Portfolio 2012 AFL Designs (by TheDoctor11)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: TheDoctor's 2012 AFL Designs

Well. That wasn't exactly the kit that I thought would get the most discussion. But here's the next 3.

portadelaide.png

With Port, I darkened the teal back to the 1997 shade, and added a number panel similar to the Magpies. I decided on a silver clash, as I'm not exactly a fan of the white clash here.

richmond.png

Richmond's kits stay the same, exept for the clash. The side panels were removed in favour of yellow cuffs and collar, shorts and socks.

atkilda.png

I really like how the black cuffs look for the Saints, gives the kit a harder edge IMO. I changed the clash to one based off the 2004 heritage.

Here's the last set

sydney.png

For the Swans, I kept the home and away same, as they are already fantastic jumpers. The Melbourne jumper is simply the old South Melbourne jumper with a sharpened V.

westcoast.png

West Coast use their wings here, ditching the tripanel. Yellow Peril becomes the clash

westernbulldogs.png

The Dogs return to their 54 jumper here, with an inversion for the clash.

These are great, but I'd love to see some color for Collingwood just to have some fun. Any ideas?

A darker shade of black and a lighter shade of white would be perfect.

TheDoctor11;22391776 [IMG said:
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i398/tredders7/richmond.png[/IMG]

Richmond's kits stay the same, exept for the clash. The side panels were removed in favour of yellow cuffs and collar, shorts and socks.

Richmond have effectively three colours to work with in a clash jumper (Black, yellow & white). For me the sash doesn't provide enough of a differentiation as a clash, the yellow sides they currently use just looks bad.

I like the traditional style of hoops or stripes in a 2 or 3 colour combo as the basis of a Richmond clash.

The jumpers debate. Gotta love it.

The Gold vs Yellow debate makes me think about the Demons situation this year where the red looked pink. Gold might be the official colours but for TV yellownlooks a lot better. A few years ago the Australian cricket team changed from Gold to Green as their home colour. They used Gold for the letters and numbers and changed it one year because it's too hard to see on TV.

The Hawthorn colour is Gold. the jumper colour is yellow. These are facts.

The Doctor, firstly great job on the teams. I might sound nit picky but I don't mean any offense.

Firstly teams should not be allowed to have 3 jumpers. This isn't the NBA, 2 is sufficient, hence why of all the jumpers you have done I dislike the GWS one the most. Football jumpers don't have pinstripes on them. A few of your changes (GC and Bris) show that the classic designs work the best. Hell both Port and Freo have shown this to be true.

I can't believe it took North so long to work out their new away jumper. Looks sensational.

Can someone, anyone tell me why the WCE still wear a royal blue jumper when they got rid of that colour years ago? They have a navy blue home jumper and a white away jumper, that's enough.

Having said that I wanted to putbthis out there. I'm a Carlton fan and even though I don't really like the baby blue jumper it sells. I know I see a lit of fans wearing the white jumper as well. We live in a commercial age and I think teams should take advantage of this. I couldn't care lessnif the Blues wear red, green, orange whatever, we will always be the Blues, always wear Navy Blue at home so who cares what we wear away?

The reason? Think Man U. Red at home, a different colour on the road every year. Yet wen always know that it's Man U, usually by the sponsors logo on the top. The classic CFC will always adorn the front of the Blues jumper so the colour doesn't matter to me.

If clubs become more proactive they are sitting on a goldmine, but too many traditional fans will kick up a fuss. Guess what, it hasn't been a traditional comp for a few decades now, let's get progressive.

Oh and it's time Port stopped this Teal crap. Yes it was popular In the 90's but it's gone now. The reason they added Teal was to represent the water of the surrounding port area. I always thought water was represented by the colour blue? Just a thought.

Oh and it's time Port stopped this Teal crap. Yes it was popular In the 90's but it's gone now. The reason they added Teal was to represent the water of the surrounding port area. I always thought water was represented by the colour blue? Just a thought.

Teal ain't goin anywhere. It's on the 2004 cup so it's a part of history now. I actually would've preferred blue personally (as you suggested) but for better or worse Teal is now one of our colours.....and at the very least it's unique! :D

portadelaide.png

With Port, I darkened the teal back to the 1997 shade, and added a number panel similar to the Magpies. I decided on a silver clash, as I'm not exactly a fan of the white clash here.

