Senior 20. Elijah Hollands

Remove this Banner Ad

If you judged Dow solely on VFL form, you’d come up with a promising report and say he just needs to play. The difference is we know he has his limits at the next level because he’s actually played. We just don’t know about Hollands and I think it’s weird to suggest otherwise, no matter how optimistic we might be. Particularly given the reported attitude stuff.
No one said he is a proven AFL performer.

No kid is that after 14 games.

But even his first 5 games in 2022 showed he can produce consistently at the higher level.

1697669793350.png

Perhaps he and Dew didn't get on.... perhaps we were in his ear before season 2023? Who knows.

Won't get away with attitude under our current regime, doubt he'll be anything but a choirboy.

No one said he is a proven AFL performer.

No kid is that after 14 games.

But even his first 5 games in 2022 showed he can produce consistently at the higher level.

View attachment 1835210

Perhaps he and Dew didn't get on.... perhaps we were in his ear before season 2023? Who knows.

Won't get away with attitude under our current regime, doubt he'll be anything but a choirboy.
Hey, I'm really excited about him. And gambling on the higher ceiling and wider skill set is definitely a better option for us. I was just suggesting that his position was not dissimilar to Dow's on the trade market.

Hollands is a great fit. Hopefully makes the HFF spot his own, and we've seen if he say spends a third of his time in the middle he can more than hold his own and importantly his running complements our midfield strengths.

Those comparing his trade value with Dow are probably correct - both have upside. The difference is Dow needs to be the 1st or 2nd clearance mid in his team to work well. That was just never going to happen with us given that's our biggest strength.

At the Saints maybe he's 1 or 2 with Steele. Build the right complementary mids around those 2 and it could work well. Wish him all the best.

I love this kid. I've asked the questions of my Suns supporting mates (I'm in Bris) why he hasn't been playing. They can't believe we got him for a future 3rd. He's a jet.

Get his conditioning right and watch him go.... Can't wait until preseason for him, and the season proper for us all to watch. He'll love playing in front of 85000 in round 1 rather than 5000.

Welcome Elijah...

Elijah was projected to go number 1 in his draft year before he did his ACL

Many opposition supporters were shocked/rather annoyed we got D2 very cheaply.

I sincerely hope Dow kicks on at St Kilda, but for our club and our list demographic and chemistry, Elijah definitely strikes me as the better fit for us

Time will tell, it always does.
This guy is a gun
Fast and powerful running machine
Looked set at Sun's and had a few breakout games...looked set
Them might have had a few injury issues
Didn't look into it however Sun's had him as a hff etc...I don't think they planned his spot very well in their team at the time....was expensive for them

Seen him in a few games tho and he does have speed and plenty of mongrel
Plenty

Looks like a younger Luke Parker in those highlights. Ferocious tackler, earns hard ball and dangerous on the snap from 40 or off a step from 50.

Hollands is a great fit. Hopefully makes the HFF spot his own, and we've seen if he say spends a third of his time in the middle he can more than hold his own and importantly his running complements our midfield strengths.

Those comparing his trade value with Dow are probably correct - both have upside. The difference is Dow needs to be the 1st or 2nd clearance mid in his team to work well. That was just never going to happen with us given that's our biggest strength.

At the Saints maybe he's 1 or 2 with Steele. Build the right complementary mids around those 2 and it could work well. Wish him all the best.

The issue with Dow is he can’t play a 2nd position. It’s only midfield.
Hopefully Elijah can play the Half forward / midfield role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening carefully to Craig Cameron being interviewed last week it was clear that their was a court issue, but no-one picked up on it. Or maybe like me, they did pick up on it but thought it wasn't their place to air it publicly.

Cameron said wtte "Issues have now been cleared for Elijah to be able to return to Victoria".

Illicit sub was obviously the likely reason he had the "issue". Pretty good result, considering other alternatives,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back