2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of people on this post want to know about the Chiltern coach. Have a look in the Border Mail each Monday and you will see how well he is going.

My thoughts on this week's round of matches:

Barnawartha vs Mitta United - Match of the Round and the Tigers can consolidate with a win here over the Bushmen in what should be a ripper game.
Beechworth vs Tallangatta - The Bushrangers stole the chocolates last week and look to feast on the Grasshoppers this week.
Chiltern vs Yackandandah - The Swans were a bit disappointing last week but should restore order with a comfortable win over the Kangaroos.
Wodonga Saints vs Kiewa Sandy Creek - A big win for the Hawks last week will send shivers thru the Saints players as the visitors go on a scoring rampage.
Thurgoona vs Rutherglen - The premiership favourites shouldn't have any issues racking up a big score here against the Cats. The Bulldogs by 100+ points.
Wahgunyah vs Dederang Mt Beauty - Injuries cost the Lions a win last week and a depleated squad won't be able to match it with the Bombers

Wahgunyah vs Dederang Mt Beauty - Injuries cost the Lions a win last week and a depleated squad won't be able to match it with the Bombers

Wake Wake, I think you have a mix up here?

Any news on that piss weak effort last Saturday from Alex Beggs? King hit a Thurgoona player from behind knocking three teeth out.
Poor fella won't get much change out of $10,000 for dental work from all reports.
Happened in front of the local Police officer and he couldn't get out of there quick enough.

Any news on that piss weak effort last Saturday from Alex Beggs? King hit a Thurgoona player from behind knocking three teeth out.
Poor fella won't get much change out of $10,000 for dental work from all reports.
Happened in front of the local Police officer and he couldn't get out of there quick enough.
Maybe that "poor fella" should be prepared for a punch in the head the next time he feels the need to antagonize people and instigates a push and shove. As for your weak as piss comment about the local police officer , grow some balls and go and air your views to him in person instead of hiding behind a keyboard and writing disrepectful things about a man who is obviously better than yourself.

Maybe that "poor fella" should be prepared for a punch in the head the next time he feels the need to antagonize people and instigates a push and shove. As for your weak as piss comment about the local police officer , grow some balls and go and air your views to him in person instead of hiding behind a keyboard and writing disrepectful things about a man who is obviously better than yourself.

Bit harsh djh52. If all he did was antagonize people into a bit of push and shove I wouldn't reckon that justifies a king hit 50m off the ball. Great defence at the tribunal "oh but he pushed me". Maybe Beggsy should grow some balls if that's the only way he can respond to being stirred up.

League is investigating apparently so suppose that will sort it out. Plenty of witnesses. Will get rubbed out for a few I'd reckon.

Fair call about the cop - could have left for whatever reason and might not have even seen it.

These things happen in footy mate. He should of been wearing a mouth guard.

So if the Mitta bloke gets knocked out behind play next time he plays Thurgoona do we say, too bad, these things happen, he should have been wearing a helmet.

s**t comment - s**t act!:thumbsdown:

Sorry to change the subject but what a surprisingly enjoyable game of footy to watch yesterday between thrurgoona and rutherglen. Really close, hard, toughly contested game of country footy which was a pleasure to watch. Well Done to both teams. that is why we watch country footy, to watch games like that. Was an absolute cracker.

Wasnt there, didnt see the incident (or the game), and I know nothing about it. But I really hope your not seriously justifying a punch in the head on the grounds of antagonism. Im sorry but its not ok to whack blokes in the gob just because they have got under their skin

I don't think anyone needs to be prepared or deserves a king hit from behind and three of their teeth knocked out, it's a dog act end of story.

As for the local police officer, I was there and saw it happened directly in front of where he was standing and he left straight after the incident. I'll give him the benifit of the doubt, maybe he didn't see it and had to go but hardly rate that as a "weak as piss" comment.

As for my keyboard comment, at least I get to the footy mate and support my team instead of pulling my dick over the computer at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think anyone needs to be prepared or deserves a king hit from behind and three of their teeth knocked out, it's a dog act end of story.

