List Mgmt. 2013 Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly would prefer Ellis a Hawthorn required player who would be a great get for us

Now both Chapman & Ellis are both injury prone .......but at 31/32 Chapman has no room for error & is an unacceptable risk
Ellis on the other hand is also a massive risk but has a younger body & is IMO the better option
Since 2009 Chapman has had a pretty good run with injuries until this year and when he plays you know you're going to get something good from him. Ellis on the other hand really hasn't shown that much as a footballer who has spent at least 7 years on an AFL list. I'm not an Ellis fan at all, big injury risk for someone who hasn't shown much at this level.

Lake winning the norm Smith is not a reason for us to go after Chapman (as a player).

I highly doubt he would come to us to play anyway. Coach, perhaps, but not play.

Yeah finished, same as Lake last year for me.
I love what Chappy used to be as a player. Past tense.

On other threads I'm accused of wanting to live in the past, yet now I'm being questioned for not wanting to sign a player who is (almost) 32, whose body only allowed him to play 8 games this year?

Chapman was a really good player. He was a big game player of the highest order. I get that. The operative word in those sentences though is "was". The reality now is that he is too old and his body is constantly breaking down. There is just no sense in getting him as a player.

Now, if we were to sign him as a coach... that would have my full and complete support and backing.

On other threads I'm accused of wanting to live in the past, yet now I'm being questioned for not wanting to sign a player who is (almost) 32, whose body only allowed him to play 8 games this year?

Chapman was a really good player. He was a big game player of the highest order. I get that. The operative word in those sentences though is "was". The reality now is that he is too old and his body is constantly breaking down. There is just no sense in getting him as a player.

Now, if we were to sign him as a coach... that would have my full and complete support and backing.

Sadly, I agree :p

Would be a good coach to get. Grand final experience in the coaching box would be invaluable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it you didn't watch him play against Port Adelaide in the semi final then.
I did. Are you aware that he promptly broke down and wasn't available for selection the following week? He only played 8 of 24 games this year, missing the other 16 due to injuries. He's 32 (or will be in November) - his injury problems aren't going to get any better.

I did. Are you aware that he promptly broke down and wasn't available for selection the following week? He only played 8 of 24 games this year, missing the other 16 due to injuries. He's 32 (or will be in November) - his injury problems aren't going to get any better.

I thought he got suspended? o_O

On stuff all salary, as a free agent, I would be happy if he played 8 to 10 games for us in 2014. Quality, experience and leadership.

Are you aware that you completely made that up?

How embarrassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back