2013-14 amalgamated non-league thread

Remove this Banner Ad

moomba - How hard is it to get from London to leagues in the 6th/7th tier?
I'm staying in London on Aug 22-25. That'd probably be the 2nd/3rd game of the season and rather than going to EPL again I think going to see FCUM would be better.
But if I have to get up to Blyth, or Colwyn Bay or something, it might be tough.

moomba - How hard is it to get from London to leagues in the 6th/7th tier?
I'm staying in London on Aug 22-25. That'd probably be the 2nd/3rd game of the season and rather than going to EPL again I think going to see FCUM would be better.
But if I have to get up to Blyth, or Colwyn Bay or something, it might be tough.

Train system is pretty expensive, but it gets most places.

2 and a bit hours to Manchester, and it's not going to be a great hike anywhere else in that league or the one above (except Oxford, that would be easier from London).

If I was you I'd wait for the draw and see which game is on when you're in the UK. Plan it right, and you could probably find a decent premier league game in the NW on the same weekend.

There'd be 2-3 games in London, so I can do that if need be.
But lower division schedules come out later, and it would be cutting it close in getting tickets to EPL if FCUM doesn't line up.

So, history was telling me to be worried.
Played buxton 5 times at Gigg Lane.
Have never beaten them, have a 0-1-4 record vs them at home.
3min in. Greaves goal.

1-0 up. Lets go for the throat! Close down GD!!!!!!!!!

Vauxhall Motors (Tier 6) have resigned from Conference North this coming season to join the West Cheshire League (tiers 11-13).
Why didn't Portsmouth just do that? Resign from the Premier League to go down to rebuild, rather than having to deal with huge expenses they couldn't keep ontop of?
is the resignation due to costs? Must suck for the players!

3-0 win.
Secured top 5 (top 4 actually)
Remaining games in hand throughout the league being played tonight.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I can't see Chorley dropping points. 2nd-3rd is the realistic range atm (even if 1-4 is possible)

Here's hoping Blyth (7th) can take down Ashton (3rd) tonight. Would just about ensure 2nd and homefield advantage through playoffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon you hatters...cambridge lost which means...........Champions!!!!!!!!

I shall buy a pint for the first Kidderminster fan I see. I never thought they'd catch us but I didn't think it'd be this simple. Still always best to enjoy the seemingly straight forward moments because they're few and far between at Luton Town.

Wasnt that late on. Probably 15 minutes left and both sides had chances to score again.

Yeah was around the 72nd I think. More meant NFU had lead for most of the game (think they scored within 20 minutes from memory?)

Hopefully Ashton take down Skelmersdale on Saturday, it'll just about make the Monday game a dead rubber for them, hopefully giving us an easier run into playoffs.

Last chance for Alty as far as automatic promotion goes. Nth Ferriby and Telford 4 points ahead with 3 games to go, only one goes up automatically. 2nd to 5th go into the playoffs.

Alty away at Stockport on Friday night. It wasnt that long ago that Stockport did the double over City in the 3rd division. And didn't the twats love it. So hopefully Alty will get some revenge on my behalf on Friday.

Then just a matter of hoping for a couple of slip ups from the two above.

OWN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!
Tied it back at 2-2 after the break.
Just as Grantham get a goal vs Fylde
And Whitby tied vs Chorley

All we need now it 1 more goal for us and it's a perfect week.

NORTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
84th minute, up 3-2.

Puts us 3 points clear of 3rd and 1 point behind 1st with 2 games to go.

Just need to hang on.

Though, a Whitby goal would be lovely now....

HOORAY!
Held on.
1st drew
We won
3rd lost
5th beat 6th

I haven't seen any updates from Worksop for a while. Last thing I saw was they were up 3-1. Wouldn't mind them going down, but it doesn't matter too much.

1 point behind 1st, 3 points ahead of 3rd.
2 games left in the season.

Should be a huge crowd on Monday. 2nd vs 5th with the shot to go top with 1 game left.

With Nth Ferriby and Telford winning today, and Alty drawing at Stockport last night automatic promotion is looking unlikely. 6 points behind both with 2 games in hand, but better gd than both.

So playoffs it is, and to be honest I'm very much looking forward to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back