Opinion 2011, 2012 draft who will rise and who will be gone at 2015 end

Remove this Banner Ad

Vickery averaged 1.9 goals a game (for comparison: Nick R 2.2; Walker 2.3; Cloke 2.0; Petrie 2.0; Wingard 1.8) and he was a competent 2nd ruck. But let's replace him with someone who struggles at the VFL level because he has the versatility to struggle in a number of roles.
His problem since leaving TAC hasn't been his offensive output but rather his defensive output. He is a liability the way he has played to date because although he may average 1.9 goals per game , goals to the opposition as a direct result of his lack of defensive effort is closer to 4.

His problem since leaving TAC hasn't been his offensive output but rather his defensive output. He is a liability the way he has played to date because although he may average 1.9 goals per game , goals to the opposition as a direct result of his lack of defensive effort is closer to 4.
make that up or got some actual evidence behind you to back it up?

He's actually a pretty good tackler for his size. Much better than Griffiths, for example. His problem is that he isn't very strong in marking contests, or ruck contests for that matter.

I thought he is a good mark and is strong in packs, just thought he lacked confidence towards the end. Now with McKenzie the pressure is really going to be on especially with Griff strong mark especially in packs and a booming kick with McK also a strong mark and am accurate kick.

How do you quantify this?

Was there a reason you specifically pulled the number 4 out of your arse? Just curious.. :drunk:

Vickery when his down seems to have bad body language like Jack, and they start to throw tantrums. Griff on the other hand you rarely see it
You could interpret that a few ways, ie he understands that he wont be used every time, and appreciates the bigger picture or he just doesn't have the real care about it ie not that hungry or competitive. Either way we cant know 1 way or the other unless close to all of them. This of course is true for the other 2 too, 1 way or the other.

I think his a great forward and if he left our club we will regret it and see him tear it up on afl. My only kwuam is he seems to drop his bundle when he isn't getting the ball enough of if delivery isn't lace out. But I think Vic's is a very good footballer and athlete

I think Vickery, Mcbean, Elton and Griffo will all need to play out of their skins...
It wont be long until Macca plays senior footy - stick him in the goal square and look out..
Jack, Lids, Martin roaming the F50 and beyond and Macca deep......and isolated

Lennon, Lids, Martin
Jack

Mackenzie

I think Griff and Vickery will really have a good year 2015, Beanie needs to put more size but is a good footballer/athlete. Not sure about Elton we need another hot prospect Chb. And agree Macca will be our next big forward. I still have hope for Vickery and am a huge fan of Griff

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Todd Elton 2011 1st round No 26
Mathew Arnot 2011 3rd round No 55
Kamdyn McIntosh 2012 2nd round No 31
Liam Mc Bean. 2012 2nd round No 33
Matt Mcdonough 2012 2nd round No 42
Nathan Gordon 2013 3rd round No 50
Sam Lloyd 2013 4th round No 66

From these drafts, current fulltime players
Nick Vlaustin
Brandon Ellis
Anthony Miles
Ricky Petterd
Ben Lennon - fair to say he will be an important player

Who will rise and who will fall come the end of 2015
Next year's draft is supposed to have good quality so would expect at least 4 picks, plus hopefully we can get at least one gun free agent. Will mean that we will need to free up 6+ spots from the current list. Minimum 2 players from the players above will have to be considered, but it's too early to say who as all look promising types. May come down to luck and the bloke who gets injured. Arnott now a rookie, looks the most likely to go. Hope McIntosh, McBean and Elton get a run in the first so they have a chance to prove themselves.

For mine, TV looks for the easy ball rather than using his size to win hard ball or bring it ground to the advantage of the small men.

He plods around the ground and will not run defensive patterns.

He needs to lift his game or find a new club.

For mine, TV looks for the easy ball rather than using his size to win hard ball or bring it ground to the advantage of the small men.

He plods around the ground and will not run defensive patterns.

He needs to lift his game or find a new club.
This.

Something always niggles me about TV. At times you see he has the ability to do more with what he has but it just doesn't seem to have clicked into a consistent format and he tends to revert.

I actually think if he could get things together he'd be a great player.

Richmond have the worst recruiting in the league. Francis Jackson and Blair Hartley are not up to AFL standard when picking talent compared to the likes of hawks and cats!

Richmond have the worst recruiting in the league. Francis Jackson and Blair Hartley are not up to AFL standard when picking talent compared to the likes of hawks and cats!
Thank you for your opinion. Not much happening on your own board?

Is it recruiting or development? I say its the latter particularly yesteryear. Right now I disagree. You cant have your last 10 or so first rounders being part of your best 22 and say the worst recruiters in the league. Yes our picks outside of this isn't the best but the first cab off the rank has to be round 1 picks. I would also add all clubs don't have perfect records, cats hawks included. I still believe our historical failures are more development( lack of funding has hurt all of this badly in the past) issues.

Vickery's main problem is his marking IMO. So many times he needs two or three bites of the cherry to actually complete the mark. Gets in the right positions, and knows how to find the ball for a big man. 200cm+ 100kg+ but never really takes true contested marks overhead.

Rhys Stanley - at least he'll give you guys a chance of winning something on GF day given your side won't be playing in them for a while.
Mitch Clark - as soon as the going gets tough he'll have 'depression' again.
Sam Blease - like Stanley he'll also give you a chance of GF day glory, but it'll only be in the sprint rather than a game.
George Burbury - elevated to the senior list in 2013, delisted in 2014.
Joel Hamling - still a chance of being a goo...oh wait plays for the Dogs now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back