Position 2013 bargains

Remove this Banner Ad

campbell heath is actually as good if not better kick than stevenson

had 81% efficiency,most intercept possesions and most rebound 50's

Stevenson had 100% efficiency ;)

Both are good kicks, but Stevenson has the mentality of a ball hunter whereas Heath has the mentality of a stopper. So if we're looking for rebound, which we damn well should be, then Stevenson should play every game he's fit for.

The way forward lines play the 2 talls with a resting ruck men, i personally think that Stevenson will get the nod for his rebounding ability and the other going to Hombsch. Hombsch is rated very highly by all, and i really think Carlile, Trengove and Jonas (who is very pacey and often plays on small forwards actually) are going to needs his support. I like Jonas, i think he could become a decent player but Carlile is very average at best. Conceded the most goals of any defender over the past 2 seasons. To be honest though he doesnt exactly have the best defence and midfield protection either. Hombsch is a decent mover fir someone his size and i reckon he would be a very welcome addition to ports KPPs.

Not sure if it was in this thread, or the Supercoach boards equivalent, but I pumped up Goldstein a while ago. Thought he could return to a 90ish average.

Ignore me. Not to say he won't return to a 95+ average, but too much of a risk now on the limited form we've seen. Just not worth leaking points if he doesn't perform early, which is looking more and more likely

Not sure if it was in this thread, or the Supercoach boards equivalent, but I pumped up Goldstein a while ago. Thought he could return to a 90ish average.

Ignore me. Not to say he won't return to a 95+ average, but too much of a risk now on the limited form we've seen. Just not worth leaking points if he doesn't perform early, which is looking more and more likely

Could Currie almost take the no. 1 ruck role off of him this year if they keep playing the way they are?

Could Currie almost take the no. 1 ruck role off of him this year if they keep playing the way they are?

I know it's a horrible thing to say and I'm a horrible person for even thinking it, but geez I wish Goldy would get injured (purely from a DT perspective of course)...at least long enough to miss the first 5-6 rounds or so. Imagine what you could do to the rest of your side if Curry was your R2

I know it's a horrible thing to say and I'm a horrible person for even thinking it, but geez I wish Goldy would get injured (purely from a DT perspective of course)...at least long enough to miss the first 5-6 rounds or so. Imagine what you could do to the rest of your side if Curry was your R2

Ive had that in my side a couple of times over the last few days. the extra 100-150k from downgrading berger is handy. But based on last nights performances Berger did look solid so i think ill stick with him for now. Currie definitely R3 for now and eyeing off a starting position alongside the mullet though ;)

Goldy just look disinterested in everything he does.

Ive had that in my side a couple of times over the last few days. the extra 100-150k from downgrading berger is handy. But based on last nights performances Berger did look solid so i think ill stick with him for now. Currie definitely R3 for now and eyeing off a starting position alongside the mullet though ;)

Goldy just look disinterested in everything he does.

With a hypothetical Goldy injury I was thinking more like R1 Berger & R2 Curry (R3 Daw & R4 89K) whole ruck division would only cost 550k :eek:

With a hypothetical Goldy injury I was thinking more like R1 Berger & R2 Curry (R3 Daw & R4 89K) whole ruck division would only cost 550k :eek:

True, you could do that and really bolster your midfield, or forward line even with such an average selection of cheepers options.

However i cannto resist the mullets numbers. Started off the year slow as he found his feet and then hit his strides big time. Was so effing consistent, and he barely has any competition. Slowed late in the year due to groin soreness that he had to manage and you could clearly see how it affected his game. his second efforts and movement around the ground were severely hampered. Kind of weird to say this but hes almost underpriced. Think he could average 100 this year quite comfortably. Looking to set and forget with Maric.

If cash is needed however the Currie Berger meal deal could go down a treat ;)

True, you could do that and really bolster your midfield, or forward line even with such an average selection of cheepers options.

However i cannto resist the mullets numbers. Started off the year slow as he found his feet and then hit his strides big time. Was so effing consistent, and he barely has any competition. Slowed late in the year due to groin soreness that he had to manage and you could clearly see how it affected his game. his second efforts and movement around the ground were severely hampered. Kind of weird to say this but hes almost underpriced. Think he could average 100 this year quite comfortably. Looking to set and forget with Maric.

If cash is needed however the Currie Berger meal deal could go down a treat ;)

It was just a hypothetical..I've got Cox & Maric as my rucks ATM with Curry as R3

It was just a hypothetical..I've got Cox & Maric as my rucks ATM with Curry as R3

Yeah i know but if you spend the money wisely in other areas and Berger/Currie score decently, it could be a risky move that puts you waaay up int he rankings.

Yeah i know but if you spend the money wisely in other areas and Berger/Currie score decently, it could be a risky move that puts you waaay up int he rankings.

True, I would still start Cox in the Fwds for insurance and a cheap R/F link..He'll end up being a top 6 fwd even if he wasn't a ruck, so is a must have either way. All depends on whether you think Curry can score higher than your F6...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much would Currie score? I couldnt see it being better than one of the better midfield Rookies.

Same same, (70something) but you could theoretically use the cash saved from going Cox/Maric>Curry then upgrading a starting bottom priced mid mid rook to a Murphy or Wines to a Pendles/Cotchin who should score at least 10-15 points per game more than Cox or Maric would in the rucks...

Same same, (70something) but you could theoretically use the cash saved from going Cox/Maric>Curry then upgrading a starting bottom priced mid mid rook to a Murphy or Wines to a Pendles/Cotchin who should score at least 10-15 points per game more than Cox or Maric would in the rucks...

OK I'm just not convinced that Curry wont score 10-15 less than 70 something.

Is certainly under priced ...can he go 95+ again though?

Cloke is seriously tempting at his current price but I have my avatar for a reason and I have my doubts after watching some Nab Cup games. Cloke seems to be playing deep in the forward line this year. In 2011 when he averaged 95 he had something like 150 marks for the year, last year he only had roughly 100 marks.

If Cloke is to replicate his DT output of 2011 he would need to be given license to roam up the wings alongside the boundary for the +6's. Buckley's game plan may have ruined Cloke as a fantasy prospect.

Cloke is seriously tempting at his current price but I have my avatar for a reason and I have my doubts after watching some Nab Cup games. Cloke seems to be playing deep in the forward line this year. In 2011 when he averaged 95 he had something like 150 marks for the year, last year he only had roughly 100 marks.

If Cloke is to replicate his DT output of 2011 he would need to be given license to roam up the wings alongside the boundary for the +6's. Buckley's game plan may have ruined Cloke as a fantasy prospect.

Agreed completely, Cloke & Buckley = very limited value in Cloke for DT, add ot this the presence of a functional 2nd tall in Q-Stick and Clokes appeal diminishes even further

I don't think Buckley has much choice but to play Cloke mainly as a deep forward. Lynch's strength is his endurance and he hasn't played as a deep forward for years now. Cloke is obviously more dangerous close to goal as well. When Lynch goes into the ruck Cloke might venture up to the wings but I just can't see him getting back to the 95 point average.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back