Opinion 2014-15 Cricket Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I love that ad, takes the mickey out of them badly.

North should make ads like that about our bunnies, there are a fair few of them too... Port, Richmond, Melbourne.

Pretty big statements by Aussie, NZ , South Africa and India
all got 300 and the other side didn't really threaten

Maxwell, Millar , and Anderson have all shown they have claims to be the Tournaments big hitters and Kohli is just class

Aussie V Poms :
England bowled absolute pies in their last 10 overs..Honestly Boycott would have scored at 10 an over against that. Finch & Bailey won the game with their stand. No way the POMs would score 300 ..not with their batting
Kiwi v Sri Lanka
It was freezing ! think it only got to 14 c all day. Malinga looked short of a gallop, NZ batted pretty well. Anderson iced the innings nicely
NZ bowling was pretty good. Boult and Milne bowled very well in their second spell. Boults 2 wickets were absolute peaches
South Africa v Zimmers game
Zimbabwae bowled really well for 10 overs on a slowish track. But then the small boundaries at Hamilton took over. 280 plus is a par score here. Millar hit the ball unbelievably well. Some big sixes !
Zimmers batting started off well too,. Just not enough class players in their team, but a good effort.
India V Pakistan
Kohil etc batted pretty responsibly and got a good total. Pakistan do what they always seem to do and unearthed a couple of good quicks.
But Pakistan batting is looking dodgy. Their best players are on the pension.

shame there was no real close game. But plenty of excellent cricket !.
International cricket on 2 channels..happy as a pig in poo at the moment !

good to see they caught a few of those filthy match betting types in Christchurch and turfed them out. You'd be silly to even try it in NZ..No kiwi male talks for more than 1 minute on a phone when there's cricket/beers on. Stick out like a dogs tackle

reckon. 30 off an over helps big time !
The zimbo's based on that should get through to the next stage, Windies, Ireland, UAE and one more upset should see them through.

Not sure if relevant... The 4 favourite sides (on paper) all batted first . (kiwi's were asked to bat) .All were expected to win and did so
Aussies were also asked to bat. England still s**t scared of us. Mitch Johnson is in their heads, baby. Was too much for Trott, Prior and Swann, and Morgan's looking ready to join them.

Perversely, Cook and Pietersen sit on the sidelines. The two that gave us the most problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aussies were also asked to bat. England still s**t scared of us. Mitch Johnson is in their heads, baby. Was too much for Trott, Prior and Swann, and Morgan's looking ready to join them.

Perversely, Cook and Pietersen sit on the sidelines. The two that gave us the most problems.

not sure I believe all that about being scared. Might have had more to do with all the rain you had in the morning.
Not a strong English side, but not sure if Pieterson would have been the saving grace. Its been a good 2-3 years since he's consistently been at his best.
and Cook couldn't score in a brothel at the moment. One 50 in his last 20 odd innings. so he wont save them

the big disappointment is Eion Morgan..he's a very good cricketer. Better than whats hes produced so far

England on Australian soil are bunnies
Pakistan are bunnies to India in WC.
Zimbabwe should be bunnies to any top team

Not really surprised at the results.

These wickets are crap though, they do not give enough to bowlers, hard to get any swing on them, they don't turn, there are never any cracks of note on the pitches, no moisture on them, it is like bowling on concrete.

I don't enjoy watching cricket just to see batsmen fail, I like to see bowlers given equal opportunity to excel.

England on Australian soil are bunnies
Pakistan are bunnies to India in WC.
Zimbabwe should be bunnies to any top team

Not really surprised at the results.

These wickets are crap though, they do not give enough to bowlers, hard to get any swing on them, they don't turn, there are never any cracks of note on the pitches, no moisture on them, it is like bowling on concrete.

I don't enjoy watching cricket just to see batsmen fail, I like to see bowlers given equal opportunity to excel.
True on all points, though the Zimbo's are probably the most capable of the minnows to topple the giant teams. They can beat windies, ireland, UAE and upset one other team, they'll be through where anything can happen, look at Kenya in 2003. Paki's are full of old farts and England choke when not in their conditions, same with the paki's.

True on all points, though the Zimbo's are probably the most capable of the minnows to topple the giant teams. They can beat windies, ireland, UAE and upset one other team, they'll be through where anything can happen, look at Kenya in 2003. Paki's are full of old farts and England choke when not in their conditions, same with the paki's.

I wouldn't be surprised if a minnow beats an established or strong team, in a perfect storm. Had Zimbabwe pressed the attack and triggered a mid-order collapse they could have beaten SA, they just need everything to go right rather than some things to go right.

I wouldn't be surprised if a minnow beats an established or strong team, in a perfect storm. Had Zimbabwe pressed the attack and triggered a mid-order collapse they could have beaten SA, they just need everything to go right rather than some things to go right.
Very true, windies struggled against the Irish a bit today.

About to be 5 from 5 (despite Ireland's impressive start). Can an underdog please win the toss & bat... Just to prove/disprove the theory.

Looks like I spoke too soon. The days of Garner, Roberts, Holding, et al... seem a long time ago now.

C'mon Ireland!!

Unlike the English team, most of the Irish guys were actually born in the country.

The zimbo's will flog the windies at this stage.
Yep. It's between the Zimbo's and the Irish for a QF spot. No way the Windies will make it out of the group stage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back