2008 Grand Final Ch7 Commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

N i B

Senior List
Apr 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So, how do you plan to watch and listen to the game ?

I for one am not going to let the current pale imitation of Bruce McAvaney ruin my viewing experience listening to his unexcited commentary.

Think I'll stick with a muted TV and MMM on the radio (hopefully they are fully synced and Ch7 aren't running on even the tiniest delay)

So, how do you plan to watch and listen to the game ?

I for one am not going to let the current pale imitation of Bruce McAvaney ruin my viewing experience listening to his unexcited commentary.

Think I'll stick with a muted TV and MMM on the radio (hopefully they are fully synced and Ch7 aren't running on even the tiniest delay)

all of australia will be muting the tv on saturday and they will listen to the radio.

the commentators will be

bruce the dullman
dennis the unfunny one
tim watson the one people turn to when they want to hear about womens periods
buckley he has been good
leathal great to have him back

ricky why do they bother with him
the ox.

You cannot listen to the radio while watching the TV. It is a delay of about 5 seconds and you can hear what is happening before what you see and it is very annoying. Tried to do it during last years grand final and it annoyed the crap out of us watching so we switched to TV commentary after about 3 minutes.

The commentary team for the grand final will actually be an excellent 1. We will have Dennis and Bruce on commentary and Matthews, Buckley and Watson on special comments. That is a great line-up and you cannot deny that. Hopefully the Ox and Olarenshaw dont stuff up the boundary riding too much.

You cannot listen to the radio while watching the TV. It is a delay of about 5 seconds and you can hear what is happening before what you see and it is very annoying. Tried to do it during last years grand final and it annoyed the crap out of us watching so we switched to TV commentary after about 3 minutes.

The commentary team for the grand final will actually be an excellent 1. We will have Dennis and Bruce on commentary and Matthews, Buckley and Watson on special comments. That is a great line-up and you cannot deny that. Hopefully the Ox and Olarenshaw dont stuff up the boundary riding too much.

get rid of bruce and watson and it would be 5 billion times better

The GF commentary should be terrific on Saturday. I'm glad the Ox is on the boundary instead of in the box. He really makes me cringe sometimes.:eek:

yeah the ox is annoying. i will also be listening to tripple M and muting the tv!

The TV and radio will sync UNLESS you are watching the vision through Foxtel or a digital set top box. So for it to sync you'll need to watch it through the antenna.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The TV and radio will sync UNLESS you are watching the vision through Foxtel or a digital set top box. So for it to sync you'll need to watch it through the antenna.

Ha. The antenna TV's are never in sync with the radio, there is generally around a 3-5 second delay. It's good if you aren't paying that much attention to the TV and listen to the radio commentary and look up to see the good stuff happen but trying to watch it live is painful (even more so having to put up with the TV commentary).

I know 5AA will often sync their broadcast of non-AAMI games with the TV, but listening to the tv commentators is a better option than them.

I'd probably be listening to ABC or MMM if the commentary was in-sync.

Please no Schwarz in the commentary box, on the ground, or within 10K's of the MCG.
Preferably no Watson either. Olarenshaw gets the boundary duties over the other two, but he is a lesser evil.

Bucks, Lethal ,Commeti and Bruce will be a good combination, providing the latter doesnt make absurd comments , which he has been known for this year.

I also hope technically the production is up to standard. No quietening of the crowd, no going to a ad break when Buddy lines up for a match winning goal, No dodgy cross promotions, good camera work etc etc.

But if it is anything like 'Seasons Best' we are in for a rough ride...

I predict many a throaty growl from Bruce. :thumbsdown:

I'm cringing already. I also predict many extremely lame jokes by Commeti who thinks he's actually funny because he made a few mildly amusing asides five years ago.

If we could ditch Bruce and eliminate Dennis's pathetic attempts at humour it might be ok.

Dennis,Lethal and Bucks would be ok but still not as good as the 10 or 9 teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back