YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
My dad for years has praised how great this particular game was, but I can't find it anywhere.

If someone could find me a copy I could download or stream, that would be fantastic.

Geelong played dirty and came out second best. Who knows what might have happened if they'd played the ball instead of the man in the first quarter (Hawthorn probably still wins IMO). Ablett's performance is pretty good, but Derm's 8 goal game in 85 gets the nod from me. Incredible.

"Bah Gawd Almighty! Bah Gawd Almighty! As god as my witness, Yeates just broke Dermie in half!"

"Geelong is being beaten like a government mule in the early going!"

"Budda's lip has been busted open!"

"This was the most unbelievable Grand Final... these 40 men gave you everything in their bodies, they gave you everything in their souls here this afternoon."

upload_2014-5-14_21-25-34.jpeg

My dad for years has praised how great this particular game was, but I can't find it anywhere.

If someone could find me a copy I could download or stream, that would be fantastic.

do you have a PO box

I will post you a copy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

for a better game, watch round 6 from that year.

Agreed. Geelong out to a 49 point lead early in the 3rd term playing some of the most unbelievable footy I've ever seen, and the Hawks pulled them back to win. The football on display that day was as good as it gets ... the way the game was meant to be played. I miss those days.

Agreed. Geelong out to a 49 point lead early in the 3rd term playing some of the most unbelievable footy I've ever seen, and the Hawks pulled them back to win. The football on display that day was as good as it gets ... the way the game was meant to be played. I miss those days.

Yep. I remember watching it on TV in Adelaide. I think the final score was something bizarre like 171 to 163. Hawthorn were the best team that year but the Cats played some incredible games. We were kicking cricket scores against teams on grounds that resembled peat bogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back