2014/15 NHL Regular Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How many teams in the East are purely making up the numbers? No one outside of Price & NYR rate a chance, right?

Well I rate NYI, but they are my team in the east so...

The fancy stats people definitely rate Tampa & NYI though. They're near top of the table when it comes to corsi % and get good enough goaltending. Although over the last 25 games, their numbers have slipped. But from what I've seen of them, their line-ups on paper and their fancy stats, they're worthy of being considered with NYR and Price/PK.

Actually, while I'm mentioning fancystats, given we were talking about Winnipeg before, They've got amazing numbers. Top 5 in the league, both all season and since Feb. It's crazy. They're basically LA-like. But their goaltending is a massive question mark and they bleed penalties. They could pull off an upset in the first round. Or Pavelec could s**t his pants.

After today Detroit is making the numbers.

Also, Rinne > Price, QED today ;)

My exact thoughts. Not sure how you give up 5 goals against a team who has won 1 game out of their last 20 with an average of less then 1 goal a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the hell are the Oilers doing? :D

Flyers with one win in their past nine games are thumping the Black Hawks.

Flyers are winless in their last nine games against clubs who are out of the playoffs, that includes a loss to the Leafs. :eek:

Going to be an interesting off-season for them especially being up against the cap.
Holmgren... :D

Despite winning Today the stars are eliminated from playoff contention...no team who allows deryk engeland to score 2 goals (his only 2 of the season) arent allowed the honour of competing for lord stanleys cup..

Your now a 1 in 52 chance rather than a 1 in 100 chance.

Really big 4 game road trip for the Canucks coming up, all against teams on around about the same mark. Will really define whether the Canucks are a chance to push deeper into the playoffs.

Despite winning Today the stars are eliminated from playoff contention...no team who allows deryk engeland to score 2 goals (his only 2 of the season) arent allowed the honour of competing for lord stanleys cup..

Can't believe Hartley didn't give Deryk a go in the shootout. No chance he doesn't hit twine on the night of his career.

Shattenkirk expected back on Saturday. Big in for st.louis and gives him plenty of time to get the feel back before the playoffs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back