Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

1983 Redux Funeral Parlour -
Putting the FUN back into DEATH.

We could do a letterbox drop in retirement homes and assisted living communities.
Curious, I thought we were already in an assisted living community.

1983 Redux Funeral Parlour

260333378_10165927064515096_7775489848869093308_n.jpg
Rene Magritte.

Aside from supplying just the right soundtrack for the 'Fun Funeral' I think concentrating on a few unique package deals, that could work with variations, would be a good start in this enterprising niche marketing opportunity that you have identified.
Workshopping required.
I have made a start below on some ideas for collaborational development........

The Screaming 'J' Funeral.
'A wildly native ride to the other side'.
Package includes:
Voudou approved scarified coffin with choice of pyre location.
Service conducted by an impersonator of choice with festival tested fire eating skills.
Unique take home memento mori of ritual worry bracelet made up of beads & chicken bones.

The Mindful Meme Memorial.
'Modern Meme-orial.'
Package includes:
Holographic coffin overlayed with projected memes of choice.
Exclussive personalised memorial meme created specifically for your loved one, with authorised eternal copyright certificate.
Meme residuals for 'going viral' renumerated to the estate in perpetuity.

Light My Fire Cremation
'Concierge Service opening doors to the afterlife.'
Package includes:
Coffin made out of judiciously considered recycled wooden church doors, with just the right smattering of holy nails with entrails attached, configured in loved ones initials.
Memorial souvenier of a blessed sacred burnt match framed in birch.

Botox Burial Service.
'Wrinkle free sevice'
Package includes:
Silicone enhanced personalised slim fit coffin with capacity for plumping fillers as required.
Trained murder of Crows to be released and do a fly past salute on the internment.
Memorial memento of a small urn of exclussive moisturiser made up of loved ones extracted and concentrated liposuction fat, with a personalised label designed from past surgery invoices of recommended cosmetic surgery practitioner.

Other thoughts for development; "Moved by Jagger." Classic retro category, 'The 'I Told You So' moan from the grave liturgy, The Handle With Care-Do Not Drop service, 'Who's Looking At You' Robert De Niro service & a 'Science what's Science express service'.

51fZ9-e0rOL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Last edited:

Curious, I thought we were already in an assisted living community.

1983 Redux Funeral Parlour

View attachment 1940660

Aside from supplying just the right soundtrack for the 'Fun Funeral' I think concentrating on a few unique package deals, that could work with variations, would be a good start in this enterprising niche marketing opportunity that you have identified.
Workshopping required.
I have made a start below on some ideas for collaborational development........

The Screaming 'J' Funeral.
'A wildly native ride to the other side'.
Package includes:
Voudou approved scarified coffin with choice of pyre location.
Service conducted by an impersonator of choice with festival tested fire eating skills.
Unique take home memento mori of ritual worry bracelet made up of beads & chicken bones.

The Mindful Meme Memorial.
'Modern Meme-orial.'
Package includes:
Holographic coffin overlayed with projected memes of choice.
Exclussive personalised memorial meme created specifically for your loved one, with authorised eternal copyright certificate.
Meme residuals for 'going viral' renumerated to the estate in perpetuity.

Light My Fire Cremation
'Concierge Service opening doors to the afterlife.'
Package includes:
Coffin made out of judiciously considered recycled wooden church doors, with just the right smattering of holy nails with entrails attached, configured in loved ones initials.
Memorial souvenier of a blessed sacred burnt match framed in birch.

Botox Burial Service.
'Wrinkle free sevice'
Package includes:
Silicone enhanced personalised slim fit coffin with capacity for plumping fillers as required.
Trained murder of Crows to be released and do a fly past salute on the internment.
Memorial memento of a small urn of exclussive moisturiser made up of loved ones extracted and concentrated liposuction fat, with a personalised label designed from past surgery invoices of recommended cosmetic surgery practitioner.

Other thoughts for development; "Moved by Jagger." Classic retro category, 'The 'I Told You So' moan from the grave liturgy, The Handle With Care-Do Not Drop service, 'Who's Looking At You' Robert De Niro service & a 'Science what's Science express service'.

