AFL Player #16: Archie Perkins - Re-signed for two more years - 3/6

Remove this Banner Ad

I still think Stringer & Archie are almost automatic selections.

Gresh comes in for Guelfi/Snelling.

I think everything else stays largely the same.

There's 10 blokes I'd drop from the 2023 team before Archie.
You're forgetting that Jones and Wright hardly played, which will probably push Langford to a 3rd tall.

Alwyn Davey Jnr will probably step up a bit more.

Duursma's arrival will probably see us play 3 wingers, with one of Duursma or Martin rotating through the forward line. If Martin rotates through the mid, that's an extra resting mid in our forward line.

There will be a lot of pressure on Archie in 2024.

He's far from an automatic selection.

Archie is just gonna need to grow his hair out again
He lives in Victoria that allows changing gender by declaration alone. So if he was so inclined. He could become the first woman to play in the AFL. The first transgender athlete to play in the AFL. The first openly gay player in the AFL and could start a lesbian relationship with an AFLW player to ensure his kids have doubly good athletic genes.

He lives in Victoria that allows changing gender by declaration alone. So if he was so inclined. He could become the first woman to play in the AFL. The first transgender athlete to play in the AFL. The first openly gay player in the AFL and could start a lesbian relationship with an AFLW player to ensure his kids have doubly good athletic genes.
Or he could just be a bogan.

AFL wouldn’t allow it. Rules are stricter in sport than in society. And not entirely sure what gender has to do with the discussion anyway… plenty of blokes have long hair

You're forgetting that Jones and Wright hardly played, which will probably push Langford to a 3rd tall.

Duursma's arrival will probably see us play 3 wingers, with one of Duursma or Martin rotating through the forward line. If Martin rotates through the mid, that's an extra resting mid in our forward line.

Wright came back and he stayed in this year - and Jones is averaging like 7 games a season.

I think Davey plays VFL again - and I don't think Perkins is who he'd push out if he did come up.

Also, someone is always injured, as with every other team in the AFL.

For me, our forward rotation at full strength is Wright, Langford, Stringer, Perkins, Menzie & Gresh. I could be wrong, but I think most people would agree with that? And then the 7th forward and/or rotating mid. Probably Weideman? Only really leaves us with Jones. And again, at least one of those guys will always be injured.

I don't think Perkins is anywhere near losing his spot.

AFL wouldn’t allow it. Rules are stricter in sport than in society. And not entirely sure what gender has to do with the discussion anyway… plenty of blokes have long hair
I always assumed AFL was open, is this not the case? I probably should have responded to the poster who brought up gender instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

happens in the states very often i think
Yao Ming was no accident.

Anyways, back to Archie. I agree with the high half forward crew - I can see him being incredibly damaging in that role, and don’t see any future for him as a midfielder. I still think he has the ceiling to be an out and out star as a half forward, we just need some patience.

He is as automatic as you get.

We are not playing Stringer in front of him.

Wright/Langford/Perkins are the first picked forwards.

to me what's most apparent is that there might be a push by the club to play him in the center... which i think is a really bad idea in the long term. while he's good, i think his best work will be done in the forward line.

i think that if he works on his forward craft more, he could be akin to mark lecras in terms of impact infront of goals - certainly not the best by any means, but a very crafty and useful player.

to me what's most apparent is that there might be a push by the club to play him in the center... which i think is a really bad idea in the long term. while he's good, i think his best work will be done in the forward line.

i think that if he works on his forward craft more, he could be akin to mark lecras in terms of impact infront of goals - certainly not the best by any means, but a very crafty and useful player.
And he’ll kick a bag every time he plays against us

I think he is a forward/midfielder. His minu s in the midfield last year (due to injury) will stand him in good stead.

If this list build works it will have him playing 60/40 forward/midfield.

Has all the hallmarks of the enigmatic son in law that you initially hate because he doesn’t defer to you or even speak your language, but who eventually proves to you that you’re a has been who doesn’t understand anything beyond his own narrow, outdated experience.

Has all the hallmarks of the enigmatic son in law that you initially hate because he doesn’t defer to you or even speak your language, but who eventually proves to you that you’re a has been who doesn’t understand anything beyond his own narrow, outdated experience.
This is... very pointed.

Posting this at 2am during the holiday season, you alright?

EDIT: I'm not joking

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back