2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a bad side although there is a couple of suspects in there, I see barnys coach in there does his form warrant a guernsy i would have thought not, could be stronger they might have there work cut out for them i think, the hume look strong all over the park.
Bruce playing fullforward, for that matter playing anywhere in the side. what a joke. 12 sides in the comp and thats the best we can come up with. ha!

Any real surprises on the weekend, i see beechworth had a big win on sat beating the roos, there the team to beat said it all along.

Any other news very quiet on here at the moment.

Well Barny will be hoping for a miracle to reach the finals. Chiltern the same after blowing the game on the weekend. Have noticed that they have lost M.Ladgrove to the Upper Murray again. He changes clubs more then most guys change undies. Also see that S.Clark has jumped shipp from Saints and gone to Murray Magpies. He was in the one's for most the season. I heard that the was stood down by the club for off field antics? Can anyone shed a bit off light on this? Not a bad player but just needs a bit of corn to go with his pea heart. :D

Can anyone confirm if Nigel Lappin is playing for Chiltern this weekend.
I think all in the Swans camp would be disappointed with their season to date.

A couple of big results on the weekend. Who would have thought we'd have 4 teams sitting on equal top at the end of round12. Are the dogies falling away again. Are the cats as good as they have been telling everyone, and can they match it come finals. Kiewa to move up the ladder over the next couple of weeks, much better then some may think. Thought's??

A couple of big results on the weekend. Who would have thought we'd have 4 teams sitting on equal top at the end of round12. Are the dogies falling away again. Are the cats as good as they have been telling everyone, and can they match it come finals. Kiewa to move up the ladder over the next couple of weeks, much better then some may think. Thought's??

Experienced Kiewa first hand on the weekend and they are more than handy. I dont think anybody ever thought they weren't that good. They have been right up there the past couple of years (including a premiership) and are right in amongst it again this season. With Tallangatta also beating Yack, we missed a chance to go to outright top which was extremely disappointing. But full credit to Kiewa. They outplayed us and deserved their win.

The jostling for positions within the top 4 will be very interesting as there is obviously a huge difference between a double chance (and possible week off) and a sudden death elimination final. Plenty to look forward to in the last 6 rounds of Home and Away

What's gone wrong at Swanland? On paper they look good enough to play finals and they can't keep using the injuries excuse to cover their sometimes inept performances. Is the coach hard enough? Do they make enough moves on the field or make silly moves?
From my views they are a huge disappointment in 2010. And the ground they play on should be looked at by the VCFL. It is simply not up to the standard required and is downright dangerous.

Well folks, the scene is set for an interesting end to the 2010 season, with 6 teams looking for 5 finals spots, games in the run home will prove crucial, with an unexpected loss having severe ramifications to every team's premiership hopes. Injuries will also prove crucial, with very little between the top teams, availability of a teams best list being a big factor when two teams clash, as will percentage.

Yack: 1st 40pts 155.45%. Wah (a), Chi (h), Ded (a), Mit (h), Bee (a).
Probably equal best chance with Rutherglen to win all 5 remaining games to finish on 15 wins, but last round is tough up at Beechworth and expect they will finish with 14 wins. Prediction 2nd.

Beech: 2nd 40pts 150.18%. Thu (h), Bar (a), Kie (h), Rut (a), Yac (h).
The toughest run home, playing the other 4 contenders and Barny away. If they get top spot or a top 3 finish they will certainly deserve it. Prediction 3rd with 14 wins.

Thur: 3rd 40pts 136.79%. Bee (a), Kie (h), Wah (a), Chi (h), Bar (a).
Not a bad run home, but need to get over Beechworth away or Kiewa at home and then not drop tough away matches against Wahgunyah & Barny to be top 3. Prediction 4th with 14 wins.

Ruth: 4th 40pts 133.05%. Ded (a), Mit (h), Bar (a), Bee (h), Wod (h).
Easiest run home having both Mitta & Beechworth at home. Away games against first round nemisis Dederang and dangerous Barny and finish with a big percentage booster against the hapless Saints. 15 wins Prediction 1st.

Kiewa: 5th 34pts 136.89%. Tal (h), Thu (a), Bee (a), Wah (h), Chi (a).
Tough run home but destiny is in their own hands, can put Tallangatta away this week to secure a finals spot, but go down to Tallangatta and losing one of either Thurgoona or Beechworth may see Tallangatta slip by them. 11.5 wins Prediction 5th.

Tall: 6th 28pts 109.05%. Kie (a), Wah (h), Chi (a), Ded (h), Mit (a).
After beating Yack were pants'd by Thurgoona on Saturday with a couple of big injuries added to their already bad injury list. Have to beat Kiewa on Saturday to be any chance and then rely on Kiewa dropping another game. Any loss & season over. Prediction 6th on 11 wins.

