. How we screamed every time it came near him. Seriously in 1990 if the ball was within 10 metres of him, we used to start celebrating the goal, it was nuts.

Craig Davis. Recruited from Carlton where his head injuries ruled him out. Did not die wondering, played until he was done then came back and played for the Swans. Phar Lap wishes his heart was this big. Skilled small full forward.

Sav and Tony Rocca. Big hearts, bit boots, big boys. Sav wasn't as likeable but was so driven and determined and fair, he was like an Etruscan god (wait, his family were Calabrian, maybe an Oscan god?) sometimes, rose out of the morass of players to an Olympian plane. Tony was the cheekier younger brother, more likely to dish out a quick elbow. When they marked within 65 metres the stands began to shake.

Billy Picken. Psycho, massive mark, tough enough and boy did he love the big games.

I guess I love the crowd pleasers, all pretty obvious picks.

Peter Daicos
Nathan Buckley
Saverio Rocca
Alan Didak
Scott Pendlebury

Nathan Buckley
Travis Cloke
Anthony Rocca
Leon Davis
Josh Daicos

Peter Daicos
Gavin Brown
Tony Shaw
Pendles
Scott Burns

Peter Daicos
Dane Swan
Darren Millane
Scott Pendlebury
Nathan Buckley

notables : Dennis Banks, Paul Medhurst, Chris Tarrant, Heath Shaw, Peter Moore, Rene Kink, Gavin Brown, Leon Davis Mighty Mick

…..and a big FU to Daisy Thomas, you could have made the list, a serious case of the Blues has excluded you, damn you for your choices.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doug Barwick - Barrel chested Bomber destroyer
Graham Wright - Nick Daicos could have modelled his handballing from Wright, lethal wing man
Jack Crisp - Like finding a picasso in a rummage sale, the greatest steak knives ever.
Anthony Rocca - Loved the game, the ground, the crowd, the Club
Steele Sidebottom - Happiest, humblest footballer ever to wear the Black and White

Missing only because of the very unfair and arbitrary 5 player limit;

Josh Fraser - devoted his body to Collingwood
Paul Medhurst - Loved the game in the same way Sidearse does.
Simon Prestigiacomo - made the ultimate sacrifice.
Leigh Brown - Dragged ever single fibre of his body up to the level required.
Alan Didak - Swag on acid and steroids.
Heath Shaw - Loved the club like it was family even after the divorce, still does. The only truly bad decision Buckley made.

Didak ---- My username for online gaming for years!
Pendlebury ---- First time i got to see him live he did an injury early on in the game against the Lions ? Was shattered
Tommy Langdon ---- Loved his poise, his demeanor (spelling) on the field was so cool calm and non fussed
Dane Swan---- Love for the pies shone through with all his off field shenanigans, cant say a bad word about him
Nathan Buckley ---- Got me through the late 90s with hoping he could win a brownlow when our team was bottom dwellers

1 - Peter McKenna
2 - Phil Carman
3 - Ricky Barham
4 - Peter Daicos
5 - Scott Pendlebury

This is tough and age will be showed

No order
Brad Rowe
Doug barwick
Nathan Buckley
Leon Davis
Bobby hill