Sheeds

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Everton
Im sure many people here have been keeping up to date with their public dramas. Here is something I came across that I found pretty interesting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.wrestlingexposed.com/headlines/7399.shtml

Major News: Edge Involved With Lita; Full Breakup Details
Written by Paul Banker on March 05, 2005 at 14:10:45

This past week Matt Hardy confirmed on his personal website's messageboard that he has in fact broken up with Amy Dumas (Lita) and that reports are true that Lita has been cheating on him. What wasn't posted on Matt's site is that the person Lita was cheating on him with is actually a close friend of Matt's and a fellow WWE superstar. That superstar is EDGE. We have confirmation that Edge, who himself was recently married, has been having an affair on the road with Lita and that it was Edge's wife that contacted Matt Hardy directly about the situation.

Insider sources tell us that WWE management is extremely angry at Edge over what they consider the height of improper conduct among their employees. Edge and Matt Hardy have been close friends for several years, as both The Hardy Boyz and Edge & Christian broke into the company together and made eachothers' careers during their series of high-risk stipulation matches (inclding the innovative TLC matches) over the WWE Tag Team Championships. There is a feeling backstage that Edge's behavior with Lita is a politically crippling move that has the potential to seriously threaten his career.

Matt Hardy is currently on the sidelines with an injury but will be returning to the road on March 19th. With both Matt and Edge currently on the RAW roster, things should get pretty interesting backstage.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps a feud between the two when Matt returns would make for some fairly interesting tv viewing. ;)

Cleavy said:
I don't think it's right to exploit a person's personal life in the hope of making money from it, esp in this instance. Send Matt Hardy V1 back to SD. Otherwise things could get out of hand.
Sort of like Benoit/Sullivan.

Send either Edge or Hardy to Smackdown. Rather Hardy he ain't got much going for him on Raw he could go for the cruiser title on Smackdown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cleavy said:
He's above being a cruiserweight (even though he's a former Cruiserweight champ), he's more US Title material, imho.

Maybe both, contender in both, far off, way far off from WWE title.

The Scarecrow said:
As much as this is a bad thing to have happen, comments like those shouldn't be said.

Scarecrow should be a moderator for the WWE board.

badassbillygunn3 said:
Send either Edge or Hardy to Smackdown. Rather Hardy he ain't got much going for him on Raw he could go for the cruiser title on Smackdown.
I believe the WWE will try and work something out here, I am sure both are professional enough to be able to work through this and not let their personal life get in the way of their work.

But it would be wise that neither man have contact with each other until this issue is resolved.

Poor Matt. He gave up his push on Smackdown and jumped to RAW for Lita, so getting this in return is pretty low.

RooBunny said:
I hope to God (or another deity!) that WWE don't exploit this as an angle on the show. Personal lives are that and I don't think Matt Hardy deserves this to be played out on screen.

They won't make it so lita slept with edge but they could still do a lita cheating storyline.

JDC! said:
They won't make it so lita slept with edge but they could still do a lita cheating storyline.

I don't think that's a good idea for 2 reasons

a) Matt Hardy's been cheated on for real by her, I think it would be insensitive and cruel to make it public

b) It wouldn't make sense that she cheated on Matt after the Kane storyline - are she and Matt even together on TV anymore?

And what is happening with Lita in terms of her injury, I assume she won't be on tv for quite awhile?

Well this situation has just emphasised to a degree the rumours that were surrounding Lita from her days in the Indy Feds before joining the WWE.

You would expect more information to come out about both situations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back