Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Why does he always look exhausted even in first quarter?

Hands on hips, sweating up and looking totally like he's unsuited to the level let alone Captain......

It's bizarre.

Am I on my own in being glad LMac didn’t get a heap of the ball? I thought a huge amount of our halfback line woes from last year were because he’d regularly rack up 25+ touches from back there. If he can blanket a player there is a role for him - he has no business kicking out of def 50 or into attacking 50 though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hands on hips, sweating up and looking totally like he's unsuited to the level let alone Captain......

It's bizarre.
Coz laces are hard work? :cool:

The difference is stunning now that we have people who look pretty much every time to take the inside kick - they all at least take a look inside - it shows how bad it has been.
Sheez, Fisher,mckercher, duursma, powell, ldu even george w all look inboard and take some shots. Mostly hit them and it will get better over time.
Also how good to have duursma as a shorter lead up bail out who looks like he will never drop one. Amazing hands.
It is much harder to defend us using more exit options rather than going back slowly and bombing it where everyone in the stadium knows its going- eg every kick lmac has ever done.
And often not even to our advantage and to targets like goldstein, xerri and larkey - none of whom are great pack marks. Its just so dumb.
I think in q4, He kicked a bomb to curtis at chf and with freo 3 on 1 - we got super lucky with a pc free. Was Such a dumb, dumb option.
And shows that lmac doesnt learn or follow instruction. There is clearly instruction to take the inside kick at hb. And the kids follow.
The number of lmac bombs that kill momentum and come straight back over the years …
He should never call for a run past HB or a 10m sideways kick ever again. But then he will only get 6 stats a week if that happens, so we know what he will do. For at least the next 3 years …..

It's bizarre.
We are playing underdone players thinking that getting them to stink up our senior list and churning out some putrid losses will get them fit. Madness.

He and Corr should have had a month in the vfl.

silly talk
They have tall marking forwards all bigger than our backs
Their small fwds carved up Sheez Colby fisher Scott Tucker basically whoever was down back
Why you fixate on Lmac is verging on the moronic
Corr had 12 1% he was trying

silly talk
They have tall marking forwards all bigger than our backs
Their small fwds carved up Sheez Colby fisher Scott Tucker basically whoever was down back
Why you fixate on Lmac is verging on the moronic
Corr had 12 1% he was trying
Because he is our captain. I haven’t done a comparison but I would say every other Captain playing this weekend would get more than 41 SC points would be the lowest in the league. 9 disposals. CCJ (who everyone is (rightfully) laying into got 37.

The eyeball test and the stats unfortunately aren’t lying with this one. He was a ghost. We should expect better. And if you aren’t fit enough to play, don’t put your hand up to play.

Because he is our captain. I haven’t done a comparison but I would say every other Captain playing this weekend would get more than 41 SC points would be the lowest in the league. 9 disposals. CCJ (who everyone is (rightfully) laying into got 37.

The eyeball test and the stats unfortunately aren’t lying with this one. He was a ghost. We should expect better. And if you aren’t fit enough to play, don’t put your hand up to play.
Freo's captain had 33 points and 8 disposals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back