View attachment 1940685

Fun Funeral Ideas Files:
I've just been served up, the Artist Frank Kunert, German Photographer, working from created miniatures.
On the same wave length.

Fun. Frank Kunert. 2022 Carpe Diem Series. Copyright of the Artist.

434092315_10161809899079586_4755942503897680953_n.jpg

See more on the Artist's website: https://www.frank-kunert.de/home/en.html

Last edited:
Current Cultural Crisis. Same Old Scene;
Better believe the recession is here, has been here for a while, silently creeping around the ground. Denied for a while,,,shhh don't scare the horses....they've bolted already. 40% down all around, door sales, attendances, returns on running an event....across the cultural field, the Melbourne Flower Show, Collectable Fairs, Music festivals, Cafes and Restaurants. The discretionary spend gone and now shaping up things to come. This is where the big multinationals such as Macca's suck it up and keep on the churn, they will survive your local cafe probably not. The hue and cry goes up for Govt. funding, you hear it all around for this and that support of Artists...but I know that support, if given gets sucked up by the bureaucracies, the administration, the organisers. They will look after themselves first and foremost very little is ever doled out to Artist's, creators, Musicians. They will get the scraps, the piddling amount and told by the parasitical industry that lives on their backs, be happy, look what I got for you, aren't you lucky you've got me. And the ones that accept this status quo go on producing lame, hot housed, anemic, compromised product and call it 'Art', call it authentic, call it culturally relevant, call it.....survival!
Darwin, the master of getting the notoriety on the back of other peoples work...the master of spinning and supressing, of blatantly taking the laurels of others, is always quoted as coining 'survival of the fittest'. Like most quotes bowdlerised, it was in fact 'survival of the fit'.
His full quote:'“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, not the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
Fit to fill in forms for funding or fit to create. Choose one, tick the box.

Last edited:
Current Cultural Crisis. Same Old Scene;
Better believe the recession is here, has been here for a while, silently creeping around the ground. Denied for a while,,,shhh don't scare the horses....they've bolted already. 40% down all around, door sales, attendances, returns on running an event....across the cultural field, the Melbourne Flower Show, Collectable Fairs, Music festivals, Cafes and Restaurants. The discretionary spend gone and now shaping up things to come. This is where the big multinationals such as Macca's suck it up and keep on the churn, they will survive your local cafe probably not. The hue and cry goes up for Govt. funding, you hear it all around for this and that support of Artists...but I know that support, if given gets sucked up by the bureaucracies, the administration, the organisers. They will look after themselves first and foremost very little is ever doled out to Artist's, creators, Musicians. They will get the scraps, the piddling amount and told by the parasitical industry that lives on their backs, be happy, look what I got for you, aren't you lucky you've got me. And the ones that accept this status quo go on producing lame, hot housed, anemic, compromised product and call it 'Art', call it authentic, call it culturally relevant, call it.....survival!
Darwin, the master of getting the notoriety on the back of other peoples work...the master of spinning and supressing, of blatantly taking the laurels of others, is always quoted as coining 'survival of the fittest'. Like most quotes bowdlerised, it was in fact 'survival of the fit'.
His full quote:'“It is not the strongest of the species that survives, not the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”
Fit to fill in forms for funding or fit to create. Choose one, tick the box.

Sad but true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

… and going hand in hand with the economic hollowing out of the Arts Community is the ideological assault on content, particularly evident in literature, by fanatical right wing culture warriors and their evangelical and media boosters.

I’m a big fan of The Fall who I saw at The Seaview Ballroom in 1982. John Peel nominated them as his favourite band.

Lots to choose from, but this is my absolute favourite album from the start of The Fall’s peak run.

House of All released this album last year and it does justice to the genre / sound that Mark E Smith explored. Martin Bramah, The Fall’s original lead singer and early guitarist, has created an album that stands alone as my favourite from last year.

House of All have just released a new single, Gaudy Pop Scramble and it maintains the high standard of the album. Both the Album and new single are on What’sitsfy

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back