2010 Season Begins

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know when the TDFL interleague side is out? its all over Hume forum, and they're already taking it up as a win... is there a list around of all W/L's played, TDFL Vs Hume?
they say its stronger over at the Hume league every year, except for saints, I'd say overall the TDFL is much stronger this year.
A good clash would be each premiership side to play off at end of year.

lets hope the TDFL pick a side with players who are in form and not just players who have played O@M. Its good to see Brendan Way named as coach as he will set a very high standerd. Dose anyone know if he is going to be a playing or not.

wouldn't say it was a great game to watch. Lets face it, were no world beaters, but only 1 left on bench after quarter time and none after half time, leaving nothing in the tank and injured players all over the field to play out the match. Was going OK to half time, with some good plays and hard work. Then after half time they piled them on and we ran out of players. Its certainly no excuse, but does make it more of a challenge for us.

I think that a few teams will regret a few early season losses towards the end of the year with it all being so close, should make for an interesting run to the finals...

Can i just say that the wodonga saints senior coach has lost the plot.
not only against chiltern did he tell his guys at half time that chilterns ruck is not allowed to walk off the ground in one piece, he has now made a mountain out of a mole hill in regards to an incident on the weekend when one of the barny players open handed a wodonga saint in the face and was sent off which is fair enough, but he has pushed it so it goes to the tribunal to try and suspend him for longer.

not sure what examples he is trying to set down there or should i say double standards but he needs to wake up to himself.

not only against chiltern did he tell his guys at half time that chilterns ruck is not allowed to walk off the ground in one piece,
Totally incorrect!!! I played in the ruck against chiltern, and that was not the instruction or what was said. I do recall him saying that me an Jarvo did a great job in the ruck that day. The instructions were to hit them hard, the same as were told at training, hit them hard, within the rules of the game. The same as I have tried to do, for a long as I have played!
I did speak to the Chiltern ruck the other day he said he was bugger by the end of the day because me and jarv's worked so hard and he just got back from injury. Hard work and playing hard are a part of the game and anyone who knows me, knows how I play. I've always tried to play within the rules and always will.
I think thugs on the field should be delt with off the field, by the police. You want to fight, go do boxing. I'm here to play footy and thats it. Until the AFL take these acts seriously, footy will never change and nor will people attitudes. Just cause you playing football does not give you the right to punch someone!

If you were not there, dont make s**t up on here!!!

Totally incorrect!!! I played in the ruck against chiltern, and that was not the instruction or what was said. I do recall him saying that me an Jarvo did a great job in the ruck that day. The instructions were to hit them hard, the same as were told at training, hit them hard, within the rules of the game. The same as I have tried to do, for a long as I have played!
I did speak to the Chiltern ruck the other day he said he was bugger by the end of the day because me and jarv's worked so hard and he just got back from injury. Hard work and playing hard are a part of the game and anyone who knows me, knows how I play. I've always tried to play within the rules and always will.
I think thugs on the field should be delt with off the field, by the police. You want to fight, go do boxing. I'm here to play footy and thats it. Until the AFL take these acts seriously, footy will never change and nor will people attitudes. Just cause you playing football does not give you the right to punch someone!

If you were not there, dont make s**t up on here!!!

don't take it personally mate it was directed at you. I am pretty confident i am not making it up as i have been told it by your fellow team mates and also people around your club. i am all for the saints becoming a stronger club but i just dont no how your going to do that with a bloke as your coach that couldnt even get a game in the two's a few years back ledalone the crap he is pulling off the field that has already been put on here.

Have to agree with everyone who has said how woeful chilterns ground was on the weekend. has a sand pit in the middle of ground surprised we weren't running over kids with there tonka trucks

don't take it personally mate it was directed at you. I am pretty confident i am not making it up as i have been told it by your fellow team mates and also people around your club. i am all for the saints becoming a stronger club but i just dont no how your going to do that with a bloke as your coach that couldnt even get a game in the two's a few years back ledalone the crap he is pulling off the field that has already been put on here.

I was at the game on Saturday, and was not far from the bench's. The s**t Manny was yelling at the top of his voice was embarrasing, there was one incident where Buck Rogers cleaned up a bloke in the goal square, it was fair by all means. You should of heard him.
And even though he might have been trying to get under a few blokes skin, it just shows you the character he is...
So Manny if your reading which I know you will be, pull your head, and change your user name from
"WhoReallyCares" too, "Im in over my head"..

Have to agree with everyone who has said how woeful chilterns ground was on the weekend. has a sand pit in the middle of ground surprised we weren't running over kids with there tonka trucks

Maybe the mountain folk at Eskdale could put some of that over the uncovered synthetic cricket pitch

The story with the pitch. It was replaced over the summer supposedly a new kind of material that is meant to be ok to play on so covering the pitch with a huge mound of dirt is not required. Have not played on it or laid eyes on it for that matter so don't know if it's no good

So you have played there GB, what's the story with the pitch ?