News has just reached us here in Bris-Vegas that those faceless few at the TDFL have decided "in the best interest of the TDFL" that Finals will continue to be played in some cow paddock with 1920's toilet facilities for the punters in 2010..? You have got to be joking?! Talk about vested interests. Nothing like that would happen here in Newmarket. Time for a change at the top. Makes one wonder what their strategic plan for the next 3 years looks like... nothing like the O&KFL I bet!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

News has just reached us here in Bris-Vegas that those faceless few at the TDFL have decided "in the best interest of the TDFL" that Finals will continue to be played in some cow paddock with 1920's toilet facilities for the punters in 2010..? You have got to be joking?! Talk about vested interests. Nothing like that would happen here in Newmarket. Time for a change at the top. Makes one wonder what their strategic plan for the next 3 years looks like... nothing like the O&KFL I bet!

This topic is for another thread. I too was keen to see the GF moved into Wodonga, but the process was perfectly fair and democratic. All clubs voted, and the majority chose to continue with it at Sandy Creek. So now the time has come for us to move on and let it go.

Impressive post AP. the jostling for positions within the top 5 will be very interesting over the last 5 weeks. With the evenness of the competition its not outside the realms of possibility that some of the teams outside the 5 could shape the make-up with an upset win here or there

Thanks GB. Appreciate someone filling-in the gaps. Guess you can't put brains in a billiard ball... but that might also be a topic for another thread..?! I'll catch up with technology - one day!

Well folks, the scene is set for an interesting end to the 2010 season, with 6 teams looking for 5 finals spots, games in the run home will prove crucial, with an unexpected loss having severe ramifications to every team's premiership hopes. Injuries will also prove crucial, with very little between the top teams, availability of a teams best list being a big factor when two teams clash, as will percentage.

Yack: 1st 40pts 155.45%. Wah (a), Chi (h), Ded (a), Mit (h), Bee (a).
Probably equal best chance with Rutherglen to win all 5 remaining games to finish on 15 wins, but last round is tough up at Beechworth and expect they will finish with 14 wins. Prediction 2nd.

Beech: 2nd 40pts 150.18%. Thu (h), Bar (a), Kie (h), Rut (a), Yac (h).
The toughest run home, playing the other 4 contenders and Barny away. If they get top spot or a top 3 finish they will certainly deserve it. Prediction 3rd with 14 wins.

Thur: 3rd 40pts 136.79%. Bee (a), Kie (h), Wah (a), Chi (h), Bar (a).
Not a bad run home, but need to get over Beechworth away or Kiewa at home and then not drop tough away matches against Wahgunyah & Barny to be top 3. Prediction 4th with 14 wins.

Ruth: 4th 40pts 133.05%. Ded (a), Mit (h), Bar (a), Bee (h), Wod (h).
Easiest run home having both Mitta & Beechworth at home. Away games against first round nemisis Dederang and dangerous Barny and finish with a big percentage booster against the hapless Saints. 15 wins Prediction 1st.

Kiewa: 5th 34pts 136.89%. Tal (h), Thu (a), Bee (a), Wah (h), Chi (a).
Tough run home but destiny is in their own hands, can put Tallangatta away this week to secure a finals spot, but go down to Tallangatta and losing one of either Thurgoona or Beechworth may see Tallangatta slip by them. 11.5 wins Prediction 5th.

Tall: 6th 28pts 109.05%. Kie (a), Wah (h), Chi (a), Ded (h), Mit (a).
After beating Yack were pants'd by Thurgoona on Saturday with a couple of big injuries added to their already bad injury list. Have to beat Kiewa on Saturday to be any chance and then rely on Kiewa dropping another game. Any loss & season over. Prediction 6th on 11 wins.
AP very good post indeed. Going to be a cracker finsih and a cracker of a finals seriers with anyone able to win it will all come down to as you said who can have a there players on the park only needs you to be missing two or three and you are behind the eight ball thats how close the comp is. If anyone can do a injury list for those 6 sides would be interesting to see where they are all out with players out and players who can come back

AP very good post indeed. Going to be a cracker finsih and a cracker of a finals seriers with anyone able to win it will all come down to as you said who can have a there players on the park only needs you to be missing two or three and you are behind the eight ball thats how close the comp is. If anyone can do a injury list for those 6 sides would be interesting to see where they are all out with players out and players who can come back

only know tallangattas
been hit really hard this year with injuries after a pretty good run last year.
G. Telford
A. Telford
T. Bird
all missed on the weekend
J. Russell looked to of seriously injured his shoulder on the weekend in the first quarter
T. Gorupic and T. Smith have only just returned after missing a few games mid season and wouldnt be at full fitness.
If all these players are fit n firing i think tallangatta could beat anyone but as was seen on the weekend when there key players are injured they might struggle

only know tallangattas
been hit really hard this year with injuries after a pretty good run last year.
G. Telford
A. Telford
T. Bird
all missed on the weekend
J. Russell looked to of seriously injured his shoulder on the weekend in the first quarter
T. Gorupic and T. Smith have only just returned after missing a few games mid season and wouldnt be at full fitness.
If all these players are fit n firing i think tallangatta could beat anyone but as was seen on the weekend when there key players are injured they might struggle
i do agree with that indeed and i'm pretty sure there big ruckmen spinks is out next few weeks with work as well

i do agree with that indeed and i'm pretty sure there big ruckmen spinks is out next few weeks with work as well

