Noosa's Bar & Grill

Remove this Banner Ad

how-to-build-a-tiki-bar-step-9.jpg

I reckon we need a thread where we can just shoot the breeze.

Sure, footy related would be good, but you know, banter. Like we're sitting a bar.

'How was your day?' 'Nasty looking rash you've got there.'

So in honour of our soon-to-be-departed mod, Noosa, who's an expert on bars and that sort of thing, we thought we'd name it in his honour.

Pull up a seat, crack a JD (because that's all we serve here) and have a chat.

I'll start: come here often?

I come here to kill off brain cells.
I have to try and trust the few I have left to ahh what twas I going to say oh that’s right went for a drive the other day.........................................................................................................where were we doesn't matter gotta go piss

Has Noos been serving JoondalupJ the moonshine on the side?

He seems very angry.

Probably. Brewed it in the bathtub (while grandma was still in it).

We've got a lot of newbies in the place of late. Many of them aren't wielding a blow torch, which is nice.

Pull up a chair guys, say hi.

TAITA, what do you think about an opinion thread every Tuesday or something? A roster of people who want to write their opinion on something to do with footy, then the thread discusses it. Lord Mud put an idea forward a while back - might be interesting.

Probably. Brewed it in the bathtub (while grandma was still in it).

We've got a lot of newbies in the place of late. Many of them aren't wielding a blow torch, which is nice.

Pull up a chair guys, say hi.

TAITA, what do you think about an opinion thread every Tuesday or something? A roster of people who want to write their opinion on something to do with footy, then the thread discusses it. Lord Mud put an idea forward a while back - might be interesting.

I think it's a great idea myself - I find, we as a board, seem to be very reactive to current events, be they positive or negative, but something that addresses the 'Big Picture' of various issues would be a terrific initiative.

A poster PMed me after last season lamenting how the standard of AFL football had dropped in pretty much every single area apart from crowds and television audiences (the really important KPI) and asked whether I'd be interested in articulating into words his thoughts (I haven't forgotten TH) - somehow I haven't got around to it yet.

Set it up Grizz - and i can't think of a better example than what my friend was suggesting for a starting topic - I'd much rather go and watch my local side or Box Hill play footy than the AFL for a spectacle.

You got it. I'll touch base with Lord Mud and we'll set it up.

How does a Tuesday sound?

Wednesday would be better.

Fri/Sat/Sun - Match.
Mon - MRP.
Tues - Lingering disbelief at either how damn good or how damn bad we are.
Wednesday - Like Wednesday Tattslotto - in the middle of Lucky Sevens & Powerball.
Thursday - Selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, heres a fresh jug!

Where's Mojo gone? I've got his shandy...

he's not around much anymore. Popped up yesterday with a typical one word post!

How's everything GM?

Grizz, what a wonderful idea for a thread - a place where we can chew the fat, relax and simply enjoy our Hawks.

Finally a spot where I can spread the bad news. Remember the massive storm in Perth 6 weeks ago - my beloved Black SS Commodore that proudly wore the plates displayed in my avatar was destroyed and towed away. Since then the plates of my beloved car have been sitting in my garage waiting to be placed on a new car (which has been a long and slow process as the policy was new for old).

The new car has been approved, should arrive in the yard today and hopefully the plates will return to the road early next week on another Black SS Commodore.

Lets hope the same fate occurs with the Hawks this weekend and there season returns to the correct tracks.

It was meant to be Gary's shout, but it's not pension week so I've got this one Shotta.

"Here you go, a Tia Maria with coke like you requested"

"Nah Thanks mate, I don't want a sip, I'll stick with my beer"

"So what's the go with Rusty Hawk? Did he end up talking to that sheila at the HFC....you know, the one that is easy on the eye! Rusty won't shup up about her"

Who's shout?

I got the last one!!!!

I think I prob should get it...I helped out the old man of one of my best mates with a property development issue. I said I didn't want anything for it but I get an envelope last weekend with $1,600 of vouchers to Dan Murphys!!!!! One ready made wine cellar!!!!! Am that excited it is a joke.

Order whatever you want and I will get the tab.

Hey Grizz - i havent had a drink in almost 20 years as my last one was on my bucks night and after that I spent 3 nights in hospital. Question, if I have a cyber drink will the cyber hangover the next day be as bad as a real life one. :D

Hey mate. No probs. History has been wiped!

You reckon we'll get up this weekend?

Of course we will. The turnaround starts at 7.40pm Saturday at the G. Edit, Make that 7.10pm at the G. Just checked the starting time, don;t want any slow starts!!!!!!

Bring it on, I have been looking forward to this game since the end of last year. Me and a couple of the boys are heading over, to be followed by plenty of lagers/bourbons, perhaps at Noosa's Bar & Grill..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back