Player Watch #15: Dylan Stephens

Remove this Banner Ad

But didn’t you say his job was to run up and down the ground? So the bloke doesn’t know how to execute a role that is to purely run up and down a wing all day?

Stop making excuses for a player that is nothing more than a lazy cat.

Morrison gave him an absolute bath and lesson on gut running and becoming a link in the chain.

Our bloke was jogging 50-100 metres behind him most of the day, so no wonder he can run out a game when he hasn’t exerted any effort.
Morrison is another limited player, like Dyl. And he was playing exactly the role that Dyl should be. I'm not making excuses for him, as I said, he is a potato. But he is a potato who can run all day, why he isn't at the moment I have no idea. I assume that he is playing to instructions because he is still in the team after dishing up this garbage.

He is playing because he can run all day and few others can. Yes, he is unbearably soft. But no softer than say Brandon Ellis, Dyl also has better disposal and is better one on one. This is the role he needs to play, basically just running up and down the wing all game. He doesn't even need to get the ball much as long as he can provide an option when we have the ball and cover a man to block those easy outlet kicks that killed us on the weekend.
I've seen little evidence of this running ability. I'd be willing to excuse the softness (much more than I suspect many others on here would) as it takes all types and the modern game is changing quickly. I just don't see it with this guy at all.

I've seen little evidence of this running ability. I'd be willing to excuse the softness (much more than I suspect many others on here would) as it takes all types and the modern game is changing quickly. I just don't see it with this guy at all.

Agreed.
If he was terrified, lacked any redeemable defensive features BUT got the ball a fair bit, I'd be frustrated but I'd cop it.

This fella is getting 11 touches a game. In modern footy, with a big engine. 11!!

You almost have to try to be where the ball isn't to average 11. ******* horror show.

Agreed.
If he was terrified, lacked any redeemable defensive features BUT got the ball a fair bit, I'd be frustrated but I'd cop it.

This fella is getting 11 touches a game. In modern footy, with a big engine. 11!!

You almost have to try to be where the ball isn't to average 11. ******* horror show.
I think Clarko was hoping for Isaac Smith Lite and instead got the stench that would waft off one of Isaac’s turds.

Don’t want to go too early but I think I have found my first ever whipping boy.
Joining Welcome Home GIF

Don’t want to go too early but I think I have found my first ever whipping boy.
Welcome H2H.

But in all seriousness its hard watching a North player legitimately look and be scared of contact.

Its why the long term contract makes zero sense.

That and we had to move Scott from the wing (a tick) back to half back (a cross) and Stephens takes his place there (another cross).

There is literally zero positives to this guys recruitment.

I've seen him play well for exactly 1 quarter, where he ran and received and hit a few nice kicks. He got 8 possessions that quarter and then spudded it up for another 5 possessions for the rest of the game.

If you are going to link up and provide an outlet, you have to gut run and get separation, not jog up and down a wing hoping nobody comes near you.

If Clarko wants a winger that can run all day and keep his width, we should have given a good ammo 1500m runner a 4 year deal - 5 if he could deliver a tackle or 3.

FMD we are a rabble.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can he be reinvented as a tagger with his elite running skills? We know he cannot play the Wing spot. He is way too soft to play down back. Not sure with 3.75 years to go what we do with him. Are we sure he has not been speaking to Jared Polec on the side and how to avoid the hard balls. Whoever signed off on this contract needs a very big mirror.

Can he be reinvented as a tagger with his elite running skills? We know he cannot play the Wing spot. He is way too soft to play down back. Not sure with 3.75 years to go what we do with him. Are we sure he has not been speaking to Jared Polec on the side and how to avoid the hard balls. Whoever signed off on this contract needs a very big mirror.
Polec looks like Buddha Hocking in comparison to this bloke...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back