Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal
DREAM TEAM:

2012 Dream Team leagues and prizes

2012 BigFooty Dream Team Club Championships

In 2012 all 18 club boards will be represented by their top Dream Team league in the Club Championships.

Each week, nine 'matches' will take place with each club board up against another club board. After a finals series and grand final, the winning board will be crowned Club Board Dream Team Premier with all 18 players winning a winners tag under their BigFooty user name and a BFSC Gold membership (http://www.bigfooty.com//forum/image...-medallion.gif).

Weekly results will be reported on both the Dream Team Board and every club board.

What this means is that every club board needs to nominate their own top division to enter into the competition. Once this league is finalised and filled, the league organiser needs to contact SJ with the full list of teams and their team ID (ie. the number at the end of the link of that team's Dream Team page). Please name this league: 'BigFooty [Club] [Division]' (eg. BigFooty Geelong 1).

Individual club board Dream Team champion

The overall winner on every club board is eligible to to red winners tag (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/images...nner-board.gif) and BFSC Platinum membership (http://www.bigfooty.com//forum/image...-medallion.gif). It is up to each board and its moderators on how the winner is decided, whether that be through overall rank or league grand final winner.

Other BigFooty Dream Team leagues

The overall BigFooty Dream Team winner (based on overall ranking) wins a blue winners tag (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/images...eam-winner.gif) and BFSC Platinum membership (http://www.bigfooty.com//forum/image...-medallion.gif).

If you have not already done so, please feel free head to the Dream Team Board and register for a place in a league there. Often, many of these BigFooty leagues finish in the top 20 leagues in the competition. Registration threads will appear in the coming days for both new and past players.

SUPERCOACH:
2012 SuperCoach leagues and prizes

2012 BigFooty SuperCoach Club Championships

In 2012 all 18 club boards will be represented by their top SuperCoach league in the Club Championships.

Each week, nine 'matches' will take place with each club board up against another club board. After a finals series and grand final, the winning board will be crowned Club Board SuperCoach Premier with all 18 players winning a winners tag under their BigFooty user name and a BFSC Gold membership (http://www.bigfooty.com//forum/image...-medallion.gif).

Weekly results will be reported on both the SuperCoach Board and every club board.

What this means is that every club board needs to nominate their own top division to enter into the competition. Once this league is finalised and filled, the league organiser needs to contact SJ with the full list of teams and their team ID (ie. the number at the end of the link of that team's SuperCoach page). Please name this league: 'BigFooty [Club] [Division]' (eg. BigFooty Geelong 1).

Individual club board SuperCoach champion

The overall winner on every club board is eligible to to red winners tag (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/images...nner-board.gif) and BFSC Platinum membership (http://www.bigfooty.com//forum/image...-medallion.gif). It is up to each board and its moderators on how the winner is decided, whether that be through overall rank or league grand final winner.

Other BigFooty SuperCoach leagues

The overall BigFooty SuperCoach winner (based on overall ranking) wins a blue winners tag (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/images...ach-winner.gif) and BFSC Platinum membership (http://www.bigfooty.com//forum/image...-medallion.gif).

If you have not already done so, please feel free head to the SuperCoach Board and register for a place in a league there. Often, many of these BigFooty leagues finish in the top 20 leagues in the competition. Registration threads are there for both new and past players.

I'll post this on the main board for now so it gets more attention. Now, one problem, I can't seem to find our SC/DT thread from last year (something might have happened to it when I got the sub boards merged) so I don't know who was in league 1/2 for both SC and DT.

So, unless someone can find it, we are going to have to try and remember which league we were in but I doubt we'll remember who was relegated/promoted. Or, we just start from scratch? First in, best dressed?

Is anyone interested in running both or one of these this year?

Re: DreamTeam & SuperCoach Club Championships

I'm not doing SC/DT this year. Not only do I suck at it, after playing NFL Fantasy Football for several years I think SC/DT are really crappy, boring games.

Speaking of, does anyone know of an AFL Fantasy Football that is actually Fantasy Football and not "pick who you think the best players are" game?

Sorry, I'm being snarky because I'm angry that this inferior set up became popular in Australia rather than actual Fantasy Football. Hopefully we do well and win this competition.

I'm in for SC/DT. I was in div 2 last year for both, was runner up in DT, would like to be in div 1 this year if there is a spot.

What's the difference between SC/DT and Fantasy Football?

In Fantasy Football, you're in a league and every team in that league is unique. So if I have Adam Goodes in my team and we're in a league together, you can't have Adam Goodes. But if you want to trade me Sam Reid and Dan Hannebery for Adam Goodes, we might be able to work something out.

You get players initially from the draft. The way it works for American Fantasy Football is you can either just have an automated draft where the computer will pick for you based on pre-determined rankings or you can just do a complete draft together. After that you can bid for free agents or trade with other teams in your league and what not.

The whole 'head to head' set up and points taken from statistics are the same. Except with American Fantasy Football, the points are completely customisable. So you can set up leagues how ever you want.

I think it's more enjoyable because it's much more of a microcosm of the actual AFL. And it's much more fun following guys knowing that they're your players, and no one else in your league is benefiting from their play.

Yahoo runs the best Fantasy Football (and pretty much every other sport) set up. No idea what Yahoo7 couldn't just copy that exactly. Makes too much sense I guess.

