2008 - Mark of the Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think because Burton does it all the time, he will lose a bit of wow. But he sat right on that kids head and you could see it coming as soon as the ball was kicked.

IMO Gill (ofcourse I may be biased) because he got higher than Lloyd, took it cleaner and it was pissing down that game.

But i'm sure they'll give it to Lloyd because of the support he has.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gill's is the best.
He got a lot higher than Lloyd as well.

Anyone who says Lloyd's is the best either has the blinkers on or knows nothing about football, All Australian selectors included, Gill by rights should win it, but the selectors will likely have the blinkers on like the hordes of obsessed Essendon supporters voting in this poll and they'll pick Lloyd even though Gill's mark was better.

It's all but decided that Lloyd has it in the bag.
They did a highlights package on the 7 gameday special. Gill's was shown twice, but both times in normal speed. Lloyd's was the last one shown, and was repeated 3 or 4 times with commentary, in slow motion etc.

I'm biased as hell, but I prefer Gill's, but Lloyd's looks pretty awesome because the pack holds him up for a bit while he falls. No chance it'll go to anyone other than Lloyd.

[youtube]JN22MyV6yd8[/youtube]

[youtube]Zzwci0M5mmQ[/youtube]

[youtube]OkF_trmj8xI[/youtube]

With all that said, I'd love Burton to win one. He's had so many contenders over the years, but never won it, whereas Lloyd's goal of the year was a disgrace.

Gill's is the best.
He got a lot higher than Lloyd as well.

Anyone who says Lloyd's is the best either has the blinkers on or knows nothing about football, All Australian selectors included, Gill by rights should win it, but the selectors will likely have the blinkers on like the hordes of obsessed Essendon supporters voting in this poll and they'll pick Lloyd even though Gill's mark was better.

LOL :thumbsu:

Gill, who could imagine taking such a mark so cleanly and right in the hands instead of the chest in soaking weather with rain pouring down. :thumbsu:

First time I've seen Gill's.

Good grab, but nothing that made me go wow. I even prefer Burton's over that.

But clearly it's Lloyd..........

I notice a pattern also for people voting for Lloyd.

Yeah, Supporters from Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn, Carlton, North Melbourne.....all so biased aren't they?

There's a video of Lloyd's mark from behind. He didn't get as high as Gill. Lloyd's looks higher because it was in a pack and his landing looked spectacular. If Gill landed like Lloyd he'd be a shoe in for MOTY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back