Happened to catch a glimpse of Chiltern v Tallangatta at weekend. Smith and Gorupic were very good. Spinks certainly looked fairly formidable as well. Russell and Bradshaw certainly looked like ducks out of water.

Can't see anyone overcoming Beechworth come September. Very hard and clean side. Although have to admit have not seen a Thurgoona game yet this year. Yack and Rutherglen certainly have sides with good clean ball users but think lack of hardness at the footy may be a downfall for both sides.

Anyone caught any gossip from the latest Brock/Burrum footy function? Sounds more like fight club then footy club.......

Well I popped down to watch Saints V Barny.Not sure what I was expecting with all the banter on here about the saints.I saw the 2's score and was hoping for better result in the 1's. Gee with the Saints kicking the first goal .I had a glimmer of hope of a close on.But that was that. I feel sorry the Saints players and supporters who give all but when the coach addresses the players with F word every second word .Yeah doesn't have the players but he doesn't have carry on like that. They could learn more by calming down and not blaming the umpires .They ain't the guys who get kicks,handballs or take marks.To be honest they need to get away from Martin park and rebuild .Weather that be in Bethanga in the Upper Murray or stay in TDFL. There's many highlights for the day with every green Withers kicking a bag. The Saints player wear a skivvy under his jumper..A handball which went over a guys head in the goal square. The amount of swearing coming from Saints players. The umpires weren't upto scratch but in the end the game needs them. But i enjoy the game.

Well I popped down to watch Saints V Barny.Not sure what I was expecting with all the banter on here about the saints.I saw the 2's score and was hoping for better result in the 1's. Gee with the Saints kicking the first goal .I had a glimmer of hope of a close on.But that was that. I feel sorry the Saints players and supporters who give all but when the coach addresses the players with F word every second word .Yeah doesn't have the players but he doesn't have carry on like that. They could learn more by calming down and not blaming the umpires .They ain't the guys who get kicks,handballs or take marks.To be honest they need to get away from Martin park and rebuild .Weather that be in Bethanga in the Upper Murray or stay in TDFL. There's many highlights for the day with every green Withers kicking a bag. The Saints player wear a skivvy under his jumper..A handball which went over a guys head in the goal square. The amount of swearing coming from Saints players. The umpires weren't upto scratch but in the end the game needs them. But i enjoy the game.

I heard the Saints Senior Coach got reported during the game, and then again after the game.....WTF.
Pull your head in!!

thats easier said than done, we are getting raped by the bulldogs but there is simply nowhere else to go. we have had extensive talks to council but there is nowhere to go, believe me we do want our own ground but the council have told us they aren't going to build another ground in Wodonga for 5-10 yrs and they wont upgrade MP 2 so that leaves us stranded. as for the coach he is a great guy but is understandably frustrated and would be disappointed with the way he reacted on the weekend.

thats easier said than done, we are getting raped by the bulldogs but there is simply nowhere else to go. we have had extensive talks to council but there is nowhere to go, believe me we do want our own ground but the council have told us they aren't going to build another ground in Wodonga for 5-10 yrs and they wont upgrade MP 2 so that leaves us stranded. as for the coach he is a great guy but is understandably frustrated and would be disappointed with the way he reacted on the weekend.

heard a rumor that the thurgoona coach had been given the boot is this true ??????

To be honest they need to get away from Martin park and rebuild .Weather that be in Bethanga in the Upper Murray or stay in TDFL. There's many highlights for the day with every green Withers kicking a bag. The Saints player wear a skivvy under his jumper..A handball which went over a guys head in the goal square. The amount of swearing coming from Saints players. The umpires weren't upto scratch but in the end the game needs them. But i enjoy the game.
Hawk20, have the club seriously considered a move back to Bethanga and maybe joining the Upper Murray comp where they would play against smaller townships with a better chance of success? A similar example being the success of Bullioh joining that comp which has been great for them as they don't seem to struggle for numbers and have racked up a couple of flags since comig in a decade ago.

Are there any "Bethanga" people still involved in the club???:confused: Maybe your club could look into a move to Baranduda since the facilities out there are starting to improve, you would have the township all to yourselves and they have a good Austkick program out there also.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back