Über

Remove this Banner Ad

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Recently began using this as most of my friends have been using it. What an amazing service they provide, clean cars with much friendlier drivers than most of the cabbies in melbourne. I managed to get an uber from the city to my house for a third of the price of a normal cab taking the fastest route too.

Has anyone had any issues with uber? Its just the competition the industry needed.

First trip lat night. Trip was 2/3 of the price of those dodgy swan taxi rip off campaigners.

Ordered using the app, literally turned up in 3 minutes. I nice, clean car, really nice driver, no stuffing around with payment at the end and watching them add surcharge after surcharge. And I got $25 off the fare!!!

Where has it been all my life.

Waiting now for the government to come in and f*** the service up the arse - just a matter of time.

First trip lat night. Trip was 2/3 of the price of those dodgy swan taxi rip off campaigners.

Ordered using the app, literally turned up in 3 minutes. I nice, clean car, really nice driver, no stuffing around with payment at the end and watching them add surcharge after surcharge. And I got $25 off the fare!!!

Where has it been all my life.

Waiting now for the government to come in and f*** the service up the arse - just a matter of time.
All it will take is one unscrupulous driver to do something unsavoury.

Wasn't there a Uber incident in Sydney not that long ago, or am I getting confused?

Have never had any problem whatsoever with taxis in Adelaide. Never struggled to find one on the closest main road near my house (to the city) or in the city (going home), never been refused service, never met a bad driver or felt unsafe, never been in an unclean cab. The cab trips I take (home to city, city to home) appear to be just as expensive via Uber (according to the website), so I don't really see the point.

Have never had any problem whatsoever with taxis in Adelaide. Never struggled to find one on the closest main road near my house (to the city) or in the city (going home), never been refused service, never met a bad driver or felt unsafe, never been in an unclean cab. The cab trips I take (home to city, city to home) appear to be just as expensive via Uber (according to the website), so I don't really see the point.

Wow.

Come try Perth taxis

Wow.

Come try Perth taxis

I'd rather not try Perth in general TBH. Just seems like an isolated, insular city filled with infinitely more dickheads (not yourself, just a general statement) at infinitely higher prices.

It's cheaper, faster, cleaner and friendlier. Even if you ignore most of that it costs much less than a taxi so there you go, that's a pretty good point.

It's cheaper, faster, cleaner and friendlier. Even if you ignore most of that it costs much less than a taxi so there you go, that's a pretty good point.

The issues you're presenting simply aren't there in my experience with cabs. As I also said, I've checked pricing on the Uber website for the exact journeys I would take in a cab, and it's not any cheaper for those journeys than a cab is. In fact, it's actually around $5 more expensive.

The issues you're presenting simply aren't there in my experience with cabs. As I also said, I've checked pricing on the Uber website for the exact journeys I would take in a cab, and it's not any cheaper for those journeys than a cab is. In fact, it's actually around $5 more expensive.
Fair enough, I don't know why they would go with a worse price model than they have in Sydney and Melbourne but I haven't used it in Adelaide.

Have only used it once. Was okay, pricing I have no idea about as it was all paid for beforehand by someone I know, and drinks were allowed in the cab.

I don't really get the friendlier comments people make about Uber though. I've had my fair share of good taxi drivers, and a couple of bad ones. Most though are fine to get along with, and get me to the destination via a good route.

the best thing i like about uber i think is the fixed price. always gets me the flag fall and other added charges cabbies put in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

all of my experiences with Uber have been bad

I don't use it, some of my friends do.

First time we got ordered one, put in the address, waited for it, then while we were waiting a friend wanted to come who lived close by so we said we would come and get him. Got in the Uber and he wouldn't take us via the detour because it wasn't what we originally booked. I understand why they cant (because price is already determined), but its such an impracticality and annoyance that you cant really change the route

Another time we ordered one and the driver couldn't find us, took several phone calls and as we waited 10 cabs would've drove past but we couldn't jump in one unless we wanted to pay twice

I'd rather not try Perth in general TBH. Just seems like an isolated, insular city filled with infinitely more dickheads (not yourself, just a general statement) at infinitely higher prices.

Um, you live in Adelaide yeah?

How am I "going mad"? Just simply mentioning that based on my experiece as a passenger in cabs, and my travel requirements, I don't think Uber as great as others seem to.

Hey I saw you on the news

6410262-3x2-700x467.jpg

I reckon some people just like not having an Indian driver.

Not me though.

huh?

Nearly all the drivers I've had are Indian.

I got one on Saturday night who was Asian. He had water and mints in the car which he offered to us. Also asked if I wanted to plug my phone into his AUX cord. Took about 2 minutes to come once we booked it.

huh?

Nearly all the drivers I've had are Indian.

I got one on Saturday night who was Asian. He had water and mints in the car which he offered to us. Also asked if I wanted to plug my phone into his AUX cord. Took about 2 minutes to come once we booked it.
Last one I took gave us the water and had a bluetooth setup to stream a spotify playlist. I honestly can't understand why anyone would ever take a taxi again. (In Melbourne I guess that is)

Last one I took gave us the water and had a bluetooth setup to stream a spotify playlist. I honestly can't understand why anyone would ever take a taxi again. (In Melbourne I guess that is)

Yeah, like sure not all taxi drivers are bad - I actually got one home the same night - and he was a nice bloke.

Uber is just a lot more convenient.

• Comes really quick.
  • App is a lot cleaner and quicker than the 13 Cabs one.
  • If it can't find you, they call you. They don't drive off.
  • Often they let you play what music you want.
  • They aren't talking away on their phone the whole time of your trip.
  • Often they are more polite as they need to maintain a 4/5 star rating if they wish to keep driving for Uber.

Also the surge pricing thing, they always tell you before you book it.

Never heard any of my mates speaking bad about it, either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back