🌀 ‼️ ‼️ Tropical Cyclone Jasper 🌀 ⚠️ ⚠️ ⛔️

Remove this Banner Ad

🌀Tropical Cyclone Jasper Warning 🌀‼️

For those living in Tropical QLD be alert, not alarmed and stay updated.

TC Jasper is expected to make landfall on Wednesday near Cairns.

Secure your belongings, organise a couple of days food supplies and seek shelter from flying debris and flash flooding.

If you know anyone in the area, a good time to check in and ensure that they are preparing.

Expected to hit as a Category 2 cyclone but it could easily change path or intensify. So be mindful and be safe.

Still sounding like Cairns & Port Douglas will be hit worst.

Spread the word to anyone you know up there. Especially if they’ve never experienced a cyclone before.

Still sounding like Cairns & Port Douglas will be hit worst.

Spread the word to anyone you know up there. Especially if they’ve never experienced a cyclone before.
Well that's my workmate born and bred in Victoria.

IIRC they are not on the coast- they are staying at an Air Bnb more inland. Is that a bit safer, idk.

Well that's my workmate born and bred in Victoria.

IIRC they are not on the coast- they are staying at an Air Bnb more inland. Is that a bit safer, idk.
Probably depends on how far inland. Within 100km and I’d be treating it like they are coastal.

Cyclones normally weaken as they move inland.

Having said that, they are unpredictable Mother Nature’s phenomena.

Probably depends on how far inland. Within 100km and I’d be treating it like they are coastal.

Cyclones normally weaken as they move inland.

Having said that, they are unpredictable Mother Nature’s phenomena.
Well I was completely mistaken they are on the coast.

IIRC there were family they were going to visit that live more inland.

They are at Palm Cove
They could cop the brunt of it,that's 25ks north of Cairns.
Just had a look at US navy site,they're calling the eye crossing the coast 120ks north of Cairns with sustained winds of 110ks and gusts up to 140ks.
Bad news for Palm Cove is the bit that goes over them will be the meanest part of the cyclone.

At least it will be in the daytime,way more scary at night,the noise.

They could cop the brunt of it,that's 25ks north of Cairns.
Just had a look at US navy site,they're calling the eye crossing the coast 120ks north of Cairns with sustained winds of 110ks and gusts up to 140ks.
Bad news for Palm Cove is the bit that goes over them will be the meanest part of the cyclone.

At least it will be in the daytime,way more scary at night,the noise.
Yep I'm a little worried. But it was their choice to proceed with the holiday, they flew up Saturday knowing full well this was coming. She's due back at work Friday, we'll see if that happens. I'll text her maybe tomorrow night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I'm a little worried. But it was their choice to proceed with the holiday, they flew up Saturday knowing full well this was coming. She's due back at work Friday, we'll see if that happens. I'll text her maybe tomorrow night.
Adventure holidays in FNQ,your friends will have some good memories.
Sit back and enjoy the show,they'll be fine.

They couldn't think of a better name ....really .
They get named in alphabetical order,up to J now,the next one will start with a K and will be a female name and the one after that will start with L and be a male name.
Jasper identifies as a male at the moment.

They get named in alphabetical order,up to J now,the next one will start with a K and will be a female name and the one after that will start with L and be a male name.
Jasper identifies as a male at the moment.

Hurricane Karen 🤣

Wait for Cyclone Rocker ...that's going to be next level.

patrick swayze GIF
GIF by hero0fwar
keanu reeves GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre
Good Morning Ocean GIF by The3Flamingos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back