Position 2013 bargains

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want to use Cloke as an example here. Out of the 7.7% that currently own him, I wonder how many of those are even half serious DT players
Exactly, 5% ownership isn't unique if that 5% is within the top 10% of performing teams for instance; similarly Cloke is likely to a unique pick in the context of the top performing teams.

Edit: Or what VSTone said.

This:

Keystone agony said:
Yeh i know it just used it as an example for 8% which isnt unique. I said 4-5% or less is unique.

Source for explanation of how 4-5% is "unique" and where it fails to be?

I'm not questioning the % chosen in AC, I'm asking you where you got your definitons from because I suspect they came from the same place you get all of your stuff from.

Its just my opinion, i was asked what i see as being unique % wise and i said 4-5%. Its my opinion.

I just want to use Cloke as an example here. Out of the 7.7% that currently own him, I wonder how many of those are even half serious DT players...as in finished inside the top 100k last year? 1%? 2%? Because the below average or novice DT player just picks players they know are good players in real life, but would be unaware of why said player gun is so cheap in DT in comparison to other players of equal or lesser playing ability.

Over 10% of people have Daniel Talia :oops:

Over 10% of people have Daniel Talia :oops:

IMO Unique is based off a players selection in the top 10,000 DT teams. Out of those 10,000 i would say unique is less than 8%.

I'm pulling this figure out of my arse, but I would think that less than 1% of top 10k teams would be starting the season with Cloke in their team. (and I think I'm being a tad generous with the 1%)

Yea I saw that, interesting.... Teams will be named shortly so you don't have to wait too much longer...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patrick Dangerfield has selected Luke Brown from the crows in his backline @ $147,700
Was always going to play his jobs on Eddie Betts/Garlett was very good and with Tambling missing 4-5 weeks of football competition it was very likely he would play. Unsure how well he will score though, he will be named.

i finished around 2000-2500 last year. and am starting with cloke. but im just after league win again. last year won 4/5 leagues i was in. however after cloke gains some cash i will ditch him, depending on his form. I think that lynch will help his scoring, as better forward than dawes. Plus I dont believe there are that many good forward rookies so ok to have a couple of forward mid pricers - monfries, kennedy, cloke, karnezis etc

Hoping he gets named, could throw a spanner in the works for coaches adopting a guns/rookies strategy.

I've actually deliberately moved away from that in the past few days, allowing a few extra dollars just in case there are next-to-no rookies named....

Just took Kane Mitchell out and put in Koby Stevens with the spare cash I had, he's only priced $20K higher then Whitfield and should have better JS then someone like Mitchell who is a vest candidate and if it doesn't work out I can always trade him back down to a gun rook on the bubble in a couple of weeks. Anyone else considered this strategy?

Just took Kane Mitchell out and put in Koby Stevens with the spare cash I had, he's only priced $20K higher then Whitfield and should have better JS then someone like Mitchell who is a vest candidate and if it doesn't work out I can always trade him back down to a gun rook on the bubble in a couple of weeks. Anyone else considered this strategy?

I might but with Lucas instead...

Also Stevens/Lucas are both options for a sideways to Leuy in Rd2/3 if they don't work out utilising Blicavs DP

I might but with Lucas instead...

Also Stevens/Lucas are both options for a sideways to Leuy in Rd2/3 if they don't work out utilising Blicavs DP
I've gone set and forget in the rucks with the thinking that if Leuy performs well early in his first couple of games I might trade Jacobs down to Berger and then upgrade elsewhere. With Boyd going down though it meant I had an extra $100K spare then what I had budgeted for and with rookies the vest always has to be a concern or with Mitchell's poor foot skills he might be put into a Magner type role

Remove this Banner Ad

Back