We played there in R4, I wont pretend to know everything (because I dont) but the hard wicket in the centre square was not covered at all. Rumour has it that it has been passed "safe" by the powers that be (whoever they are), but to me it seems a bit unneccessary. Especially when it would be so easy to fix. If anybody out there from Mitta could fill us in that would be great? (at the risk of frustrating some of the other bloggers with gossip thats not relevant how the season is shaping up)

Does anyone want to have a stab at the final 5 at the season end, or premiers. my top 5 below.

1. Yack
2. Beechworth
3. Thurgoona
4. Kiewa
5. Rutherglen (percentage over mitta)

6.Mitta (percentage)

Thurgoona V Beechworth in the Grand final.

Thoughts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone want to have a stab at the final 5 at the season end, or premiers. my top 5 below.

1. Yack
2. Beechworth
3. Thurgoona
4. Kiewa
5. Rutherglen (percentage over mitta)

6.Mitta (percentage)

Thurgoona V Beechworth in the Grand final.

Thoughts.

What no Barny in your top 5? This week will test them and see where they are at. If they have a full list that is. It should be a great game. Premiers is hard to tell at this stage. Yack have been building for awhile and things should start to pay off. All I can predict is the wooden spoon. I think all other teams will push for finals. Let's give it a few more rounds and things level out. I do hear that a ex afl player will don the boots in a one off.

What no Barny in your top 5? This week will test them and see where they are at. If they have a full list that is. It should be a great game. Premiers is hard to tell at this stage. Yack have been building for awhile and things should start to pay off. All I can predict is the wooden spoon. I think all other teams will push for finals. Let's give it a few more rounds and things level out. I do hear that a ex afl player will don the boots in a one off.
Having a wild stab in the dark on this one but would it be a one Nigel Lappin who is going to make a cameo sometime soon for the chiltern swans. :thumbsu:

Whats with all the reversals out at the Valley this year? Tallangatta has gone from hero's to zero's and Jack Russell has gone from dud to stud, weird.

Pretty quiet on here, thought there might be a bit more conversation considering the close round last week, Chiltern & Kiewa draw, Tallangatta over Mitta by a point and Yack coming from behind in last Q to beat Barny.
Couple of good games coming up also this week, Barny v Tall, Ruth v Yack and Mitta v Thur.
My tips for this week

Barny v Tall
Ruth v Yack
Saints v Beech
Mitta v Thurg
DMB v Kiewa
Chil v Wah

Pretty quiet on here, thought there might be a bit more conversation considering the close round last week, Chiltern & Kiewa draw, Tallangatta over Mitta by a point and Yack coming from behind in last Q to beat Barny.
Couple of good games coming up also this week, Barny v Tall, Ruth v Yack and Mitta v Thur.
My tips for this week

Barny v Tall
Ruth v Yack
Saints v Beech
Mitta v Thurg
DMB v Kiewa
Chil v Wah
the only way thurgoona mitta will be close if it buckets down for the rest of week and weekend. with barny getting players back they should defeat tall pretty easier i would think ruth yack for top spot has to be match of the round peoples thoughts on this one???

I was at the game on Saturday, and was not far from the bench's. The s**t Manny was yelling at the top of his voice was embarrasing, there was one incident where Buck Rogers cleaned up a bloke in the goal square, it was fair by all means. You should of heard him.
And even though he might have been trying to get under a few blokes skin, it just shows you the character he is...
So Manny if your reading which I know you will be, pull your head, and change your user name from "WhoReallyCares" too, "Im in over my head"..

im with you on this one everyone was alright at the start of the year bagging romeril how he ran the club but by the sounds of what ive been hearing this manny is no good and i know alot of blokes who want out!
i dont blame them hes taken saints from bad to worse.

hey boys just interested to know how ash "hopper" coysh is going for barny? was a good player for feds when they won the premiership in the upper murray. and also does he still wear head gear???

My tips for this week

Barny v Tall by 23 pts
Ruth v Yack by 7 pts
Saints v Beech by 60 pts
Mitta v Thurg by 16 pts
DMB v Kiewa by 33 pts
Chil v Wah by 22 pts

A great even season, don't really have rhyme or reason for above tips, 4 out of 6 games could go either way.

My tips for the weekend. The weather could play a big roll in the results. Lets hope we have a better weekend for the interleague match. Has anyone seen the squad for the TDFL.
Tall 12pts
Yack 18pts
Beech 42pts
Mitta 9pts
Keiwa 26pts
Chilt 9pts

My Tips for Round 8

Barny v Tall by 15 pts
Ruth v Yack by 10 pts
Beech
Mitta v Thurg by 5 pts
DMB v Kiewa by 13 pts
Chil v Wah by 21 pts

Brendan Way named as coach must be a joke what has he done as a coach "did nothing at Chiltern and got a wooden spoon at Raiders thank god Myrtleford beat him for a 2nd one"

Brendan Way named as coach must be a joke what has he done as a coach "did nothing at Chiltern and got a wooden spoon at Raiders thank god Myrtleford beat him for a 2nd one"

Clearly he's done a hell of a lot more than you have. You see, he would have been playing on a Saturday at 4pm and not sitting on his arse slinging s**t at someone from the safety of his keyboard because it's too cold to go outside.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back