English Super League 2013 English Super League Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, NU, good as the Aussies were, I thought the Kiwis were pretty poor. They looked short of ideas in attack, their pack didn't stand up to the Aussies at all, their kicking game was very weak, they dropped ball...

I'd like to think that Sam Burgess and Jammer would have given them a tougher test. And Sinfield and/or Widdop might have kicked the odd 40-20. Were any attempted during the game? I don't recall. I'm going to re-watch the game now, I recorded it.

Honestly, NU, good as the Aussies were, I thought the Kiwis were pretty poor. They looked short of ideas in attack, their pack didn't stand up to the Aussies at all, their kicking game was very weak, they dropped ball...

I'd like to think that Sam Burgess and Jammer would have given them a tougher test. And Sinfield and/or Widdop might have kicked the odd 40-20. Were any attempted during the game? I don't recall. I'm going to re-watch the game now, I recorded it.
sinfield, he did not deserve to be in the world cup final and I think he knows why.

Watching him go around, he proved why he never tried to take on the NRL.

England are two good halves away from taking up a good fight to australia, imo widdop probably isnt the answer. You at the very least need someone of T Carney quality.

I'm sure he does! i've never been Sinfield's biggest fan, but Widdop is OK. We do have other options in the halves; Matty Smith, and of course, in a sane world, Danny Brough. Stefan Latchford too, but McNamara in his wisdom chose to ignore them. Sinfield is 30+ anyway, so England need to look at other options ASAP.

Actually i think Widdop COULD develop into one of the best halves in the game. Matty Smith is a quality halve along with young Johnny Lomax at St Helens but MacNamara couldn't pick his nose let alone a quality halve.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back