As for the local police officer, I was there and saw it happened directly in front of where he was standing and he left straight after the incident. I'll give him the benifit of the doubt, maybe he didn't see it and had to go but hardly rate that as a "weak as piss" comment.

As for my keyboard comment, at least I get to the footy mate and support my team instead of pulling my dick over the computer at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon.
I was at the game along with 500 other people and for the 10 Thurgoona supporters who saw it stop bagging a bloke who has been a gun ball player of the comp for the last 10 years. From the other 490 people who saw it yes he did give him a little jab to the chops but your kidding yourself if it was a king hit.
You have short memories only a couple of years ago your players used to practise king hits on their team mates at training , even in the 3rds they were that dirty. Now take your good sports club award and hang it next to your responsible service of alcohol awrd and put it in your trophy cabinet because its empty

Beggsy is a great player and has been for a while, but since I've heard of this incident several have informed me that this is not the first case, he has just been lucky not to knock someones teeth out. s**t happens on a footy field players know that, but that doesn't mean players shouldn't get rubbed out for their actions if they did in fact occur.

If this one is being investigated then they will find the answer.

I hear the interleague side is looking grim, anyone know whats going on?

Did Durbridge behave himself this weekend?

Common Cents; Did Durbridge behave himself this weekend?[/QUOTE said:
NO!
has small mans syndrome in a big way. Even Chiltern locals are worried of his "looseness". at one stage in the 3rd qtr he charged at the yack runner! just missed which was lucky, as it happened near the Yack bench, so plenty of witnesses.

These things happen in footy mate. He should of been wearing a mouth guard.

That is the biggest ******** statement ive read on here ever.
If the same incident had of happened in the street he would be standing in front of a Magistrate. What is it about a paddock with a white line around it that makes it in any way acceptable?

Wahgunyah vs DMB could be an interesting game this weekend with Wahgunyah beating Yack a fortnight ago and DMB losing to Yack last week. Although the Lions had a bad loss to Beechworth last weekend and suffered a few injuries with Mclaughlan, R. Deas and Smith all being injured and unlikely to play this week. both teams need to bounce back with a win and expect it to be a hard fought clash. Mitta vs Barny could also be an interesting clash but i would expect Mitta to come out on top. they would be taking a bit of confidence from last week knowing they arent far off from matching it with thurgoona. Bit more fitness and possibly could be a big threat to Thurgoona? i would expect Thurgoona to stomp the Cats back down this week after their first win against the Saints last week.

Any news come out about Chilterns coach??

Went and had a look at he Wahgunyah V DMB game on the weekend in what was a free flowing and high scoring game.Wahgunyah looked pretty good the coach will only get better after being out for so long and they could cause a few headaches when playing at home for the remainder of the season, what wasnt good was the umpireing its very hard for opposition sides when so called central or club umpires are calling all Wahgunyah players by name or nickname and any close calls go the home sides way, this didnt impact the result but was very obvious when the club umpire had control of the game

Went and had a look at he Wahgunyah V DMB game on the weekend in what was a free flowing and high scoring game.Wahgunyah looked pretty good the coach will only get better after being out for so long and they could cause a few headaches when playing at home for the remainder of the season, what wasnt good was the umpireing its very hard for opposition sides when so called central or club umpires are calling all Wahgunyah players by name or nickname and any close calls go the home sides way, this didnt impact the result but was very obvious when the club umpire had control of the game

Thank God DJ, someone getting back onto the footy. Agree the Lions will cause some trouble from here on in, Dodd is a gun and they have missed him thus far. Disappointing result for DMB, a win would've kept them right in the mix but will have to be at their best for the rest of the season to make finals now. Umpiring is in disarray, the worst it's ever been and the Umpires adviser can't see the forest for the trees. The League has done nothing to address the problem.

NO!
has small mans syndrome in a big way. Even Chiltern locals are worried of his "looseness". at one stage in the 3rd qtr he charged at the yack runner! just missed which was lucky, as it happened near the Yack bench, so plenty of witnesses.

seems there is a few on here intent on knocking durbidge, maybe these knockers need to worry about their own clubs. especially yack, only had probably two winners on on the ground all day on saturday (castles and mcneil). injuries or not, they just werent up to it.

in other games, would have thought barny would have had too much firepower for mitta but the mountain men keep rolling on. probably the best start they have had in years so an ominous sign for the rest of the comp.

