Preview Match Sim v North @ AIA - Wed Feb 21st. 10am. 4x25min

Remove this Banner Ad

Kreuger Strong contests but not much else, needs more involvement and be a bit more dangerous. Not sure he is more than AFL depth at best
Interesting thought. Given he's out of contract at the end of the year, what would you say is the minimum no. Of games he'd have to play to hold his spot on the list?

Theoretically (and realistically) he's an upgrade on all of Cox, Cameron, Frampton and Johnson imo. But whenever he gets a game at AFL level (and granted it's on a very small sample size) I just haven't seen him have consistent impact. Seen small snippets, but that's all. And at some point, the potential has to turn into consistent impact, otherwise there is no return on investment.

Whatever, we are going to have to admit his hunch, guess, opinion or 'insight' was correct, which is not going to be easy. Even worse would be watching Murphy's replacement trying to be half as effective as him.
Well Murphy hasn't retired as yet, & as opposed to Brayshaw, his recommendation was he could continue playing.

So until that changes or he decides he's not up to it, we don't have to worry about his replacement.

We're not a one man team, so we'll be right.

As long as Nathan is comfortable with whatever his choice is in the end, that's the most important thing.

That was one game and not something of which I would want to make a habit. Murphy would be a huge loss and to pretend otherwise is not something I would be advising posters to do. Forget the 'while Murphy is out' bit. If he doesn't line up week one, I'd imagine it's unlikely that he will again. He will do what Brayshaw did today and retire, and we will all be forced to apologise to kappa for not trusting his insight into the Murphy situation.
We had Howe down for much of last season and Dean unavailable, but our System prevailed.
Thats because the system is designed to work as long an individuals play their role. The individual is made less important in a good system.

We had Howe down for much of last season and Dean unavailable, but our System prevailed.
Thats because the system is designed to work as long an individuals play their role. The individual is made less important in a good system.
Agreed, but there is nothing wrong with having the best individuals in key positions. The more outstanding the individual players in a well coached team, the better the systems are likely to work. And the better the chance to squash the best opposition players.

Didn't get to see the match and haven't checked the scores.

So are we going back to back, or is the wooden spoon a sure thing?

Interesting thought. Given he's out of contract at the end of the year, what would you say is the minimum no. Of games he'd have to play to hold his spot on the list?

Theoretically (and realistically) he's an upgrade on all of Cox, Cameron, Frampton and Johnson imo. But whenever he gets a game at AFL level (and granted it's on a very small sample size) I just haven't seen him have consistent impact. Seen small snippets, but that's all. And at some point, the potential has to turn into consistent impact, otherwise there is no return on investment.
Not sure I agree with what you are thinking. he cant be an upgrade on either of Cox or Cameron as they are rucks and he cant do that job apart from possibly some pinch hitting. Frampton is depth also so he could go past him. AJ I think is a fair way ahead of Kreuger , he has a body of games and has demonstrated excellent aerial skills and an ability to hit the score board.

Kreugs has 4 career goals , 1 career contested mark and 4 marks inside 50. He is an unkown at AFL level essentially but is a long way from showing he could be a consistent goal scorer. 9 games (albeit many subbed off or on).

Kreuger? I wouldn't think someone thats played 9 games is an upgrade on any of those players.
He has shown glimpses back in 2022, but its hard to have a realistic view that he could ever be a regular.

McGavin? Or am I out of the loop again.
This guy

Happy Gilmore Cinema Supremo GIF

Just remember to never tell anyone that you eat pieces of s**t like them for breakfast. Because then they might ask, "Do you eat pieces of s**t for breakfast?" And you will have to say
adam sandler lol GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This guy

Just remember to never tell anyone that you eat pieces of s**t like them for breakfast. Because then they might ask, "Do you eat pieces of s**t for breakfast?" And you will have to say
adam sandler lol GIF
Second best golf movie ever.

First of course is Caddyshack

Didn't get to see the match and haven't checked the scores.

So are we going back to back, or is the wooden spoon a sure thing?
Norf for the 2024 flag, the rooball revolution is here :drunk:

"Hey, you scratched my anchor."
Don't be obsessed with your desires Sidey. The Zen philosopher, Basho, once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.' He was a funny guy.

Don't be obsessed with your desires Sidey. The Zen philosopher, Basho, once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.' He was a funny guy.
Don't take me down this gofer hole. We could be here for hours.

I have seen Gone Critical diagnose routine emergencies.

This guy

adam sandler lol GIF
Happy Gilmore. A 1996 movie about golf or golfers or would be such type folk. I have seen it - but not within living memory, in fact, within almost zero memory. Now, if I spent my weekends, or weekdays which are now like weekends, filling in my day with 18 holes worth of slices, miss-hits, quadruple bogeys, 'missed the hole by THAT much' putts repeated ad nauseum and the camaraderie of more proficient golfing mates who left me in their wake, I might have recognised the significance of the name 'McGavin'. I note that you did try to help me out by posting an earlier screen shot.

*Last time I played was at Elsternwick golf course (must be long time ago, because years have passed since a golf course was there), where I managed to quickly clear the Saturday morning crowd waiting for me to tee off by totally missing my first two swipes. The third shot connected but the ball took off at right angles from the club, vindicating the decision of those sensible folk who had chosen to allow me all the space I might have needed after watching my first efforts. One of my shots was played from the road, and I walked the second hole to create a distance between myself and the golfers behind. Never again.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back