11.30 pm Monday November 9 - 1995 semi final on Fox Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

The scarf waving to take the piss out of Essendon in the dying minutes is also etched in my memory. Unfortunately Geelong fans did the same to us the following week but lets not talk about that game

I remember growing up in Essendon and had seats right next to the Essendon cheer squad in the Ponsford stand. Most of the campaigners in the cheer squad were from my year in high school. Like most of my school days I coped it sweet for being a Tiger in the 1st half. But boy did I have fun in the 2nd half and the following week leading up to the Prelim. It was so loud that day. The stands shook and the Bombers melts were so glorious. Matt Rogers kicked a couple in the last quarter to seal that win. One of my fav days at the footy.

The scarf waving to take the piss out of Essendon in the dying minutes is also etched in my memory. Unfortunately Geelong fans did the same to us the following week but lets not talk about that game
Bad memories out at that cold sh!t hole of a place. Talk about ecstasy to agony within a week.
Probably my worse day at the football until the 2013 elim final.

Some of the best commentary you will ever hear in this game, I cant ******* wait for it

Some of what comes to mind

Daffy running inside 50 "If he gets one here, Have a listen to this, HAVE A LISTEN TO THIS!" Sandy roberts

Knights "Takes O'connor on, can he squeeze home another, lets go its close hes got it, SENSATIONAL!" Bruce

Naish Goal "They werent looking the tigers, they gave it up, Hip and shoulder was okay, Naish hes a great finisher, he'll surely kick a goal, HE HAS! They're BACK!" Bruce

Last edited:
Let's all hope we soon have some other finals memories in addition to his .....20 years on we have not had anything to surpass this game !!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the best commentary you will ever hear in this game, I cant ******* wait for it

Some of what comes to mind

Daffy running inside 50 "If he gets one here, Have a listen to this, HAVE A LISTEN TO THIS!" Sandy roberts

Knights "Takes O'connor on, can he squeeze home another, lets go its close hes got it, SENSATIONAL!" Bruce

Naish Goal "They werent looking the tigers, they gave it up, Hip and shoulder was okay, Naish hes a great finisher, he'll surely kick a goal, HE HAS! They're BACK!" Bruce

that naish goal commentary by bruce is probably my favourite line of commentary ever, on a par with the drawn game with the bombers in the same year, "bang it home stuey" by Bruce as well.

The other commentator was ian robinson not sandy though, he was terrible.

Watching the Tiger army go ****ing crazy after that never fails to bring a tear to my eye. We need to see this alot more in finals.
I was in the top deck going off my trolley surrounded by essendon people who i went with, didn't give a flying * about their feelings in the second half after they were cocky as hell at half time.

I was in the top deck going off my trolley surrounded by essendon people who i went with, didn't give a flying **** about their feelings in the second half after they were cocky as hell at half time.
yep same, i was in the olympic stand 2nd level and was going beserk. remember heading to the old circuit sports bar in fitzroy, they played tigerland a few times that night, was a massive day/night.

yep same, i was in the olympic stand 2nd level and was going beserk. remember heading to the old circuit sports bar in fitzroy, they played tigerland a few times that night, was a massive day/night.
That game and the Sheedy/Cheat farewell is the reason why so many druggies hate Richmond. If you watch the game in full you'll notice Lloyd was up to his diving antics even at 17 years of age, Greg Dear should've done the job properly.

I'd broken my leg the week before playing local footy and a good mate drove me to the game. Sat in the MCC. Ever tried going off your nut on one leg?? Repeatedly?? Not easy!! Crutches going all over the place. Was knackered by the time we got back to Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back