Batman - Arkham City
Dragon Age II
Crysis 2
Deus Ex 2
Gears of War III
The Old Republic
Other

But perhaps only mods can put polls up?

There are so many games you have missed on the list that would/might blow most of them out of the water.

LA Noire and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception are frontrunners in my opinion.
(Rockstar games never get GOTY for some reason though)
GTA IV won plenty...and even though I don't have the figures I'd dare say that GTA San Andreas would've quite easily won most of that years awards.

Personally, if I could put a top 5 up (and I'm still going to be leaving out way too many games) this would be it.

GOTY Nominees:
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Backing up from the best game of 2009 and one of the best this gen, will deliver.

inFAMOUS 2 - Has that Uncharted 2 feel to it, just looks to be taking a HUGE step up from inFAMOUS.

Portal 2 - Portal was insanely good, Portal 2 is going to be more of the same only bigger and better. Co-op too!

L.A. Noire - Probably the only one with the potential to end up disappointing. It may be a bit Mafia-ish in that the city just ends up a bit dead outside of the main missions. That being said, everything looks fantastic up until now.

Mass Effect 3 - Still not 100% sure this will be out in 2011 (I'm guessing early 2012 tbh). But if it is this year, then it'll be amongst the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a couple that come to mind.

Portal 2
KZ3
LBP 2
Dead Space 2
L.A Noire
Brink
Infamous 2
Mortal Kombat
Rage (wasn't this voted best at E3 last year?)
U3
Forza 4
Resistance 3
Battlefield 3
I'm sure there are more.

Im not saying that all these games are going to blow others out of the water but surely they will be in contention for goty.

**** I must have missed the release dates for UC3, MK, Infamous 2, Noire and Portal 2. Didnt know they were already out. I'll have to pop by my local EB. Big weekend ahead of me.
As Sacka said none are out yet.

UC3 is set for November. inFAMOUS 2 set for June.

Portal 2 is out next Thursday, MK has been pushed back to come out in 2 weeks now (although was RC'd in Aus, so you have to order overseas...mightyape.com.au are doing orders). LA Noire is out next month.

The Witcher 2
LA Noire
Battlefield 3
Red Orchestra 2
The Old Republic
Diablo 3 (prob not coming, I know)

It'll be one of those for me, I'm sure.

As of this moment though, Crysis 2 is my GOTY but I'd be very disappointed if it stayed that way.

if skyrim or mass effect 3 are indeed released this year it will be out of those 2 for the majority of website goty awards imo.....game reviewers absolutely love great rpgs and those would have to be the 2 best.

i can't imagine any game being better to me than what i'm feeling infamous2 and uncharted3 will be however.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back