Review #1: Chris Newman Observatory - Will Retire End of Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Should not play again at AFL level.

Should go out with whatever dignity is left and retire in the next few weeks or apply his "leadership" skills in the 2's and mentor the kids coming through. Will be rushed back in when fit like he's some sort of vital cog.
That's because he is the only one that knows " the Richmond way "

Wasn't selected so must be . Definately is injured , you might want to watch the footage from the cocktail night on roar vision and watch our leadership group in action .

What a pack of super stars

Last edited:
The younger players come in. Barely touch they ball, so they go back out. Simple.
Those younger blokes come in and we have our first convincing win in god knows how long. With limited game time they all made a contribution.

I see blokes like Batchelor and Morris hardly touch it, Hunt stinks it up for the 3rd 4th 5th week in a row? But thats okay lets knife the kids.
Its okay to give them favorites 100 chances. If its a kid it is off to purgatory for them.
Have we not learnt a thing.

Those younger blokes come in and we have our first convincing win in god knows how long. With limited game time they all made a contribution.

I see blokes like Batchelor and Morris hardly touch it, Hunt stinks it up for the 3rd 4th 5th week in a row? But thats okay lets knife the kids.
Its okay to give them favorites 100 chances. If its a kid it is off to purgatory for them.
Have we not learnt a thing.
It's become the Aussie cricket team under Hilditch and Ponting . They dropped more cups than in my kitchen cupboard and I have heaps

If you watch the footage and see Chappys interviews you'll get a red hot look at our leadership group and their unique skill set . Fml
Leadershit Group, amirite?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you watched it ?
Yes and I still don't understand your reaction, what has leadership got to do with a bit of humour. Perhaps some don't enjoy going, anything wrong with that, there are all sorts of personalities playing football. I know plenty of people in occupations that have to attend regular meetings/functions that don't enjoy that side of their job. Many laugh and joke about having to attend but they still go and they are not even regularly given alcohol induced advice. Are these players supposed to be different to us, perhaps humour is how they cope.

Yes and I still don't understand your reaction, what has leadership got to do with a bit of humour. Perhaps some don't enjoy going, anything wrong with that, there are all sorts of personalities playing football. I know plenty of people in occupations that have to attend regular meetings/functions that don't enjoy that side of their job. Many laugh and joke about having to attend but they still go and they are not even regularly given alcohol induced advice. Are these players supposed to be different to us, perhaps humour is how they cope.
If we've created a culture out of taking the piss out of our most fanatical supporters then we've created a crap culture . Yes we've all been to functions in our work life we don't want to go to but we don't create puff pieces of us taking the piss out of our clients.

This is a joke and 80% of it shouldn't of got past the cutting room floor. Our media manager is un professional to let that crap hit our website .

I wonder if taking the piss out of our supporters is one of the " certain set of values" that combined together equals " The Richmond Way " Hardwick always craps on about

If we've created a culture out of taking the piss out of our most fanatical supporters then we've created a crap culture . Yes we've all been to functions in our work life we don't want to go to but we don't create puff pieces of us taking the piss out of our clients.

This is a joke and 80% of it shouldn't of got past the cutting room floor. Our media manager is un professional to let that crap hit our website .

I wonder if taking the piss out of our supporters is one of the " certain set of values" that combined together equals " The Richmond Way " Hardwick always craps on about
I have been following your post for years, somehow I think you are down on most things Richmond and maybe just a really unhappy man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back