Can I make a suggestion Aussie

Can we only have one thread related to DT/SC stuff on the main board. Non fantasy footballers get really pissed about it taking over the real discussion.

Perhaps you can index with links the first post to the threads on the General Chat board, whatever that might be called than.

That serves multiple purposes, it stops the main board being clogged up and will get people who sign in during the pre season to visit the general chat board and possibly retain them into the summer, which is one of the main purposes of the general chat to retain a community that will return during the summer.

What say you?

Generally I agree, confused about your 3rd line. Not sure what you mean by "links the first post to the threads".

I was thinking about having one DT/SC on the main board for queries from opposition posters (stickied, I'm not sure?). I fall into that category of posters who get annoyed about constant SC/DT related responses in the usual football topics.
This thread will be moved to the off topic board once we fill the league spots and will be purely for the Swans posters and our leagues.

That's assuming we get this off and running. I have little interest in SC/DT this year so it would probably be better if someone who is really into SC/DT can take over. I guess I'll try and keep an eye on it for now.

Generally I agree, confused about your 3rd line. Not sure what you mean by "links the first post to the threads".

I was thinking about having one DT/SC on the main board for queries from opposition posters (stickied, I'm not sure?). I fall into that category of posters who get annoyed about constant SC/DT related responses in the usual football topics.
This thread will be moved to the off topic board once we fill the league spots and will be purely for the Swans posters and our leagues.

That's assuming we get this off and running. I have little interest in SC/DT this year so it would probably be better if someone who is really into SC/DT can take over.

To clarify the third line If we start running multiple threads related to DT/SC

inevitably we will have ask a question about a player for DT/SC threads
if were running a sign up/talk about your team thread in a thread on the main board at ther same time it will annoy some people. So link it on the first page of the ask about a player for DT/SC thread.

But reading your post above I think were on the same page.

Ahh, I get you now. I'll leave it on the main board until the weekend and then move it too the off topic board.

Then the ask a question DT/SC thread can be started on the main board.

In Fantasy Football, you're in a league and every team in that league is unique. So if I have Adam Goodes in my team and we're in a league together, you can't have Adam Goodes. But if you want to trade me Sam Reid and Dan Hannebery for Adam Goodes, we might be able to work something out.

You get players initially from the draft. The way it works for American Fantasy Football is you can either just have an automated draft where the computer will pick for you based on pre-determined rankings or you can just do a complete draft together. After that you can bid for free agents or trade with other teams in your league and what not.

The whole 'head to head' set up and points taken from statistics are the same. Except with American Fantasy Football, the points are completely customisable. So you can set up leagues how ever you want.

I think it's more enjoyable because it's much more of a microcosm of the actual AFL. And it's much more fun following guys knowing that they're your players, and no one else in your league is benefiting from their play.

Yahoo runs the best Fantasy Football (and pretty much every other sport) set up. No idea what Yahoo7 couldn't just copy that exactly. Makes too much sense I guess.
Try fanfooty.com.au

Last years thread
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794233

SC Div 2 Results
GF Winner - Nightrain
GF Loser - Metal Heads
Loser Prelim 1 - Swannabes FFC
Loser Prelim 2 - Reigning Premiers
Loser Semi 1 - The Dashers
Loser Semi 2 - Battlestars
Loser Elim 1 - FIasco2
Loser Elim 2 - IS Adam Is Goodes
9th - Bloodstained Angels
10th - Blonde Ambition
11th - KizzaMyAss
12th - The Marauders
13th - Ice Warriors
14th - South Swans
15th - Indies22
16th - The Luff Divers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Costs $100 to start a league. No thanks.

I just wish DreamTeam or SuperCoach (which ever is less popular) would differentiate itself and move to a real fantasy football set up.

I played one last year based on the real fantasy set-up using dreamteam scoring.

http://www.ultimatefooty.com.au/

Zero cost - I think my league was set up via DT Talk.

Certainly a very different experience to playing standard SC/DT

I'm not doing SC/DT this year. Not only do I suck at it, after playing NFL Fantasy Football for several years I think SC/DT are really crappy, boring games.

Speaking of, does anyone know of an AFL Fantasy Football that is actually Fantasy Football and not "pick who you think the best players are" game?

Sorry, I'm being snarky because I'm angry that this inferior set up became popular in Australia rather than actual Fantasy Football. Hopefully we do well and win this competition.
While I havn't played it yet, I believe Supercoach GOLD is what your after. From my understanding it utilises a draft system to set up initial teams and I'm assuming you trade between those in your league for the 1 group of players.

Oh and I'd be very interested in joing a SMFC supercoach super-league!

BF Username: GotTheGoodes The Dashers

Costs $100 to start a league. No thanks.

I just wish DreamTeam or SuperCoach (which ever is less popular) would differentiate itself and move to a real fantasy football set up.
Doesn't sound right. Over at RWO we've run a league for at least five years running and we've never had to form out any cash. Note that I wasn't in charge of running the league so I can't be 100% sure

Edit: I found the page where it says $100. I believe that is very old content. In fact if you click on the Start a League link the only option available to you is the free season pass.

I was Div 1 in both, my team name was Insert Name Here, finished in the middle somewhere, keen to go again!

Thankfully I did this table when we signed up last year.

So only thing left is to remember who was relegated/promoted and if people are backing out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back