Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrelevant.

He should not be Captain is my point not just based off one game

Agreed. But you said his recruitment and contract were a debacle.

You said he’s barely a vfl standard player.

Yet he played afl yesterday on freos second all time highest goal kicker and kept him to 1.1.

Your argument seems to change.

I have seats close to the boundary on the half forward flank. And I got to see LMac closely. He is very vocal telling players up the field where to set up. But that's it. He does not have the ability to go to another level, when the team needs it. He doesn't do anything inspirational for the team. He is like a flat line on a graph. I don't see him being there, long term. He is lucky Goater went down, or he would be playing VFL.

Clarko is a dickhead for picking him.
One of the major problems is the coaching staff has given the players the nod to appoint the Captain.
Can only hope and think that people on North Bigfooty will agree with this Sheezel should be the new Captain starting in 2025.
As for Simpkin unless the AFL change the rules with the Sub rule and get rid of the Sub rule an add an extra player on the bench I can see him been that type of player that plays on and off the bench in good 10 to 15 minutes spurts each quarter after all his gone thru Hell with his body being belted around and the concussions.
As for McDonald well can’t add anything more that has already said by others still and I stand by his been done for 2 years and the AFL has surpassed him and even will say even say the VFL within the next couple with surpass him as well.
Need our next Captain Harry to lead us with his Merry man Wardlaw,McKercher,Dursurma,
Hardenham,Dawson,Goad and others to take the NMFC to the Premiership.

One of the major problems is the coaching staff has given the players the nod to appoint the Captain.
Can only hope and think that people on North Bigfooty will agree with this Sheezel should be the new Captain starting in 2025.
As for Simpkin unless the AFL change the rules with the Sub rule and get rid of the Sub rule an add an extra player on the bench I can see him been that type of player that plays on and off the bench in good 10 to 15 minutes spurts each quarter after all his gone thru Hell with his body being belted around and the concussions.
As for McDonald well can’t add anything more that has already said by others still and I stand by his been done for 2 years and the AFL has surpassed him and even will say even say the VFL within the next couple with surpass him as well.
Need our next Captain Harry to lead us with his Merry man Wardlaw,McKercher,Dursurma,
Hardenham,Dawson,Goad and others to take the NMFC to the Premiership.
Yeah, honestly, with all of his ‘experience’ I would have thought McDonald could have done a better job of steadying the ship when things were getting sloppy, shots were going wayward and no one was manning up. Even when going into the half time break.

Shouldn't be playing AFL, shouldn't be captain and shouldn't have been given such a f**cking long contract. So disappointing. Should drop himself

The last few weeks I've noticed Luke hasn't made as many mistakes as in previous years which would normally be a commendation, but I think it's a reflection of him getting a lot less of the ball and being nowhere near the action. I think the addition of Sheezel and now McKercher and Fisher means we don't go through him as much because they're all better users and quicker of hand and foot.

The last few weeks I've noticed Luke hasn't made as many mistakes as in previous years which would normally be a commendation, but I think it's a reflection of him getting a lot less of the ball and being nowhere near the action. I think the addition of Sheezel and now McKercher and Fisher means we don't go through him as much because they're all better users and quicker of hand and foot.
Spot on.

We used to notice him for the wrong reasons and now we don’t notice him at all.

I’m not sure which is worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most fraudulent career ever put on an AFL records sheet.

One outlier year in a year where everyone was underperforming in the bubble season should've been the indicator that this guy cannot deliver when opposition is even halfway competent.

And he's co-captain.

Like how many times should it be repeated that this bloke sucks.

Fair dinkum. He's like Magikarp. He's got one move and it's ineffective. In amongst all the other dreck I waited for him to get the footy and wheel onto the left to dump it long to a contest every single time. Whatever he's on, he's thieving it.

If he cared about the joint he'd drop himself. He couldnt lead a sing-along.

Fair dinkum. He's like Magikarp. He's got one move and it's ineffective. In amongst all the other dreck I waited for him to get the footy and wheel onto the left to dump it long to a contest every single time. Whatever he's on, he's thieving it.

If he cared about the joint he'd drop himself. He couldnt lead a sing-along.
The commentary in the last threw out "What a Warrior he has been for North over his career".

General Custer perhaps.

Ffs typical supporters bashing him no matter what. . Did well in contests today making some good spoils whilst he also didn't turn the ball over like he usually does. Nowhere near our worst and considering our lack of experience is needed down there
Yep, If he played every week like today, he'd be 1st picked in the D

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We measure our captain as being ok this season as he hasn’t done any complete stuff ups

What a club.
We have one captain who wants to kick it 80m and another who can’t kick it 40….

What a club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back