2014/15 Hopman Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

If Murray doesn't play then the tournament has real issues.

I really think regardless with the names that have pulled out refunds need to be offered. As someone said more players usually withdraw during the tournament so it could get worse.

Ticketek wont offer refunds. Its BS.

Murray has confirmed he is on his way to Perth

Eugenie played well - for the opening few points....

The problem with having the Hopman Cup on ch 7mate is can't watch it via foxtel as it isn't on their channel line up.

Basil Zempilas is cringe-worthy. I mean more than usual. At least he knows about football. But here, he is just blatantly reading off the auto cue with no idea what he's talking about.
Yep unfortunately it is a taste of what is to come. Luke Darcy and co suddenly become tennis commentators and it is embarassing when they have no idea...can't pronounce players name etc...

Ebden playing well. Some nice serve volleying. But Janowicz is a basket case. All Ebden is doing is keeping the ball in play, waiting for him to screw up.

Only tuned in this set. Janozwicz has been woeful. Ebden unable to serve it out that could be the turning point there

I get the feeling with Janowicz that at anytime he could flip and go on a murderous rampage

So Ebden 'succumbs to a calf injury' and replaced by Ben Mitchell for the doubles :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you know if he has been ruled out of the rest of the week or just tonight?

Don't know yet. Got courtside tickets specifically to see Kyrgios v Murray, so Im already darker than Kamahl, but Ill be livid if I'm left to watch Mitchell. He was horrendous in the doubles just then.

Don't know yet. Got courtside tickets specifically to see Kyrgios v Murray, so Im already darker than Kamal, but Ill be livid if I'm left to watch Mitchell. He was horrendous in the doubles just then.

Sometimes you have to laugh, whats to bet Casey pulls out too, you might get Ash 'wheres my wildcard' Barty lol

Sometimes you have to laugh, whats to bet Casey pulls out too, you might get Ash 'wheres my wildcard' Barty lol
From the look of things, I think Casey's nan in the crowd was gearing up for a gig

From the look of things, I think Casey's nan in the crowd was gearing up for a gig

Honestly feel for the Fed Cup. Every single year it happens. They promise superstars, but the fact is three quarters of them pull out. Bouchard as the 'headline' is a worry and I love Genie (pity she played like she had 25 schooners the night before today). Maybe the format is out dated, I'm not sure but having half the field pull out is never good.

The idea and relaxed nature of the tournament is great but yeah might be time to do some brainstorming to improve the Hopman Cup.

Maybe...I hate to admit it but this could be the first and hopefully only Australian based tournament to head down the Fast4/Indian Premier Tennis League path to reinvigorate it.

I'm happy for Perth to stay the host city but it is getting awkward the last few years with more cases of dead rubber mixed matches, players withdrawals/injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back