Canada [41] Vasek Pospisil and [7] Eugenie Bouchard
Czech Republic [45] Radek Stepanek and [15] Lucie Safarova
France [12] Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and [20] Alize Cornet
Great Britain [11] Andy Murray and [47] Heather Watson
Italy [18] Fabio Fognini and [16] Flavia Pennetta
Poland [36] Jerzy Janowicz and [6] Agnieszka Radwanska
United States [70] Jack Sock and [1] Serena Williams
http://hopmancup.com/news/2014/10/01/williams-and-tsonga-headline-stellar-field

Oh FFS - bought tickets specifically to see Kyrgios and Murray. Every year this happens!

Isner in for Sock is a good swap but. I like Benoit Paire too. The way he played with all those bogan Fanatic dickheads hurling abuse all night when he beat Kyrgios a couple of years ago was pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Kyrgios replaced by Ebden. :$

Oh dear, they could of asked anyone else and it would of been a better choice. Kyrgios again pulling out of a tournament is downright alarming, also very vague on the injury, just that it is a back injury.

Would have to question Kyrios playing during the off season in the IPL. Lots of fun and good money but not sure its the best preparation.

I feel a bit sorry for people that have bought tickets to the Hopman Cup. Players pulling out is a regular occurrence for them now a days. Not much the organisers can do but its not great for the reputation of the event.

Channel 7 News in Perth just tried to tell everyone that Ebden replacing Kyrgois is a good thing.

Would have to question Kyrios playing during the off season in the IPL. Lots of fun and good money but not sure its the best preparation.

I feel a bit sorry for people that have bought tickets to the Hopman Cup. Players pulling out is a regular occurrence for them now a days. Not much the organisers can do but its not great for the reputation of the event.

Yeah its really frustrating. Tickets aren't cheap and they don't offer refunds. Last year I hung out for months to watch Tomic v Janowicz front row, and Janowicz pulled out with a pulled heart muscle to be replaced by some unknown, who actually played out of skin.

Its normal practice for another 3/4 players pull out during the tournament too. Shame cos they do a reasonable job pulling some big names to this remote corner of the earth. If they gave the players a few ATP points for playing then maybe things would be different?

Channel 7 News in Perth just tried to tell everyone that Ebden replacing Kyrgois is a good thing.

How do you spin that? Hate watching raw talent, flair and extreme power? Guess what it's you lucky day because matty Ebden has replaced nick Kyrgios in the hopman cup

This always going to happen with exhos, it's frustrating but there's no cure, it's always going to play 2nd fiddle to the aus open

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feels weird Hopman Cup starting later this year...usually started by now. The whole AO series tournaments seem to be pushed back a week

Was there even a ball this year?

Murray has twinged his shoulder in Abu Dhabi - here we go....

If Murray doesn't play then the tournament has real issues.

I really think regardless with the names that have pulled out refunds need to be offered. As someone said more players usually withdraw during the tournament so it could get worse.

I think I can speak for most I wouldn't pay 2 cents to watch Ebden and Dellaqua.

The same happens in the Adelaide event so its not just the Hopman Cup but with an exhibition event I think you should be offered a refund when top drawcards pull out. Its not the same as a tournament when they are competiting for a prize and a bit more serious. Its luck who you get in those tournaments.

Murray is playing he said the scans were negative and the pain was just due to fatigue due to how much work he'd put in at the gym in the previous fortnight and he felt totally fine the next day.

Basil Zempilas is cringe-worthy. I mean more than usual. At least he knows about football. But here, he is just blatantly reading off the auto cue with no idea what he's talking about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back