Remove this Banner Ad

juddy03

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2003
Werribee
Other Teams
Liverpool/Victory
Thought i'd start the thread as i'm home and am bitterly disappointed! :(

5 - Chick: Very pleased to see Chicky play some very good football tonight!

4 - Sampi: Explosive tonight! Looking forward to more from Pocket Dynamo #2..

3 - Matera: What more could you ask for? Except maybe the goal that he should have kicked and hit the post? :rolleyes:

2 - Kerr: Good for first game back.. Got some crucial possessions in the 3rd quarter and kept us in the game.. Only query is he run out of legs in the last quarter..

1 - Cox: Coming along in leaps and bounds.. Every week he seems to get better.. Lovely roving work tonight, but still should have kicked the goal when he hit the post!

5 - Sampi, was really good tonight, kicked 5 and was lively up forward.

4 - Embley, Had a good end to the match and picked up 23 possies to match.

3 - Matera, died down a bit and should of kicked that goal in the last quarter, but he wasn't that bad all in all

2 - Kerr, had a lot of the ball on his night back, still ooked a little underdone though, but he did field an reasonably good performance.

1 - Cox, looked nice with the few marks he took here and there, but I'm still reeling from that miss ealry in the last quarter...

Sampi
Sampi
Sampi
Sampi
and Sampi

I don't know how the eagles would cope without him, a genuine star!

5- Sampi- What a champ! 5 goals! Plus he was excellent
4- Kerr- Great comeback, he was very into the game
3- Chick- Huge performance compared with last week!
2- Embley- Started a bit slow but he was good once he got into the game, needed inside 50 because the ball kept flying over the small fowards heads! Where's Doogs when you need him (injured of course!:()
1- Staker- May sound stupid but he impressed me! Good tackles, getting better with his marking and took a goal! Improved on last week's performance! At the moment I think he is better up foward, move him back when he's bigger/stronger and more confident!

5. Sampi (Kept us in the game. Too small a forward line after the loss of McDoogs)

4. Fletcher (typical hard running possession gathering game)

3. Chick (Worked hard around the ground and nullified some of ports attacking moves)

2. Judd (Just pure class)

1. Cox (If you kicked that goal Sux, I would have given you the 2 points)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird that people are voting for Lynch? Tredrea kicked 5 goals and had 20+ disposals to go with 12 marks IIRC. I though Lynch did well on Tredrea despite Tredders great stats but still, I dont think he was in our best 5 on the ground.

Difficult game to judge.

5. Cox
4. Sampi
3. Judd
2. Fletcher
1. Matera

I know that the 3 "villains" who missed the "easy" goals in the last quarter are in my Top 5 - but rightly so. Without them, we wouldn't have got close.

I would normally have voted for Chick & Embley in a game like last night, but they just weren't consistent enough over the 4 quarters.

Get on Tredrea for the Brownlow now - Lynch did quite well on the best CHF in the game atm, but the umpires just love Tredrea. And he's a bit good at marking and kicking for goal.

Don't be too down - Port will finish top of the H&A again this year.

votes

5. Sampi - was a shining light. His marking is unbelievable! A champ in the making

4. Fletcher - his usual mega possession game

3. Judd - superb. Goal of the year contender for the one where he took it from the ruck, three bounces and goaled from well outside 50. Footy really is an easy game played like that
:) He seemed to have a hip or leg injury in the last quarter which could have accounted for the missed shot.

2. Cox - great game by Deano. I couldn't believe that miss though

1. Chick - strong, tough Chicky of old

Originally posted by jod23
Weird that people are voting for Lynch? Tredrea kicked 5 goals and had 20+ disposals to go with 12 marks IIRC. I though Lynch did well on Tredrea despite Tredders great stats but still, I dont think he was in our best 5 on the ground.

There were a few players I would have slotted in before Lynch, if they hadn't made such woeful errors at critical times. Maybe I voted with my heart a little, but then again Lynch did have arguably the most difficult job on the ground. God knows how many Tredrea would have kicked if it wasn't for Lynch.

I thought Lynch was murdered all night. Tredrea lead him a merry dance beating him physically and on the lead as well as having a much better footballing brain. I am concerned long term about Lynch's aerobic capacity.
But he is young and it was only his second game as a CHB, he hasn't had much of an apprenticeship before being dropped in at the deep end. Not a single AFL game last season. So I think the juty is out on Lynch. He may develop into another Jako, he may have a bag kicked on him each week.
He has youth on his side but I question the Eagles long term planning. If he was pencilled as this years CHB then why was he not played last year, even off the bench? Or was the plan Glass and Gaspar? In which case Lynch is a stop gap.

I'll go for
5. Sampi- livewire, lightning forward all day. Awesome marks and kicked accurately, which was quite a rarity for us.
4. Judd - Ran hard as per usual, but added some other features to his game- was strong overhead and dangerous up forward- another step towards the total package.
3. Cox- Huge game from Coxxy- exactly what he showed over the preseason. Can't wait till Gardie reaches full fitness, because we're going to have a deadly ruck division.
3. Fletcher - Mr Consistency got under the radar as usual.
2. Embley- relished his first outing as a Judd clone.
1. Jakovich- Classy at CHF.

Lynch didn't win his battle with Tredrea by any stretch of the imagination, but worked hard and continued to development- he was a lot better this week than last. He's certainly worth persevering with, although it'll be nice to get Glass and Gassy back in the side to give him some backup. Back Lynch in, he's going to be a good player.

5) Fletcher- stood up once again. Has shown early this season
that last year was no fluke and that he is a consistent
contributer.
4)Cox- rucked well. There were some great taps in his game.
None better than the back hander he sent down to Juddy
to kicked that running goal out of the centre.
3) Sampi- simply awesome. We know that the day that Matera
calls it quits we will have an adequate replacement.
(However thats if the coaches choose to play him a
forward pocket primarily through his long and illustrious
career). Excellent mark and with that can play above
his height.
2) Kerr- great game back. Again, very good in and under.
1) Embley- very very solid game. Marked well, found lots of the
ball and even spent time up forward.

Interesting to note that Juddy led the game for both teams last night in the tackle category with 7!!!

Haven't forced myself to watch the video of it yet but from the game....

5. Sampi - Classy up forward when we needed him to be.

4. Fletcher - Loads of the ball, which was a bonus with the lack of Cousins.

3. Cox - I thought he looked great around the ground, found space and took some good marks up forward - but that miss taints his match sadly.

2. Judd - Lifted in the 2nd half and got us back in it.

1. Chick - Hit back well after a down game last week.

Strange game - I said at the match that it simply wasn't like a game we would win, no one really grabbed the game by the balls (unlike Port) and guys like Gardiner and Cousins had little say in the match. I was also reasonably happy with the performances of Embley, Matera (did what you expect but that miss was just plain bad), Jakovich (kept up the solid form but still bombed away at goal when he shouldn't have) and Brent Staker looked better than last week.

On Lynch and Carroll - they've got a LONG way to go. Well Lynch has anyway, if Carroll was going to get any better it would have happened by now. Persist with Lynch though - I know it sounds a cop out, but when he gets to play on an opponent with less skill and experience, it will be good for his confidence.

I thought Kerr looked out of sorts and needs to lift, this probably should be his best season so far, he's got to work harder if he's going to equal his 2002 season.

5. Fletcher - stand out in the midfield for mine

4. Sampi - simply put, he was awesome

3. Chick - like most of you have already touched on (Bounced back well)

2. Matera - goods signs early, done enough to warrant 2

1. Kerr - gotta squeeze him in for his effort

Remove this Banner Ad

Back