VFL Pies v bullants

Remove this Banner Ad

Steene showing a bit as a forward, think he's better off being developed as a forward/2nd ruck rather than as a 1st ruck
He’s everything we wanted Begg to be when he was drafted.

He better figure it out soon.

It’s funny isn’t it. Remember a lot of us (myself included) were having similar thoughts when Darcy Moore took himself off one game when he thought he’d done a hammy but actually hadn’t, after he’d done a few previously. He could barely get through a game either for a while.

Let’s hope Kreuger has a similar path

It’s funny isn’t it. Remember a lot of us (myself included) were having similar thoughts when Darcy Moore took himself off one game when he thought he’d done a hammy but actually hadn’t, after he’d done a few previously. He could barely get through a game either for a while.

Send him to where Moore went

Yep, lots of people panicking and Kreuger isn’t even injured as far as we know.

Adam Treloar literally spit the dummy ( mouth guard anyway) just two nights ago when he thought he’d done a serious hammy. Was back on the ground ten minutes later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the score currently for anyone watching? Also how did Macrae play?
It’s over mate. We won 64-115. Macrae played well, 25 disposals and 4 tackles. Not sure on how many clearances.

Thanks for your insightful contribution - I wasn’t aware Beggs entire future depended on todays game.
Cheers for the heads up!
Well to be fair, you act like his entire career thus far should be based off one AFL game… 🤷🏻

Fin Macrae impressed on Sunday to put his hand up for a recall to the senior side in place of Jordan De Goey, who is facing a lengthy suspension.

Macrae had 25 touches, six marks and four clearances in Collingwood's 51-point win over the North Bullants to be the leading ball-winner for the Pies.

Trent Bianco (24 disposals), Trey Ruscoe (23) and Will Kelly (22) also had plenty of the ball, while Josh Carmichaeland Jakob Ryan (both 19) were also heavily involved
Ruckman Nathan Kreuger kicked three goals up forward while Reef McInnesbagged two, although it was Tom Wilsonand Sam Glover (four goals each) who led the scoring.

Aiden Begg did some good things in the ruck with 13 hitouts, nine tackles and nine disposals

But writing him off prematurely is acceptable - LOL
He’s been on the list for 2 years now and has shown almost nothing for the majority of that time. If he had some sort of point of difference or showed AFL traits then yeah, it might be premature to write him off, but he’s shown absolutely nothing to suggest that he might make it. He’s not particularly fast, he’s putrid in the air, barely competitive in the ruck, and undersized for the role. Steene is literally everything Begg should be as a forward/ruck prospect and he’s doing it in his first 6 months at the club.

So no, I’m not writing him off prematurely, I just don’t want us wasting a spot on the list hoping that Begg will magically transform in to something he’s not when we already have a far superior young prospect who’s overtaken him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back