Is Grant Our Jack Watts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Everyone
We all know about how Grant needs to improve in some areas of being in the forward line, and we showed signs of him playing in the back against Freo in Round 24.

Now my questions is that show we do a "Jack Watts" and move Grant to the back line to improve his game.
Since playing in the back line seems to make forwards a lot smarter at attacking the footy since they are more focus on getting the ball make his smarter at attacking at the footy since playing in the back line and with playing in the back line, he would be able to focus himself a lot more instead of putting pressure on himself with how he should kick the ball etc.

What are your thoughts? and are there any other players you think should be moved around.

Hey Everyone
We all know about how Grant needs to improve in some areas of being in the forward line, and we showed signs of him playing in the back against Freo in Round 24.

Now my questions is that show we do a "Jack Watts" and move Grant to the back line to improve his game.
Since playing in the back line seems to make forwards a lot smarter at attacking the footy since they are more focus on getting the ball make his smarter at attacking at the footy since playing in the back line and with playing in the back line, he would be able to focus himself a lot more instead of putting pressure on himself with how he should kick the ball etc.

What are your thoughts? and are there any other players you think should be moved around.
Could be a good move. With his pace and marking ability, I could see him rebounding from the backline pretty well.

A temporary move could do him the world of good.

Hey Everyone

Not a bad idea mate. Chris Grant nearly won a brownlow the year he played at CHB, even though the two Grants are worlds apart on a skill scale, could be a good move, I guess the new regime will get the best out of him!

Would not be a bad idea for him to play in the backline to improve himself as a player. I think Grant has a lot of potential along with Liam Jones. Grant fell down a lot in the big games when we were in the final series. I think he needs a good break out game for him to be really noticed. Do you think he needs a bit more muscle on him to be more of an influence?

Would not be a bad idea for him to play in the backline to improve himself as a player. I think Grant has a lot of potential along with Liam Jones. Grant fell down a lot in the big games when we were in the final series. I think he needs a good break out game for him to be really noticed. Do you think he needs a bit more muscle on him to be more of an influence?
Yeah, i think he does needs more muscle, so that he is more conference in himself to crash packs and break tackles
it's a mental battle he is facing atm

Did he not kick 6 against Essendon late in 2010? I think we were all hoping that may have been his breakout game.

Did he not kick 6 against Essendon late in 2010? I think we were all hoping that may have been his breakout game.

Yes your quite right. I remember now that 6 goals he kicked. What were some other games where he was really good. Do you think he has been consistent?

Sure did. Tore us a new one that day. Knights didn't last 24 hours after that .

Really thought he would kick on this year. Has plenty of talent, but seems lazy IMO. A move to the back line might do him good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree he should be moved - to FF.

Agreed, he is a natural forward and is the most capable on our list of being the answer to our post Hall full forward issues.

Its simple with Grant, he either A) Increases his work rate and intensity which combined with the large amount of ability he does possess leads to him becoming a very good forward for many years to come.
Or B) he continues to not work hard enough, doesn't get the most out of his ability and is playing for Greenvale in 4 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back