2014/15 Hopman Cup

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think serena could play any worse than she did in that first set. Could easily have thrown the towel in but she hates losing that much she never would throw it away.

Fognini should be good value here

The idea and relaxed nature of the tournament is great but yeah might be time to do some brainstorming to improve the Hopman Cup.

Maybe...I hate to admit it but this could be the first and hopefully only Australian based tournament to head down the Fast4/Indian Premier Tennis League path to reinvigorate it.

I'm happy for Perth to stay the host city but it is getting awkward the last few years with more cases of dead rubber mixed matches, players withdrawals/injuries.

They need to make it worth something. Give them some ranking points for a win, making it to the final. In Davis Cup/Fed Cup they get them.

They need to make it worth something. Give them some ranking points for a win, making it to the final. In Davis Cup/Fed Cup they get them.

It would be very difficult to make it an atp/WTA sanctioned event worth ranking points. It is certainly a Worthwhile event for the players that participate. They get a substantial appearance fee as well as 3 guaranteed matches leading up to the AO. Now the organisers of the Hopman cup don't have an unlimited budget so usually go after 3-4 big name players. Williams, Murray, Bouchard, radwasnka, tsonga originally plus the biggest name in aus tennis in the moment in kyrgios. The original line up was very good. Unfortunately a couple of withdrawals weakens it somewhat, but it is still just an exhibition tournament.

It would be very difficult to make it an atp/WTA sanctioned event worth ranking points. It is certainly a Worthwhile event for the players that participate. They get a substantial appearance fee as well as 3 guaranteed matches leading up to the AO. Now the organisers of the Hopman cup don't have an unlimited budget so usually go after 3-4 big name players. Williams, Murray, Bouchard, radwasnka, tsonga originally plus the biggest name in aus tennis in the moment in kyrgios. The original line up was very good. Unfortunately a couple of withdrawals weakens it somewhat, but it is still just an exhibition tournament.

Well every year for as long as I remember half the field drops out. They need to do something - its unfair to the paying public.

Well every year for as long as I remember half the field drops out. They need to do something - its unfair to the paying public.
Happens in every tournament around this time of year. See Joker in Dubai or where ever it was.

Hopman cup is not unique. personally i love the Hopman Cup. in fact it is great sometimes that you get to watch the stars for 3 matches. in a normal tournament, Eugenie would have already left Perth.

Fognini is a crazy crazy guy. will always be great value in mixed u feel.

Looks like Cornet will win so it will be a live deciding mixed doubles match

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty much the same rule for me! Don't know why but I can't stand her. A man in the women's draw
Because she's a bitch who always has an excuse ready when she loses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back