Remove this Banner Ad

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Just for a bit of fun, whats your team so far this season?

Note: All players must be born the years 1992-1995 to be eligible.

So it's like the All Australian but only under 22 year olds?

B: Tom Langdon, Steven May, ?
HB: Luke Macdonald, ? , Marley Williams
C: Macrae, Treloar, Aish
HF: Wingard, Cameron, Parker
FF: Elliott, ?, Menzel
R: Witts, Prestia, Wines
I: Bontempelli, Whitfield, Kolodjashnij and Hill

So it's like the All Australian but only under 22 year olds?

B: Tom Langdon, Steven May, Angus Litherland
HB: Luke Macdonald, Tom McDonald, Marley Williams
C: Macrae, Treloar, Aish
HF: Wingard, Cameron, Parker
FF: Elliott, Thomas Lynch, Menzel
R: Witts, Prestia, Wines
I: Bontempelli, Whitfield, Kolodjashnij and Hill

I think people forget how young Heppell still is. He is easily in the best 22 players under the age of 22 - in the best half a dozen or so players of that age.

This. There is a few in that same draft that surely have to be picked...I mean we all get a bit carried away by first year played but there is no way that Aish or Luke McDonald make this side. In a year maybe but not yet. Heppell has one spot.

Jack Hombsch Justin Clarke T.Mcdonald
Brodie Smith Steven May Cameron Sutcliffe
Jack Macrae Dyson Heppell Brad Hill
Luke Dahlhaus Jeremy Cameron Lachie Neale
Luke Parker Tom Lynch Jamie Elliot
Jarrod Witts Tom Libertore Ollie Wines

Adam Treloar, Jared Polec, Jaegar O'Meara, David Swallow

H.M due to injuries/ position depth/etc:

Shaun Atley, Brad Crouch, Daniher, Horlin-Smith, Harley Bennell, Jack Frost, S. Coniglio, D.Shiel, A.Litherland,Jack Darling, Scott Lycett, Luke Dunstan, Anthony Miles, Marley Williams, , James Aish, Troy Menzel, Josh Green Cameron Guthrie

Atley/Guthrie very unlucky.

Last edited:
Jack Hombsch Justin Clarke T.Mcdonald
Brodie Smith Steven May Cameron Sutcliffe
Jack Macrae Ollie Wines Brad Hill
Luke Dahlhaus Jeremy Cameron Lachie Neale
Luke Parker Tom Lynch Jamie Elliot
Jarrod Witts David Swallow Tom Libertore

Adam Treloar, Jared Polec, Jaegar O'Meara, Cameron Guthrie

H.M due to injuries/ position depth/etc:

Shaun Atley, Brad Crouch, Daniher, Horlin-Smith, Harley Bennell, Jack Frost, S. Coniglio, D.Shiel, A.Litherland,Jack Darling, Scott Lycett, Luke Dunstan, Anthony Miles, Marley Williams, , James Aish, Troy Menzel, Josh Green.

Atley very unlucky.

Heppell can't even crack a mention in the unluckies... Should be starting ruck rover and would captain the side.

must have deleted him somewhere, he was starting starting centre. edited it back

Now he's back, good side. ;)

There's a lot of depth in those unluckies and even a lot of quality outside of them like Whitfield, Viney, Patton, Ellis, T.Mitchell, et al.

s**t, the biggest surprise is a Port support left Wingard out completely!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heppell and Cameron are out on their own in that group - both already stars
I think you're forgetting Liberatore as well.
1st in Tackles, 3rd in Clearances, 9th in Supercoach score, 6th in Contested possessions, on top of being number 1 in clearances last year, number 2 in contested possessions, and top 10 in tackles last year

I think you're forgetting Liberatore as well.
1st in Tackles, 3rd in Clearances, 9th in Supercoach score, 6th in Contested possessions, on top of being number 1 in clearances last year, number 2 in contested possessions, and top 10 in tackles last year

Add Parker and Wines.

That's debatable and completely beside the point.
It's not.
Liberatore, and Cameron, who is debatable, are the only players in the league who are both under 22 years old, and the best 2-3 players in the league for the role that they play.
Heppell, Parker, Wines, whilst in the best 10 players under 22 in the league, aren't in the best 2-3 players for their role in the league. Parker is the only one who I could argue a point that he is.

It's not.
Liberatore, and Cameron, who is debatable, are the only players in the league who are both under 22 years old, and the best 2-3 players in the league for the role that they play.
Heppell, Parker, Wines, whilst in the best 10 players under 22 in the league, aren't in the best 2-3 players for their role in the league. Parker is the only one who I could argue a point that he is.

Initial point taken on Libba, but that's ridiculous

It's not.

It is debatable if Libba is 2-3 in the comp when there are the likes of Ablett, Kennedy, Fyfe, Pendlebury, Boak, Selwood and yes Heppell who all do the heavy lifting on the inside while also contributing more on the outside. Libba is a good player, but higher stats just mean he's got less assistance, not necessarily that he is actually better. Until he is consistently able to shake a tag there is no way he is in the top 2-3 for his role.

B: Nick Haynes, Steven May, Brodie Smith
HB: Jared Polec, Jack Hombsch, Adam Treloar
C: Brad Crouch, Tom Liberatore, Dyson Heppell
HF: Luke Parker, Tom Lynch (GC), Harley Bennell
F: Chad Wingard, Jeremy Cameron, Jack Darling
R: Brodie Grundy, Oliver Wines, Dom Tyson
Int: Dion Prestia, David Swallow, Jaeger O'Meara
Sub: Luke Dahlhaus

Elite midfield and forward line, but the defence and the ruck situation are both a bit dodgy.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back