2011 Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Villian

Debutant
Nov 6, 2009
Healesville
AFL Club
Carlton
I propose that no posts are submitted about Silvan or Cricket from now on!
Lets talk about Football and about the teams that make up the YVMDFL only.
Div 2 over the weekend was probably as expected. Kinglake hard to beat at home although Belgrave were horribly in accurate. Goal Kicking this week for The Magpies. Seville lost in a close one to a much improved Emerald. This setback for Seville will only make them stronger in my eye.
Junction over Powelly as expected and maybe Alex was the unexpected loss with a few handy recruits from Thornton.
Div 1 finally starts this Saturday. Is there a footy tipping comp run by the league this year? Any one willing to do any tips?

DIV 1
Warby vs GEMBROOK
Monbulk vs WOORI
UPWAY
vs Olinda
YARRA GLEN vs Healesville
Wandin vs MT EVELYN
DIV 2
Belgrave vs EMERALD
SEVILLE
vs Alex
YARRA JUNCTION vs Kinglake
Yea vs POWELLTOWN

DIV 1
Warby vs GEMBROOK
Monbulk vs WOORI
UPWAY vs Olinda
YARRA GLEN vs Healesville
Wandin vs MT EVELYN
DIV 2
Belgrave vs EMERALD
SEVILLE vs Alex
YARRA JUNCTION vs Kinglake
Yea vs POWELLTOWN

------------------------------------------------------------
Gembrook
Woori
Upwey
Healsville
Mt Ev
Div2
Emerald
Seville
Junction
Powelltown

warby v gembrook - gembrook by 13 points
monbulk v woori - woori by 37
upwey v olinda - upwey by 19
yarra glen v healsville - glen by 7
wandin v mt evelyn - mt evelyn by 30
belgrave v emerald - emerald by 15
seville v alex - seville by 32
junction v kinglake - junction by 26
yea v powelltown - yea by 4 points

What's everyones thoughts re teams not playing praccy matches. I believe Woori and Warby had no prac matches in the pre season. Compare this to Yarra Glen who i believe had 4 scheduled.

Who is in better shape? It it better to play many, a few or none at all due to the long season? Seemed to work well for Woori last year. What's the opinion on the street?

What's everyones thoughts re teams not playing praccy matches. I believe Woori and Warby had no prac matches in the pre season. Compare this to Yarra Glen who i believe had 4 scheduled.

Who is in better shape? It it better to play many, a few or none at all due to the long season? Seemed to work well for Woori last year. What's the opinion on the street?

You'd have to have a couple at least, wouldn't you? Otherwise it would take until round 3 or 4 to get into top gear. We'll find out on Saturday, I suppose. How did Gembrook go against Beaconsfield on the weekend, RHT?

You'd have to have a couple at least, wouldn't you? Otherwise it would take until round 3 or 4 to get into top gear. We'll find out on Saturday, I suppose. How did Gembrook go against Beaconsfield on the weekend, RHT?

I didn't see RHT there. I think he may have been up in Sydney trying to make enough to retire on by taking Black Caviar at fixed odds.

I was there though. Brookers won by 4 or 5 goals. Good first half, but were very disappointing in the second and let Beacie back into the game.

Warby had two full length intra club practise matches with over 50 players being involved in both. Watching both games it would be fair to say they got more out of that than playing some lowly EFL side that turns up with 20 odd players to play two games. In saying that its hard to schedule practise matches as nine A Grade cricketers also play senior footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back