Love the white number panel. Also I'm for the silver clash but with a black and white double-V. Teal and silver don't really look that great next to each other and a black/white V would not only look sharper but also go down much better with Port people.

Also we went back to the 1997 shade when we start using the double-V jumper (see the picture of Kane shitting himself below).

689098-kane-cornes.jpg

By that logic you are saying IF (and I know it's a non point now) the Dockers had won a premiership before 2010 then they would not have got rid of the green and red? And the WCE have removed the royal blue from their logo since winning premierships (even though they wear it). Melbouren and Fitzroy have changed shades of colour as well over the years.

I dont think it would be a stretch to change teal to blue IMO.

I just think that teal is the only non 'basic' colour in the league and it doesn't work anymore.

I actually think that the Power wants to get rid of the teal from their colour scheme. It's hardly evident in the logo and I think they had an opportunity to do a teal away jumper and they went with white instead, like most other teams do. Now THAT would have been a unique away strip!

By that logic you are saying IF (and I know it's a non point now) the Dockers had won a premiership before 2010 then they would not have got rid of the green and red? And the WCE have removed the royal blue from their logo since winning premierships (even though they wear it). Melbouren and Fitzroy have changed shades of colour as well over the years.

I dont think it would be a stretch to change teal to blue IMO.

I just think that teal is the only non 'basic' colour in the league and it doesn't work anymore.

I actually think that the Power wants to get rid of the teal from their colour scheme. It's hardly evident in the logo and I think they had an opportunity to do a teal away jumper and they went with white instead, like most other teams do. Now THAT would have been a unique away strip!

There are a few examples here so I'll go through them one by one.

Dockers. They didn't actually replace red and green, they got rid of them altogether. We can't get rid of teal and just have black and white for obvious reasons. And who knows, if the 2010 cup was drapped in purple, red, green and white then it probably would've been a harder decision to go just purple and white in 2011.

Eagles. They wear the royal in finals because they had premiership success in it. That example really supports what I'm saying rather than opposes it.

Melbourne/Fitzroy. Those changes were made to somehow take advantage of colour TV (not sure how exactly :confused:), which is a fairly unique scenario.

In regards to Port not wanting teal anymore I don't think that is quite the case. The club is trying to get back to its traditional roots so it's emphasising the black and white (black especially) more in it's on and off field wear and making teal more of a trim colour. So it's more a situation of maximising the black/white rather than minimising the teal is you get what I mean. Therefore even if we did change it the teal to blue it would still be a minor colour and used sparingly as a result.

WCE have had that many changes to their jumper I don't think tradition is their strong point! Anyone else remember the colour Orca? (it's the orange I believe)

Jose, you raise a really interesting point that I would love the view of a fan. You mentioned 'getting back to their roots' but the roots of the Port Adelaide Power only go back to 1997ish.

Are you a Magpies fan that came over when the Power came into existence and do you feel that the 2 clubs are one of the same?

FWIW I think the biggest problem they have is trying to embrace their Magpie days as it alienates the rest of the state, but I judge from afar.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCE have had that many changes to their jumper I don't think tradition is their strong point! Anyone else remember the colour Orca? (it's the orange I believe)

Jose, you raise a really interesting point that I would love the view of a fan. You mentioned 'getting back to their roots' but the roots of the Port Adelaide Power only go back to 1997ish.

Are you a Magpies fan that came over when the Power came into existence and do you feel that the 2 clubs are one of the same?

FWIW I think the biggest problem they have is trying to embrace their Magpie days as it alienates the rest of the state, but I judge from afar.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

There are 1000's of threads here on BF explaining all that is wrong with this sentence so if you're interested look them up. I don't mean to be rude at all, it's just that it's a dead horse that has been well flogged!

My family supported the Eagles (WWT) so I didn't grow up as a Magpie. But Port are in my neck of the woods, and when given a choice between a club that earnt its spot in the national league and a glorified McDonalds franchise, it was a pretty easy choice. I actually found out recently that Port Adelaide and West Torrens merged their playing lists for three years during WW2 due to a player shortage, and even won a premiership together (the 1942-44 premierships aren't counted however because the SANFL had been reduced to a 4 team competition during this time). This isn't really relevant to anything, I just found it interesting!

I do take an interest in how the Eagles are goin these days but I'm just as interested in how the up-coming Power boys are travelling in the local league (if you don't know, Port and Crows players get distributed relatively evenly amongst the 9 SANFL clubs).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back