Kiewa, just cruised kicking 26 goals, was expecting worse damage so the saints must be improving each week.

And rutherglen taking it up to thurgoona, are thurgoona just coasting and leaving their best footy to later in the year? win is a win, but thought they would have pumped the cats.

Who is playing interleague saturday? from all reports Hume FL only had 7 at training last week. Is the TDFL getting any better numbers? lets hope the players get behind the league and turn up at TDFL training this week.

That is the biggest ******** statement ive read on here ever.
If the same incident had of happened in the street he would be standing in front of a Magistrate. What is it about a paddock with a white line around it that makes it in any way acceptable?

If you tackled someone to the ground in the street it wouldn't be looked kindly upon either. Whether you like it or not, things are a bit different on the field and I think all players would be aware of this when they run out each game. Wake up to yourself

If you tackled someone to the ground in the street it wouldn't be looked kindly upon either. Whether you like it or not, things are a bit different on the field and I think all players would be aware of this when they run out each game. Wake up to yourself

From your statements, anyone is fair game for a smack in the mouth on the footy field. Can we take it a step further and maybe kick them in the head if they are on the ground? Your club must be very proud of someone condoning king hits - or are you from a club that supports these actions?

Most footballers run onto the ground to play football, re get the football or stop your opponent from getting the football - smacking someone in the head or expecting to be smacked in the probably shouldn't play a part in it.

Pretty disappointing that people are prepared to justify players being hit on the field. There's no place for it; and antagonism is hardly grounds for punching someone in the face.

Back to the footy, how open is the premiership race right now? Chiltern and Barny look likely if they can string some form together, Mitta continue to surprise and Thurgoona just keep on keeping on.

Yack have to be the biggest disappointments thus far, really need to turn their form around given the talent they possess.

Pretty disappointing that people are prepared to justify players being hit on the field. There's no place for it; and antagonism is hardly grounds for punching someone in the face.

Back to the footy, how open is the premiership race right now? Chiltern and Barny look likely if they can string some form together, Mitta continue to surprise and Thurgoona just keep on keeping on.

Yack have to be the biggest disappointments thus far, really need to turn their form around given the talent they possess.

Incredibly interesting season to date and over the next 4 rounds. Usually by Rnd 7 the 5 has taken shape, with only 2010 throwing up any changes after R7. (Kiewa 2 pts behind Tallangatta replaced them in the 5 at seasons end). With 11 wins usually getting you in, Thurgoona looks safe on 7 to date, Mitta have had a good start to the season, unlike 2009 & 10 when slow starts cost them a spot in the finals, have an easier draw so will definitely get 11. Kiewa also look safe with Tallangatta twice, Saints & Rutherglen providing 4 of the 6 wins needed. Chiltern is an interesting one, crucial 2 weeks coming up, playing Dederang & Wahgunyah, win those 2 and it's back to Sept for the Swans. Barny, DMB & Yack on 4 wins may fight out 5th with Barny favoured with a better draw and a little bit more depth. Yack & DMB depth being really tested with a few injuries at the moment, next 4 weeks crucial to their chances. Wahgunyah is the interesting one, obviously hit form and have enough talent, depth is a problem and probably need a better start than 3-4 to make finals but can see them shaping the five at some stage and no team will be comfortable going down to the den needing 4 points.

I was at the game along with 500 other people and for the 10 Thurgoona supporters who saw it stop bagging a bloke who has been a gun ball player of the comp for the last 10 years. From the other 490 people who saw it yes he did give him a little jab to the chops but your kidding yourself if it was a king hit.
You have short memories only a couple of years ago your players used to practise king hits on their team mates at training , even in the 3rds they were that dirty. Now take your good sports club award and hang it next to your responsible service of alcohol awrd and put it in your trophy cabinet because its empty

It's very empty, it's the same award :eek::eek::eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back