Kicks: 13​
Handballs: 6​
Disposals: 19​
Contested Possessions: 5​
Goals: 2​
Tackles: 4​
DT: 110​
CGTCN Ranking: A

Notes: I had been recommending people get on Newy for superboot and the week I don't, he bags two like a champ. Typical Newman style. I haven't seen the replay of the game as I type this, so I can't be 100% sure but his pressure was good and he looked quicker than weeks gone by. I think he's starting to hit his straps fitness wise and a good win by the team will make someone like Newy look better.

Crowd went ballistic when he kicked the long one from fifty. Didn't have an opportunity to log into @CGTCN to make mention, but my 3G wasn't working at AAMI.

BF Criticism Level: Low again this week. People even gave a couple of votes to the great man!

Hair watch: Normal. He's settling into a bit of consistency but I don't think plane flights do him any good.

Round 9 (vs Essendon)
Kicks: 20​
Handballs: 7​
Disposals: 27​
Marks: 5​
Contested Possessions: 11​
Tackles: 3​
DT: 103​
CGTCN Ranking: A+

Notes: Brilliant game by Newy. In the top 3 Richmond players on the day for sure. Marked well, kicked extremely well and won the majority of one on one contests on a night where Richmond weren't great. Played more on the half back time and unfortunately for Richmond, the ball was down there a fair bit. Along with Chaplin and Rance, Newy held the backline together.

BF Criticism Level: Low. Very low, in fact as people have now included him in the votes. No calls for him to retire and I even read someone say he should still be captain.

This is what I hate about supporters. They'll jump off and jump on when it suits them.Newy provides more than meets the eye most weeks.

Time to get around him. Time to take notice. Newy is starting to deliver some of his best footy yet again.

Hair watch: Would like him to maybe change it up in the West this week. Just a slight difference with perhaps a bit of a wet look approach. Not sure which direction, to be honest, but just something to surprise us going into the bye would be beneficial.

Round 10 (vs West Coast)
Kicks: 7​
Handballs: 4​
Disposals: 11​
Marks: 3​
Contested Possessions: 4​
Tackles: 5​
DT: 70​
CGTCN Ranking: B+

Notes: Another solid game from Newy. Even though he only had the 11 touches, they were more damaging than earlier in the season. Also bagged 2 goals giving him 5 for the year. If he can snag a few more before the season is over and get it up to 12 or so, that would be an excellent result.

BF Criticism Level: Low.

Contract extended for a further year which will see him play in 2014.

Whether or not I will report on Newy in '14 is debatable. I'm still in talks with the club.... well my manager is anyway.

1167382_10151844331123276_1602941701_o.jpg

Players day off.

:rainbow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back