crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Our match on the Saturday 12th May is at 1:15pm.

Due to Black Caviar racing they are trying to move our game to 12.40 Saturday.

Thoughts?

Ridiculous to move it to an earlier slot, Saturday afternoon is bad enough for many people and the games at that time draw small crowds anyway!!!!

Who cares about a horse race!! Different audience I would have thought.

I imagine there are some Crows board members who don't want to miss out, why else would the 'club' have made this request? I know Rob Chapman likes a flutter and swear I heard he part owns a horse, probably came from him....

History in the making? Geez I'd love to see her run. She's an absolute phenomenon - a once in a lifetime horse. I'm betting there'll be plenty others want to do the same. 20 odd thousand they got to flemington didn't they? Opened the gates to let everyone in. Smart move to change the game. I'd prefer they didn't as my little blokes birthday party is that day and we've set it to avoid the game.

They want to move the start of a football match for some horse race... :confused:
Maybe they remembered trying to go head to head with Adelaide United last year and coming 2nd on crowd numbers.

Also they would have some idea of how many bet at the tavern and the former Crows Bet site.

Not my favourite time for footy but I will be there if they change it.

History in the making? Geez I'd love to see her run. She's an absolute phenomenon - a once in a lifetime horse. I'm betting there'll be plenty others want to do the same. 20 odd thousand they got to flemington didn't they? Opened the gates to let everyone in. Smart move to change the game. I'd prefer they didn't as my little blokes birthday party is that day and we've set it to avoid the game.

I don't know how I swung it but my girls birthday party weekends tend to bookend the footy season... they just have to keep the GF the last Sat in Sept.

The amount of circle jerking going on in regards to this horse, you'd think it was pegasus.

I am going to run a horse in the race, it is called glue stick.

Football wins out over a horse race in my opinion, sure the ladies love wearing stupid hats and the blokes like to think they're high rollers, but when it comes down to it the only thing approaching a jockey people want to see is Ian Callinan.

The amount of circle jerking going on in regards to this horse, you'd think it was pegasus.

Football wins out over a horse race in my opinion, sure the ladies love wearing stupid hats and the blokes like to think they're high rollers, but when it comes down to it the only thing approaching a jockey people want to see is Ian Callinan.

Laughed out loud at this. Spot on Wright Away :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post of the year!

Good balanced post Jen.

Good balanced post Jen.

Yep considering It's a sell out at 30,000 capacity at Morphettville, I think it's wise to move the game. Nothing can competewith the phenomenon that is Black Caviar. The thinking will go along the lines ' this will likely be the only time I'll see Black Caviar in action and I have a whole season to see the Crows... Black Caviar wins'. Personally I'll be at the Crows...

BTW talking of crowds... Close to capacity at the MCG for Pies v Bombers... We can only dream...

Black Cavier racing does not bother me. 12.40 start is a bit early, but meh I will still go.

I don't understand the fascination with horse racing, or Trots and greyhounds for that matter. As far as I can tell the "industry" only exists because of the betting attached to it. I wonder if you took away the gaming aspect if the actually sport could stand up on its own? To me they are just four legged poker machines.

Don't get me wrong, I love a punt. But the sports I bet on can exist without the betting.

I imagine there are some Crows board members who don't want to miss out, why else would the 'club' have made this request? I know Rob Chapman likes a flutter and swear I heard he part owns a horse, probably came from him....

I love a good conspiracy theory and im not entirely sure if youre serious but can you imagine the backlash if it came out?

I love a good conspiracy theory and im not entirely sure if youre serious but can you imagine the backlash if it came out?

I'm not overly serious. As mentioned above, there does seem to be a fair bit of 'circle jerking' lol, but you have to wonder, has there honestly been enough crows fans contacting the club having a whinge that there is a clash? So much so, that the club has suggested a time change??? To me these things only happen when someone in power wants it to change ie someone (or many) on the board. The club hasn't struck me as the type to listen to the fans much....

Either way I will be there no matter what time the game is, crows > a horse all day every day :)

Maybe we have "asked" the AFL if they will consider a switch but also asked them to say no.

That way the AFC can placate any whingeing members - we tried, the AFL wouldn't budge - and everyone is happy, save for a few horse racing enthusiasts who can be angry at the AFL, not the AFC.

How does moving it to 12.40 help fans get to a horse race at Morphetville at 4pm anyway?

The game will now end at about 3.15pm......if I remember rightly, when I went to home games I would still be looking for my vehicle in Seaton 45 minutes after each game, trying to remember which street we had parked in. Then the drive back to Glenelg would be a lengthy affair because of the traffic.

How does moving it to 12.40 help fans get to a horse race at Morphetville at 4pm anyway?

The game will now end at about 3.15pm......if I remember rightly, when I went to home games I would still be looking for my vehicle in Seaton 45 minutes after each game, trying to remember which street we had parked in. Then the drive back to Glenelg would be a lengthy affair because of the traffic.

Overrated, can be back in the southern suburbs in quick time. Morphettville is closer than that.

Pretty sure I heard that the Crows have asked the SAJC to work with them - Crows will bring forward to game & SAJC postpone the race until 4.30. On the news the other night they also said there will be a shuttle bus from AAMI to Morphettville after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back