cormick

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 13, 2007
em dub
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burgers, City
In an interview on SEN on Saturday before the match, Gary March, questioned by Dermie on whether or not the club had, as Hawthorn had done four years previous, rated who on the list currently "would be part of the next premiership". At the time they did theirs, the hawks had 15. March said something like "yeah we've done that, and we probably wouldn't have that many. We think we have around 12."

Who are the 12?

For mine: Thursfield
Deledio
Riewoldt
Cotchin
McGuane
Morton
Vickery
Tambling
Foley
Collins

Would this be on the mark for most?
Others include: Polak, Edwards, Polo, Newman, Rance, Putt, Tuck, JON, Pattison, Hislop, Thomson, Hughes, Connors & Graham.

Tambling
Deledio
Cotchin
Collins
Edwards
Foley
Vickery
Jackson
Riewoldt
Morton
Nahas
Thursfield
Question marks over McGuane, Browne/Graham, Polo, Thomson

I know it's hyocritical of me, but I put him as "too old". I put Tuck in because he's proven to be durable. It's in his genetics!

garry march is stupid in saying that

we dont have that bad of a list we just need someone to develop them

personally i reckon more than 12 of our current players will be partof our next premiership

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy into all this "list" rubbish. There are a few exceptions (players you know will or won't make it either way) but a list is only as good as it plays.

Look at the Saints for example; they have a number of players who you wouldn't think are good enough to be in a premiership, but being a champion team is a lot more important than being a team of champions.

And it's very hard to rate individual players when they have been thrown around in positions, playing in a losing side and under incompetent coach(es). Players like Newman, Edwards, Polo, Graham, even Hislop, are capable of playing a role in a winning side. It's just about finding that role for them.

The Pies don't have a very good list IMO. The players by themselves under a different coach would struggle. As a unit under Malthouse, they dominate. It's all about finding a player's role and making sure they stick to it.

I don't buy into all this "list" rubbish. There are a few exceptions (players you know will or won't make it either way) but a list is only as good as it plays.

Look at the Saints for example; they have a number of players who you wouldn't think are good enough to be in a premiership, but being a champion team is a lot more important than being a team of champions.

And it's very hard to rate individual players when they have been thrown around in positions, playing in a losing side and under incompetent coach(es). Players like Newman, Edwards, Polo, Graham, even Hislop, are capable of playing a role in a winning side. It's just about finding that role for them.

The Pies don't have a very good list IMO.
I was with you til here. "Malthouse gets the best out of an average Collingwood list" is one of the most inaccurate cliches in footy. Didak is a brilliant player, so is Davis, so is Shaw, so is Thomas at times. Swan is Brownlow favourite, Cloke is one of the top 10 key forwards in the league, Presti is rarely beaten, Pendlebury is all class, Lockyer has been a good footballer for 10 years. Beams is a young star, as is Nathan Brown. Medhurst can win/turn games and O'Brien, O'Bree and Maxwell are underrated role players.

Anyway, enough about Collingwood. We hate those *****.

How big's your **** bagger fagger?

Thursfield
McGuane
Cotchin
Riewoldt
Deledio
Foley
Newman
Tambling
Polo
Morton

I would add Jackson but after Raines in '06 and Moore last year (although that may be a little harsh)..im wary of one year wonders. So we'll see...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back