2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought LA had the better of the chances and in reality NJ got two luckyish goals.

Unless Quick throws another one into the net in each of the next two games the Kings will close this out eventually.

True, but for the first time these playoffs, all the pressure is on LA. Wonder if Quick will feel any nerves.

True, but for the first time these playoffs, all the pressure is on LA. Wonder if Quick will feel any nerves.
He looked very shaky today. Some of the regulation saves he bobbled (one that Carter almost put away on the rebound, if he was as tall as Chara) and that scramble for the puck in the second was just strange. He was chasing it like Tom and Jerry.

The world is a big place, full of much variety and people. There are certain sports that are like #1 all-time as a person's favorite, and they tend to be parochial one-teamers lifers. Like myself (Raiders). Then there are a bunch of sports on a sliding scale of #2, #3 etc. And while the interest is right up there (i'm a huge sports fan), one can embrace multiple teams, or flip flop, or even be a bandwagoner if they want. I'm not one, but I don't begrudge bandwagoners etc. It doesn't matter, for everyone it's different. Hockey is #2 for me, but it doesn't make me an 'elephant man' if i happen to barrack for two teams. In basketball, my #3, I only like the Pacers. In baseball, my #4, I like two teams again, Dodgers and A's. Soccer, which is my least favorite sport, i only like one team Fulham. Depends what I like and don't like from sport to sport, and the reasonings for picking a team can be all different, some starting superficially, some starting thru attachments with people from there or who supported those teams, some thru living in specific locations, some thru liking a player/coach/owner, some thru parental upbringing, etc.

The world is a big place, full of much variety and people. There are certain sports that are like #1 all-time as a person's favorite, and they tend to be parochial one-teamers lifers. Like myself (Raiders). Then there are a bunch of sports on a sliding scale of #2, #3 etc. And while the interest is right up there (i'm a huge sports fan), one can embrace multiple teams, or flip flop, or even be a bandwagoner if they want. I'm not one, but I don't begrudge bandwagoners etc. It doesn't matter, for everyone it's different. Hockey is #2 for me, but it doesn't make me an 'elephant man' if i happen to barrack for two teams. In basketball, my #3, I only like the Pacers. In baseball, my #4, I like two teams again, Dodgers and A's. Soccer, which is my least favorite sport, i only like one team Fulham. Depends what I like and don't like from sport to sport, and the reasonings for picking a team can be all different, some starting superficially, some starting thru attachments with people from there or who supported those teams, some thru living in specific locations, some thru liking a player/coach/owner, some thru parental upbringing, etc.
Fair enough mate :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greatly mistaken there. As annoying as walking past a drunk bum asleep on the footpath, that's where you sit in the world of sports fandom, "supporting" Foolham and liking basketball caps it off.

You are an elephant man. :thumbsu:

You're still mistaken. I reckon you annoyed the bloke a few pages ago who repeatedly told you to fŭck off, though...

You are a polygamist in the world of sport, scorned upon by most and rightly so. You are, in fact, the Elephant Man.

Good to see you at the footy on the weekend. :thumbsu:

f9e85168.jpg

Nah, no intensity here. This is on par with having an educational conversation with the village idiot who swears blind that 2+2 equals five.

Didn't have to search for that photo of you either. Someone sent it to me saying, "Look at this díckhead!" :D

You're still putting in effort into someone who you supposedly would just walk by without a second thought (a drunk asleep). Yet here you are still going on and on about it.....because.....i got you flustered bad PalaceGun ;)

Before you entirely derail this thread with your dribble, I'm sure others would like to get back to talking about the Stanley Cup :eek:

Alright fellas, that'll do. Game 6 tonight, there are more important things to talk about. I'll start deleting posts after this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back